WDW in April

Lucys dad

Mouseketeer
Thinking about booking for the 2 Weeks Easter holiday in 2020. We have usually gone in the October holidays in the past, or occasionally in the summer. As DD is heading to University this September and DW is a teacher, our October holiday is out of the question for a few years.

Any thoughts or advice on going during the April holida ? Crowd levels, weather, price etc. I suspect the weather wouldl be nice at that time of year but my initial research suggests its a little more expensive, especially flights and also less flight options ? We try and fly direct from Scotland but would look at other options

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Hi

We went in April 2013, but I think we were just outside of UK Easter holidays.

Weather was perfect, lovely and warm for shorts and T-Shirts but not unbearable or humid/sticky. I don't like the heat, and there was only one day which peaked and I had to go for an afternoon shade lie down. We were just outside of the holidays but crowd levels were low/medium depending on attraction and park but given the new openings I don't think I can comment too much now!

I'd certainly recommend April for weather anyway!

I visited mid April 2013, 2015 and 2016, so not during Spring Break or UK easter holidays I don't think (no kids so I'm not sure!), price was quite good, remember getting flights at a pretty decent cost through Virgin and I don't think any of the flights we were on were full so we were able to spread out a bit... weather wise it was amazing, nice and hot but not sticky heat as has been pointed out, I'm not sure we even saw rain some years for the full 2 weeks! We usually go end of August and into September and I thought April was definitely busier on the whole but my last August/September trip which was 2017 probably wasn't comparable anyway due to the Pandora openings. I think Easter 2020 will be quite busy due to SW openings though at a guess but not really the biggest issue if you plan correctly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter