MAPS: by Robo. WDW places & how to get there.

Just a heads up they appear to now have two disabled areas in the hub for fireworks viewing. Not sure if they are permanent or just for the initial crowd hit with it starting.

They are located on the circular outer sidewalk of the hub opposite side of the flower bed on both the desert party and old fastpass side. I've never passed them with people so not sure if this doubles for vip or just mobility needs viewers but I know many liked those spots a lot.

They rope them off mid afternoon with "reserved" flags on the ropes.

Just a heads up they appear to now have two disabled areas in the hub for fireworks viewing. Not sure if they are permanent or just for the initial crowd hit with it starting.

We'll let 'em simmer until they stabilize.

Any tips for the Star Wars fireworks DHS?

DHS FIREWORKS Viewing (Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular)

Arrive at least 45 minutes before showtime and grab a spot.

DHS-Gate-SWFireworks_031317_zpsjytpvqwj.jpg

This is brilliant. Thanks so much! It's going to help me take my obsessive planning to the next level.

Robo, these maps are totally AMAZING!!!!!!
i've only been going to WDW since 1974 (pretty much every year) and this is the first time i've really been able to get a feel for where everything is!!!

i'm desperately trying to work out FPs for our group - our 60 day mark is in 7 days i think - and i can't seem to get my head around how to do fantasyland with the least amount of walking...(backtracking)..

actually Mk is a difficult one in general for me to figure out..

i so miss the days of the paper FPs, when i could go running around to get our FPs for the group...
all this scheduling and figuring and calculating is so beyond me....
anyway, these maps are so very helpful!!!!!
thanks so much for taking the time..

I ran into a new fireworks spot in MK I've never tried before last night...

If it's raining and the fireworks are still happening. If you don't need a clear view of the castle but still get a castle view, you can stand under the people mover near space mountain and get a great view of all the fireworks and see most of the castle from the side. It's not getting the full HEA experience but it might be a great I've seen it in the hub bad weather alternative especially if your thinking of trying to catch the express pass bus just afterwards. You can also get it from the edge of the path where the smoking section is near however the audio is not loud there so it's a pure just want to see fireworks, don't care about the sound location.

The locations might even be between for those wet days and very humid days where there is no wind and the smoke doesn't clear since your looking at them from the side.

I don't recommend either of these locations for someone that wants the whole HEA experience with animations on the castle. you really want to be in the hub for that.

Thank you so much for this! I appreciate that a tremendous amount of work went it to this and it is so helpful!

Pure beauty eh. Love how much these shortcuts help avoid crowds and getting bottlenecked.

I ran into a new fireworks spot in MK I've never tried before last night...

If it's raining and the fireworks are still happening. If you don't need a clear view of the castle but still get a castle view, you can stand under the people mover near space mountain and get a great view of all the fireworks and see most of the castle from the side.

Thanks. I will try that.

It's not getting the full HEA experience but it might be a great I've seen it in the hub bad weather alternative especially if your thinking of trying to catch the express pass bus just afterwards.

Is this still referring to the above location? Under the people mover near space mountain? Is that near the express bus exit?

The locations might even be between for those wet days and very humid days where there is no wind and the smoke doesn't clear since your looking at them from the side.

Hi Robo :) popped over here to see if I could find a map with the FP and Dining Package locations for the Pixar Live show .... is there one you can direct me to? Debating whether or not to drop the dining package we have and just go for either FP+ or Standby for the Pixar show....have seen Fantasmic so many times that's really a non issue but if the dining package seats for Pixar are THAT good perhaps we will foot the extra cost. . .

Hi Robo :) popped over here to see if I could find a map with the FP and Dining Package locations for the Pixar Live show .... is there one you can direct me to? Debating whether or not to drop the dining package we have and just go for either FP+ or Standby for the Pixar show....have seen Fantasmic so many times that's really a non issue but if the dining package seats for Pixar are THAT good perhaps we will foot the extra cost. . .

Sorry, but I don't know where the Pixar Dining Pkg. seating is located.
For Beauty and the Beast: LIVE, the FP+ section is generally toward the front half of the seating.
The theater is not so large as to make a huge difference where I'm seated, regardless.
We never get a FP for this and normally sit in the center section right behind the tech (lighting and sound) booth,
which is a bit farther than halfway back.

Just as long as we are not seated in the bleachers at the far rear of the theater (in the daytime, they are often in the sun,)
we are just fine for seeing and hearing.

Thanks! We have never used a FP for Beauty and the Beast either, but we see it nearly every trip :) I logged on to MDE today at 5:45 and had the ability to collect a FP for the 6:15 show so I am thinking I will drop the package and just book a non-package breakfast as my daughter wants a photo with her namesake, Sophia :)

Wow. I can't begin to express how helpful this is for a first-timer! That must have taken a ton of work! Thank you!

Wow. I can't begin to express how helpful this is for a first-timer! That must have taken a ton of work! Thank you!

Thanks, Corbie, and the many others who have posted such kind words.
Yes, these maps were created over the course of years.
When I came across a question or discussion on the boards that was better/easier explained with a map, I made one.
The collection grew over time and, in many cases, I've updated older maps as changes came along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!