WDW Live Chat help function

Franrose

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been able to use the Live Chat function on the WDW booking site from Australia?

In all the years booking on line I've never had it work for me (at any time of day, on any computer), though CMs insist it should. I know CMs insisting anything doesn't necessarily make it so though, lol. I would like to be able to sort things with my booking without having to sit on hold on an international call (email help isn't able to get into booking details so that's a no-go).

Is it just me? :confused: (If you haven't seen the function, it's here - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/ <-hopefully this link is ok!)

I wasn't even aware it was there! Shows how observant I am lol
I hope it does end up working for you

Sorry Franrose - never used it.

What booking problems are you having and have you sorted them yet?

I wanted to see if room requests I had made were stored on the system - I think I'll sign up for Touring Plans and use their request system instead, lol!

In however many years since we have been coming to Disney - it's never worked. I rang and spoke to a cast member at DCL though the other day and he insisted there's no reason why it shouldn't work. Words are so cheap, lol.

I wanted to see if room requests I had made were stored on the system - I think I'll sign up for Touring Plans and use their request system instead, lol!

I haven’t personally used Touring Plans for this purpose before, but I have read good things about it.
I hope you end up getting what you want.

I'm not super super picky about views or anything, but since we are staying at Saratoga Springs and will be without a car, I'd prefer not to be a couple of kms from the lobby etc :rotfl:

ETA: We are definitely blocked because of our geolocation. I used a proxy (you do have to be careful doing this though) that made me appear to be in the US, and within a few minutes was able to live chat with someone for both my WDW and DCL cruise bookings. :) Took the proxy off and couldn't get it to work again.

ETA: We are definitely blocked because of our geolocation. I used a proxy (you do have to be careful doing this though) that made me appear to be in the US, and within a few minutes was able to live chat with someone for both my WDW and DCL cruise bookings. :) Took the proxy off and couldn't get it to work again.

You have to wonder what their reasoning would be for blocking us?
Given that calls for us a more expensive and there is no international free-dial we can use, all the more reason to make the live chat available to us. :confused3

You have to wonder what their reasoning would be for blocking us?
Given that calls for us a more expensive and there is no international free-dial we can use, all the more reason to make the live chat available to us. :confused3
Agreed!

I've called them once this trip I think, and it was a lengthy call where I sat on hold for a good 30 mins or more, and then needed 20 mins of help.

...Although, to be fair, I just looked that call up and it cost me $1.29 + GST. Ok, maybe not such a big deal after all :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!