• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Pool Refurbishment

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
One last Link. This also goes to the Orlando Sentinel, but to an article that talks about Disney's plans to re-build/re-design many of their pools to be 'zero-grade' pools (pools that do not have a ledge or drop off at the entry point). The article also speculates on whether this intrest in accessibility has to do with a lawsuit filed last year by a handicapped rights group about accessibility in the WDW resorts.

Sarangel

or could it be that those pools are so much nicer to swim in...they are like walking into the water at the beach. We prefer and look for hotels with these type of pools. Aside from the easy access, they also provide a large play area where the water is between 0 and 4 foot deep. This also saves Disney from the extra expense of providing a kiddy pool in addition to the adult pool.

Seems like the new pools would have to take up alot more space. What would happen to the pools that have no room to expand? many of the pools I can think of fit into this category.

I think that the recently built pool at the Poly would provide an excellent example of what they plan on doing with the newer pools. Aside from the volcano, the pool size is very modest and has that walk-in shorline on one side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter