WDW opening on July 11 and DVC Resorts June 15th (HH, VB) and June 22nd (WDW)

“We are reaching out to guests affected by these updates with additional information and details on options, including refunds.“

So, I wonder if this would include a refund on park tickets? We bought 10-day PH tickets for Spring Break and real don’t need them going forward. We have a bunch of pre-purchased DVC AP‘s to get us through 2023 or 2024. We just needed the 10 day tickets to bridge us to 2021, since we didn’t have any way to get two trips in on one AP with our 2020 trip.

I have some updates I just got from a TA friend, She did say they are being told that everything is subject to change and so what is the plan today, could change some tomorrow as things are rolled out,

Pools at the villas will be open but the main pools will not during the time before resorts open for regular guests,

Cash guests will be moved to DVC resorts at the start...yes, you heard that right...this will be an upgrade for some cash guests and they will not have an option to choose.

Now, she did say that for resorts thst are shared ones the rooms used could be hotel side and not DVC..but it sounds like they will not be opening all resorts from the start. So, at Poly, they could fill the hotel rooms and not DVC villas, but a place like Port Orleans will not be used.

All dining plans are gone, including for DVC members reservations. Once someone gets a park day scheduled, they would then become eligible to book an ADR for a restaurant in that park.

Buses, monorail and ferry will run with limited capacity,

No character meals, no water parks, and all buffets will be ordering from a menu.

Those with free dining packages will be given a 35% room discount instead, but only for this trip..at least that’s the policy right now

Nothing was mentioned yet about APs.

That’s all so far and she will keep me in the loop as she sent this all to her clients and will include me!

Phew!

I have some updates I just got from a TA friend, She did say they are being told that everything is subject to change and so what is the plan today, could change some tomorrow as things are rolled out,

Pools at the villas will be open but the main pools will not during the time before resorts open for regular guests,

Cash guests will be moved to DVC resorts at the start...yes, you heard that right...this will be an upgrade for some cash guests and they will not have an option to choose.

Now, she did say that for resorts thst are shared ones the rooms used could be hotel side and not DVC..but it sounds like they will not be opening all resorts from the start. So, at Poly, they could fill the hotel rooms and not DVC villas, but a place like Port Orleans will not be used.

All dining plans are gone, including for DVC members reservations. Once someone gets a park day scheduled, they would then become eligible to book an ADR for a restaurant in that park.

No character meals, no water parks, and all buffets will be ordering from a menu.

Those with free dining packages will be given a 35% room discount instead, but only for this trip..at least that’s the policy right now

That’s all so far and she will keep me in the loop as she sent this all to her clients and will include me!

Phew!
So if you are right this would mean Disney could move cash guests to:
Poly
Grand Floridian
Riveria
Beach Club
Animal Kingdom
Boulder Ridge
Maybe Contemporary if you consider BLT the same resort

Last edited:

So if you are right this would mean Disney could move cash guests to:
Poly
Grand Floridian
Riveria
Beach Club
Animal Kingdom
Maybe Contemporary if you consider BLT the same resort

That is what it sounds like, I think they could also include SSR and OKW because technically, they are allowed to take DVC rooms within 60 days...

But, as she said, they didnt say for how long this would be. if they get a lot of people who cancel because they lost free dining, the 35% discount isn’t worth it, and they don’t know they will be at the parks every day, it could change and they open up something else instead like CBR.

That is what it sounds like, I think they could also include SSR and OKW because technically, they are allowed to take DVC rooms within 60 days...

But, as she said, they didnt say for how long this would be. if they get a lot of people who cancel because they lost free dining, the 35% discount isn’t worth it, and they don’t know they will be at the parks every day, it could change and they open up something else instead like CBR.

I had a split stay cash and DVC. The cash portion was for 5 days and the free DDP made this portion make sense. Now a studio at 35% for a family of 5 isn't going to make sense any longer... A quick service DDP is worth $55 per person per day... This means they just took away $55 x5 = $275 worth of free DDP and gave use 35% x $300 = $105!! This is a difference of $170... Come on Disney this is total BS!

I had a split stay cash and DVC. The cash portion was for 5 days and the free DDP made this portion make sense. Now a studio at 35% for a family of 5 isn't going to make sense any longer... A quick service DDP is worth $55 per person per day... This means they just took away $55 x5 = $275 worth of free DDP and gave use 35% x $300 = $105!! This is a difference of $170... Come on Disney this is total BS!

I get it doesn’t work out better for you, but to be fair, Disney could have just said we have to cancel your package and can not offer you any new one at this time.

I know it stinks, but if it’s not financial worth it anymore,,,and Disney knows it won’t be for everyone, then you gotta decide to keep this new discount or cancel. There will be some people that this discount will be close to the same.

No real winners in all of this and no way Disney can make everyone happy this year.

Phew!

Great info! Thanks for sharing!

Phew!

New member, so bear with me! Would this mean if I’m at Jambo July 2, that pool is closed and I’d have to go to Kidani?What about Poly? No volcano pool?

