WDW & Disneyland - April/May

Adub

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I've booked my tip in a few months for WDW and Disneyland.

Firstly, this will be my 4th trip to WDW. I've stayed at 2 non Disney hotels, in late 2017 I stayed at All Stars Resort, this trip it will be Pop Century - has anyone stayed at these Disney hotels and can advise if Pop Century is better for the few extra dollars?

I will then be heading back to LA and staying in Anahiem a few days and this will be my 11th trip to Disneyland, 3 days at a non Disney hotel, then my last night I'm planning a Disney hotel - thinking the Disneyland Hotel...is this the best out of the 3 Disney hotels in Anaheim?

Thanks in advance.

Unless staying at a Disney Hotel is a dream of yours moving hotels for one night is a hassle. If you are using transport it even a bigger hassle. We were going to do something similar but worked out that we couldn’t check in till the afternoon and had to leave early the next day. I have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel but didn’t really like it. I had always wanted to. Don’t need to again. We now use the Homewood suites Anaheim convention which meets our families needs. Our plan is WDW on-site Disneyland offsite.

Pop Century is more centrally located than the All Stars. Their rooms have been recently refurbished. The All-Star Movies have started refurbishment but I don't know if it will be completed by April/May. I would say it's worth it to stay at Pop for the guaranteed refurbished room.

The best Disney hotel in Disneyland Resort is actually the Grand Californian. You can enter DCA from that hotel (although you don't have to stay there to use that entrance.) The Disneyland Hotel is more classic and for a long time, the only hotel on Disney property.

Hi all,

I've booked my tip in a few months for WDW and Disneyland.

Firstly, this will be my 4th trip to WDW. I've stayed at 2 non Disney hotels, in late 2017 I stayed at All Stars Resort, this trip it will be Pop Century - has anyone stayed at these Disney hotels and can advise if Pop Century is better for the few extra dollars?

I will then be heading back to LA and staying in Anahiem a few days and this will be my 11th trip to Disneyland, 3 days at a non Disney hotel, then my last night I'm planning a Disney hotel - thinking the Disneyland Hotel...is this the best out of the 3 Disney hotels in Anaheim?

Thanks in advance.

I have been to WDW twice and stayed at Pop both times. We will be going again next year and will be staying there again. I did a lot of research before I went the first time and that's when I learnt that Pop had a dedicated bus service unlike the 3 All Star resorts that share the buses between them. The quick service has improved with each stay and you can walk across the bridge to try the Art of Animation quick service too. Oh and the grounds at bot Pop and Art of Animation are fun to walk around and see.

I ❤ Pop

We LOVE POP too! We stayed at All Stars Movies in Jan, and while we did enjoy exploring a new resort, POP is still our favorite. Most things were similar and we didn't have any problems with the buses. One thing we did notice was the food court at POP was much bigger than at ASMo. I would definitely choose POP.

As for Disneyland, we love to stay at the Howard Johnson. We have not stayed at a Disney hotel in Anaheim, so I can't comment on that. But the Hojo is across the street from Disney and we were extremely happy with our stay there. Depending on the time of year, they also have some great discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!