WDW opening on July 11 and DVC Resorts June 15th (HH, VB) and June 22nd (WDW)

Looks like still only letting u book at Disney springs restaurants

The updated message on DVC website indicates resort restaurants will be open, but could have limited offerings,

I wonder if they won’t take reservations? What I did notice missing from the updated message was the waiving of holding points and the return of borrowed points.

So, I wonder if those will be discontinued for reservations from opening on...

I can’t wait to begin to here reports from people who actual have expiring points as to the new process

Judging by the language in the DVC email about point extension am I reading it correctly that you must have a reservation that was actually cancelled by Disney to qualify to extend points? We have Aulani booked in mid July with banked 2018 points and 2019 points with Sept UY. It looks like the only way we’d qualify to get the point expiration moved back is if Aulani isn’t open by our check in date?

Judging by the language in the DVC email about point extension am I reading it correctly that you must have a reservation that was actually cancelled by Disney to qualify to extend points? We have Aulani booked in mid July with banked 2018 points and 2019 points with Sept UY. It looks like the only way we’d qualify to get the point expiration moved back is if Aulani isn’t open by our check in date?

It doesn’t have to be canceled by them,,,you can cancel it on your own.

However, if the resort is actually open on the dates of the reservation after you cancel, then your points are ineligible. If it is closed, then your points should be extended

So, if you aren’t going regardless, I’d cancel and see what happens. If you will go if it is, then let it ride!

....What I did notice missing from the updated message was the waiving of holding points and the return of borrowed points.

So, I wonder if those will be discontinued for reservations from opening on...

I think it’s a little short-sighted and unfair not to suspend the holding account for the first few months of this gradual opening. Things are changing on very short notice, and if there is a Parks policy unacceptable or unpalatable to a member who has a reservation within 30 days, they should not be penalized for a late cancellation.

We have a stay scheduled for July. Our arrival date is currently 7/6, but we’ll probably move that to a later date given today’s announcement. We have to finish our stay by 7/18. Currently, I would have to cancel that stay by next Thursday (or Friday) to avoid having those points go into a holding account. Right now, the details of what will be offered during that time are nil and may not be much better by the end of next week.

Until WDW can provide a more reliable experience, they should allow people to cancel at any time without penalty. I realize that we are only guaranteed accommodations, but most of us go for the park experience.

Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop July 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol

I think it’s a little short-sighted and unfair not to suspend the holding account for the first few months of this gradual opening. Things are changing on very short notice, and if there is a Parks policy unacceptable or unpalatable to a member who has a reservation within 30 days, they should not be penalized for a late cancellation.

We have a stay scheduled for July. Our arrival date is currently 7/6, but we’ll probably move that to a later date given today’s announcement. We have to finish our stay by 7/18. Currently, I would have to cancel that stay by next Thursday (or Friday) to avoid having those points go into a holding account. Right now, the details of what will be offered during that time are nil and may not be much better by the end of next week.

Until WDW can provide a more reliable experience, they should allow people to cancel at any time without penalty. I realize that we are only guaranteed accommodations, but most of us go for the park experience.

I have read that people have been told today borrowed points being returned is still in effect,

I would venture that they may still waive holding, but If I was someone who had a trip coming up, I’d want to confirm it’s going to be waived and until what date

I think that was why I pointed it out because nothing worse than assuming it’s still in effect when it’s been removed from the website.

Good post with lots of info: AKV Kidani is listed...not Jambo. Interesting.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-61933564

Worried about this, booked at AKV Jambo for beginning of August this morning but now the reservation portal is looking strange, there was lots of availability this morning but now it looks like the resorts did when MS was snatching up cancelled availability during the closure - hoping I’m just being paranoid. It’s been several rebooked trips (including this one moved from early July again) and I think I’ve become very skeptical that things can go smoothly.

Worried about this, booked at AKV Jambo for beginning of August this morning but now the reservation portal is looking strange, there was lots of availability this morning but now it looks like the resorts did when MS was snatching up cancelled availability during the closure - hoping I’m just being paranoid. It’s been several rebooked trips (including this one moved from early July again) and I think I’ve become very skeptical that things can go smoothly.

It is possible you will be okay as that list may be just what is opening before resort hotels do?

Or, they didn’t list it and have cash guests think it’s open for their bookings since most of Jambo is cash not DVC?

I have read that people have been told today borrowed points being returned is still in effect,

I would venture that they may still waive holding, but If I was someone who had a trip coming up, I’d want to confirm it’s going to be waived and until what date

I think that was why I pointed it out because nothing worse than assuming it’s still in effect when it’s been removed from the website.

I definitely plan to reach out to them. Can’t put almost 500 points at risk. Honestly, with all of the unknowns, I’m not sure we want to drive 15 hours for this heavily restricted experience. We’ll probably cancel and save the points for next year, although about 80 are banked points that I’ll probably put in RCI. This was a rescheduled trip from spring break at the beginning of April. I now have to figure out what to do with the 10-day PH tickets I no longer need. Would be nice to get a refund, but I’ll probably have to apply the value to a future ticket. I know...first world problems.

Has anyone figured out how many days since they closed so we can calculate the # of days to extend our annual passes with a new date? It's not updated yet in the Passholder interface.

I'm getting 125 days (march 16 - July 11)?

So, when will the AP clock "reset"? Will it be July 11 (only 2 parks open). Or July 15 (4 parks open) OR a later date when fireworks/parades/etc come back online? So... 125 days may not be correct....

DeerH

So, when will the AP clock "reset"? Will it be July 11 (only 2 parks open). Or July 15 (4 parks open) OR a later date when fireworks/parades/etc come back online? So... 125 days may not be correct....

DeerH

I wonder if they won’t start it until no more advanced reservations?

Anyone else having trouble logging into the DVC site tonight? Earlier today I modified my June reservation to July.... but now when I log in it asks for my Club ID and Activation Code. Do I seriously have to to try to dig up old paperwork right now?

Edit: Problem Solved. User Error 🙋🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
my thing is just everyone’s practically packing their bags and acting like it’s a done deal. At the moment of everyone posting it wasn’t/isn’t 100% done deal. (by the way Mods there are redundant threads ALL over)

While I agree, I just don't see a world where you could approve Universal's rash reopening and not approve a much more well thought out plan. I suppose stranger things have happened, but....

While I agree, I just don't see a world where you could approve Universal's rash reopening and not approve a much more well thought out plan. I suppose stranger things have happened, but....

My reason for posting was because there were numerous threads started proclaiming Disney IS opening on x date.
Not Disney SUGGESTED.
Not Disney PROPOSED.
Like it was signed and certified done deal.

My reason for posting was because there were numerous threads started proclaiming Disney IS opening on x date.
Not Disney SUGGESTED.
Not Disney PROPOSED.
Like it was signed and certified done deal.

Splitting hairs, but yes, technically you are correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!