Wdw partnered rental places

ariel326

Mouseketeer
Hi. I have been searching through past forums but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.
I need to rent a scooter for my step dad and we want to use one of the partnered companies so we can have it at the bell hop and leave it when we depart
I have been looking at Buena vista and apple.
Which do you prefer of those two?
Do they charge you when you make the reservation or time of stay?
If something goes wrong are they able to help you quickly?
Finally, what type of scooter do your prefer to rent?

Hi. I have been searching through past forums but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.
I need to rent a scooter for my step dad and we want to use one of the partnered companies so we can have it at the bell hop and leave it when we depart
1 I have been looking at Buena vista and apple.
2 Which do you prefer of those two?
3 Do they charge you when you make the reservation or time of stay?
4 If something goes wrong are they able to help you quickly?
5 Finally, what type of scooter do your prefer to rent?
1 there are a few that leave them at bell service, not just those two
2 it really depends on what your needs do you need cheap do you need a certain tiller ( the thing that drives the ECV some have a hard time with some)
3 not sure cal and ask
4 most of them will come in the parks how long it takes will depend on where they are at if they are busy ( dropping off other scooter picking them up)
5 again it all depends on you your ( your stepdad ) needs

From this page at Disney's official website:

Disney Featured Providers
In addition to the locations listed here, several Orlando-area companies also offer ECVs, wheelchairs, strollers and other mobility products for rent. Pre-orders and deliveries to Disney Resort hotels are available through these providers, which include:

Be sure to call around and compare rates. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples, and check Gold Mobility - they have been consistently highly rated here in terms of price, customer service and the quality of their equipment. They have a reputation for being very prompt with both delivery and pick up as well.

From this page at Disney's official website:

Be sure to call around and compare rates. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples, and check Gold Mobility - they have been consistently highly rated here in terms of price, customer service and the quality of their equipment. They have a reputation for being very prompt with both delivery and pick up as well.
Your right both trips now the Gold Mobility people were standing waiting for us as we exited the magical express. Excellent service and overly accommodating. Not to mention much cheaper and the nicest scooters we ever rented while at DW.

Which do you prefer of those two?
Do they charge you when you make the reservation or time of stay?
If something goes wrong are they able to help you quickly?
Finally, what type of scooter do your prefer to rent?

I've rented from BV several times. I had no problems with them having the scooter at the Bell services. One time they called me after I'd gotten home asking if I'd dropped it off because they couldn't find it (!) - make sure you sign the book at the bell hop station when you drop it off and it can't hurt to take a photo or get a name or anything else. I guess they found the scooter because they didn't call me back.

Their scooters are in "ok" shape - not the best. Once I got a scooter that was oddly slow and they replaced it within 3-4 hours (I was still at the hotel). Once I got a scooter that had a very loud squeaky wheel - and they replaced it with another - and it had a squeaky wheel too. I mean it was loud enough that people would turn around and look at me - drove me nuts. I asked for another replacement and told them to make sure it didn't squeak. I'm not that picky - but it was loud. They were a bit rude about it saying they don't replace scooters for this reason but they'd do it this time. Their scooters look like they've been used for a long time and have a wobbliness to the seats and such. Last time I rented from them was Spring of 2018 - I switched over to Gold Mobility last August. It's like night and day better but if you really need a company who can use the bell services then Buena Vista is fine.

Someone posted the information for you from the Disney website, so I won’t repeat it.
You will find it in post 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread. That thread is stuck near the top of this board or you can follow the link in my signature.

Last I saw, Apple had an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. That would be enough to scare me away! I've rented from Buena Vista in the past (prefer Gold Mobility now), and didn't have any problems. However, I'd prefer to have the scooter handed-off with the rental company than have it left at Bell Services. Last time BS lost my scooter key and I had to wait almost 1/2 hour while they looked for another key that worked (yes, keys are interchangeable on scooters).

Based on this forum I just rented from Gold Mobility Services for 4 days (Aug 2-5) they could not have been nicer. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to rent. Very professional, super nice, and accommodating. I was at the DVC villas at GF. It was dropped off directly to me in the lobby. The scooter was practically brand new, handled well, and had some pep. I will definitely rent from them again. Top notch.

I did get the "Disney" list from Guest Services, and am glad I came and looked at these forums before I just chose one, GMS is not on their list but had great reviews, so I went with them and was very pleased. Happy scooting.

Last I saw, Apple had an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. That would be enough to scare me away! I've rented from Buena Vista in the past (prefer Gold Mobility now), and didn't have any problems. However, I'd prefer to have the scooter handed-off with the rental company than have it left at Bell Services. Last time BS lost my scooter key and I had to wait almost 1/2 hour while they looked for another key that worked (yes, keys are interchangeable on scooters).

I have never used Apple, but my friend uses them every six months for 10 days, and she is very happy. I just wanted to throw that out, in case it helps anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!