WDW Lost & Found ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
I'm curious.

1. Is there a lost & found at each park?

2. What do they do with unclaimed items?

3. Anyone heard of any weird/strange stuff being lost & found?

It goes to property control and is sold, you should see the stuff!! Strollers, garbage cans full of hats, cameras cell phones etc. When we were there there was a yearbook or whatever you call it from the navy from a long time ago, that was left one of the parks.

There were probably 20 strollers outside for sale. I saw watches, Barrels of sunglasses, it was crazy!

Once we left a bag on a bus when we were returning to the Fort. We have 3 kids and double stroller we lug around...so each of us thought the other person had it.

Our bag went back to the park we came from (Hollywood Studios). There is a lost and found at each park. If the item is not claimed there, they told us that it travels to a central location for all lost and found items.

After a few hours...we finally received a call from the "manager" of lost and found. They asked us to describe the bag (it was one of the canvas bags that you get for $10 with a $40 purchase:rotfl: ). It had a Nikon digital SLR camera in it along with a ton of kid's stuff. They brought it to our campsite about 15 minutes later! :thumbsup2

It goes to property control and is sold, you should see the stuff!! Strollers, garbage cans full of hats, cameras cell phones etc. When we were there there was a yearbook or whatever you call it from the navy from a long time ago, that was left one of the parks.

There were probably 20 strollers outside for sale. I saw watches, Barrels of sunglasses, it was crazy!

1. Where is this place?
2. Does the $ go to charity?

It is behind the MK, it is where they sell all the stuff that is broken/ dirty / out of date from the parks. You can also buy signs, golf carts, trucks, boom lifts, mickey waffle makers, if disney owns it, and it is no longer needed.... Lol it goes here to be sold.

CHARITY???? Who are you kidding? Disney and charity.....:rotfl2:

We had an experience with the lost and found at MK a few years ago.
My DMIL had rented a wheelchair in MK and my DD had put her little backpack purse over the handle. When we returned the wheelchair, she forgot all about her bag, until we were back in our room, of course, but by that time the park was closed. (or would be by the time we'd get back over there!) We called the wheelchair rental office and they said, yes they had it and it would be at the MK lost and found in the town hall building. We weren't planning on going to MK the next day, and there wasn't anything important in DD's bag, so we went to retrieve it the following day. Well, by that time it had been taken to the main lost and found, which is in the building next to the monorail station at the TTC. They were very nice and efficient, we just ended up riding the ferry to and from the MK 3 times that morning! I don't know how long they keep items before they dispose of them. I didn't ask that question. I would imagine it would be at least a week, so there would be time for people to retreive their items.

A couple of years ago, our son's girlfriend dropped her wallet and passport from her purse when we were eating at LeCellier and didn't notice it until we were guzzling Mooseheads at Off Kilter - we went all over the place looking and couldn't find them so we went to guest relations and the wallet and passport beat us there! Nothing was missing from the wallet even though she had some cash in it. Overall a good experience

My cousin took us to PC, it was so much fun! You would not believe what was there. When you check out, they give you a reciept with the original prices on it, and then what you have to pay, we got about $500 worth of stuff for about $100. My cousin said that they pick up the hats and glasses etc under the rides every night... and there are tons of them. There were lights from one of the resorts, tons of air hockey tables, computers, pictures from the walls of one of the resort rooms. There was a huge sign outside, about a million green plastic outdoor chair thingys.... LOL

Property control is not open to the general public. You must be a cast member or a guest of a cast member in order to make purchases here.

Of course, don't really know any CM's anymore. Maybe we can make quick friends with one in Sept. and get to check it out.

Okay...here's the process for the theme parks.

1) CM finds an "abandoned" item.

2) Each attraction has an area where the item is logged in on a form & held until the attraction closes.

3) The closing manager takes all abandoned items to a central location at the park - in Epcot where I used to work this is guest relations outside the ticket turnstile.

4) The item is held at guest relations for one week.

5) At the end of the week the item goes to central lost and found which is at the kennel outside of the Magic Kingdom - next to the Poly.

6) Central L&F holds the item an additional 30 days at which time the item goes to PC to be sold to any interested CM.

The money for the L&F item is supposed to go to "Give the Kids the World". How that is done I have no clue.

Now,,, this is what happened to us at FtW one time.

1) We took our bikes over to ride around FtW & DH's wallet fell out of his back pocket.

2) The next day we discovered the wallet was missing and could only have been at FtW. We called the front desk & was told they didn't have it & then transferred us to L&F for FtW which is at the Kennel. They didn't have the wallet, either.

3) L&F said to call back each day for up to 30 days, which we did & no wallet.

4) THREE & 1/2 MONTHS LATER.... I get a phone call from L&F at FtW saying DH's wallet was turned in.:eek: Over to FtW I go in utter disbelief!!
Well - there was the wallet with everything intact except the cash. The credit/debit cards had long been cancelled so no problem with that...but then.... I discovered that my DH was carrying his Soc. Sec. card in his wallet. YIKES!!! I have pulled a credit report every 6 months since that time.

But...where was the wallet for all that time???

They kept the SS card hoping that someday the laws will change and otters will be eligible for social security.

Hey...anybody who DIDN'T pay into the system gets it...so why not the otters??

Speaking of SS Jim....have you turned in your notice yet?

Oh that. They want to keep me on per diem status, which I guess I will do, since that will give me the option of working or not when they need me. But the 6th of October should be my last official day there.

Quite A few years ago , we went to" Dollywood " park in East TN.
The park was about to close, we had time for one more ride, we were at the very back of the park, so we rode a roller coaster. When we got to the front entrance, I realized my wallet was gone, along with 800.00, I.D., credit cards, the works ! :confused3 Reported it lost,,by that time EVERYONE had gone.
Canceled all the cards.:sad2:
Next day returned to the park, checked lost and found, no wallet. Bout late lunch we checked again,,employee found it on the roller coaster. EVERYTHING was still in the wallet,,EVEN the 800.oo !:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!