I'm not able to find anyone asking the questions that are in my head. Why would anyone want to book DVC from June 22 to July 10? Parks aren't open. I guess people could go to Universal or SeaWorld. What I'm wondering is if certain dates in this time range may be invited to preview days at the parks. Before the opening announcement, I booked one night at All Star Movies on July 4 assuming that resort guests would receive priority to enter the parks. My daughter and I live in Houston and have a condo in Celebration, so I really don't need to pay for a hotel room. I just view it as a premium to get into the park if needed. I also booked a DVC room at Bay Lake on 7/11 so we can just walk over to MK and then Boardwalk on 7/15 to walk to HS. I assume that anyone with Disney resort reservations will automatically be allowed to reserve park days for their entire stay, especially DVC members. I hope to see a DVC preview day prior to 7/11. I have so many flights booked to cover all the possibilities! From what I read in earlier posts, my All Star reservation for $150 could turn into a nice DVC resort. That's a good deal even though I don't need it. I wish I had booked several more one night cheap room placeholders! We went to Disney Springs last weekend and hardly anyone was there. The restaurant prices seemed to be a couple dollars more per entrée. We even met Josh D'Amaro at Disney Springs!

I'm not able to find anyone asking the questions that are in my head. Why would anyone want to book DVC from June 22 to July 10? Parks aren't open. I guess people could go to Universal or SeaWorld. What I'm wondering is if certain dates in this time range may be invited to preview days at the parks. Before the opening announcement, I booked one night at All Star Movies on July 4 assuming that resort guests would receive priority to enter the parks. My daughter and I live in Houston and have a condo in Celebration, so I really don't need to pay for a hotel room. I just view it as a premium to get into the park if needed. I also booked a DVC room at Bay Lake on 7/11 so we can just walk over to MK and then Boardwalk on 7/15 to walk to HS. I assume that anyone with Disney resort reservations will automatically be allowed to reserve park days for their entire stay, especially DVC members. I hope to see a DVC preview day prior to 7/11. I have so many flights booked to cover all the possibilities! From what I read in earlier posts, my All Star reservation for $150 could turn into a nice DVC resort. That's a good deal even though I don't need it. I wish I had booked several more one night cheap room placeholders! We went to Disney Springs last weekend and hardly anyone was there. The restaurant prices seemed to be a couple dollars more per entrée. We even met Josh D'Amaro at Disney Springs!
It has been reported and stated by Disney that there will be park previews for affinity groups. AKA AP passholders, DVC etc... Unknown what the dates are. If we had a stay booked, we would probably go. Sometimes you just need a vacation from everyday living.

New member, so bear with me! Would this mean if I’m at Jambo July 2, that pool is closed and I’d have to go to Kidani?What about Poly? No volcano pool?

She mentioned Poly that the main pool would not be open during the time when it’s just DVC. I took that to mean from July 22nd until the Poly hotel opens,

I don’t know about Jambo and Kidani, but my guess would be if Jambo is open for DVC....which we think it should be...than that pool would be open too.

Now, there is something that went out to CMs I believe that doesn’t have Jambo listed as opening the 22nd of June...only Kidani.

That could mean it was an error, or it could mean they will move DVC to Kidani until AKL opens to cash guest. Again, no info for sure.

So, it definitely sounds like until the DVC resorts that are with shared hotels open to cash guests...which is most of them...the only pools that will be open are the quiet ones..

As she said, things are changing and honestly, until things actual open and guests are there, we won’t know for sure!

I am going to be there during the DVC only time. This trip was already planned to be resort only, so the parks opening wasn’t an issue for us. Of course, we will be there the 3rd to the 7th at VGF and if there is a preview day during that time, it’d be great..although my friend doesn’t have a ticket and not sure if they will allow us to buy her one to go in with me.

Also, from the report, we are not necessarily guaranteed to get a park reservation every day. Whether as DVC we will get a priority when things open up, no one knows. But, she told all her cash guests that due to limited capacity, there is a chance you won’t get into a park every day, or the park of choice may not be the one you want, Until official details are rolled out, this was just a warning that there will be no guarantee as of now,

In terms of the upgrades, again, that is what they are planning to do today to keep the number of resorts opening all at once down. It certainly could change, but it sounds like for guests at value and mods during the initial stages, there is a good chance they will be upgraded to a deluxe DVC resort that Disney chooses for them.

I am going to be there during the DVC only time. This trip was already planned to be resort only, so the parks opening wasn’t an issue for us. Of course, we will be there the 3rd to the 7th at VGF and if there is a preview day during that time, it’d be great..although my friend doesn’t have a ticket and not sure if they will allow us to buy her one to go in with me.

Also, from the report, we are not necessarily guaranteed to get a park reservation every day. Whether as DVC we will get a priority when things open up, no one knows. But, she told all her cash guests that due to limited capacity, there is a chance you won’t get into a park every day, or the park of choice may not be the one you want, Until official details are rolled out, this was just a warning that there will be no guarantee as of now,

In terms of the upgrades, again, that is what they are planning to do today to keep the number of resorts opening all at once down. It certainly could change, but it sounds like for guests at value and mods during the initial stages, there is a good chance they will be upgraded to a deluxe DVC resort that Disney chooses for them.
We were also planning to be there for a resort stay, so we're actually pretty happy that it will be a limited number of people around. The resort will be a home base and we'll take the kids out to see some of old Florida that they don't usually get to see since we're at the parks or pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter