WDW DAS going digital? - YES - started April 30, 2015. See page 6

One more question- does DAS work on shows and/or parades with FP+? I have never tried this before. Did use on A and E meet and greet though.
it dose not work for parades or the fire works I got to use it once only because I was having some medical problems and spent over an hour in the first aid satiation and the manager that was in charge of the fast pass let me in. She was beyond great in helping me out too. But for the most part you can not use it for fire works or parades

@HopperFan Thanks for the correction -- I thought it somehow connected others through your Friends & Family on MDE. I guess I missed that all need to be present at Guest Relations when requesting the DAS. That is a change from before, then, when you only needed all present if over the standard max of 6.

The disabilities on the magicband experiencing some problems When i was there 3 to 10 May) but i can get card or paper instead. I can see all the princesses in les them 15 minutes yesterday! I Spoke very bad in english but i had fun Time with all of them :cloud9:

And i Turned 42 at Disney... My heart is young :rolleyes1

Does anyone know if everyone in your party has to physically be in gr or can I just bring the person the DAS is for (DS13) and the magic bands for the rest while DH waits outside with the little ones? Just trying to avoid crowding a party of 2 adults and 4 (often hyperactive :jumping1:) kids into GR! ;) That's how we've always worked when we get new Sorcerers cards (rather than cram everyone into the fire house).

Does anyone know if everyone in your party has to physically be in gr or can I just bring the person the DAS is for (DS13) and the magic bands for the rest while DH waits outside with the little ones? Just trying to avoid crowding a party of 2 adults and 4 (often hyperactive :jumping1:) kids into GR! ;) That's how we've always worked when we get new Sorcerers cards (rather than cram everyone into the fire house).

you can try it just have every ones magic bands with you and tell them that your other kids are out side if they need every one then at the last minute they you can go out side and get them I know GR at DHS is small and normally a cast member is out side to greet people if there is a greeter tell that person what you want to do and they should be able to say if you need every one there or not

I contacted GS yesterday via email regarding this. We also will have seven. It's the first time all my kids (including my oldest DS -30) and his fiancé will be in a Disney Park together. So will post when they reply.

Any update?

I received the "canned" response, so I have a call into them. They did not answer my question, just referred me to the website.

I received the "canned" response, so I have a call into them. They did not answer my question, just referred me to the website.
A call will probably get you the same answer (a general one).
The decision is actually made for each individual case by a supervisor/lead in Guest Relations. They will not promise anything over the phone or by email.

The only official word from Disney on the Magicband linking said the program would work as it did previously. I know from previous experience with exceptions, we were able to get 7 and 8 on DAS at WDW. I would not expect more and would not count on getting an exception with a group of friends. We had family members present with us in Guest a Relations for a special occasion both times, explained that to the CM and were definitely told it was an exception.

Just thought I'd share our experience with the new digital system. We were just in Disney from May 4th through the 13th and used the DAS for my DH. We requested it at GR in MK and it was a pretty easy process. We were all present and had to give our Magicbands to sign up. But we were told (as we knew from here) that anyone can request a return time but that DH had to ride and when we used the return time he had to be the first to scan his MB. That is the case for the first FP check but when you do it the second time in line it didn't seem to matter what order we scanned them.

The scanners seemed to be having some trouble here and there. At PP once they went through the whole process and then couldn't bring up our return time so they had me scan my band to check and it wasn't showing up (probably because the DAS is under DH's band) and so the CM just let us all ride right then. Of course later when we wanted to get another return time it showed up and they told us we already had one so I explained and they easily switched it. Another time the system was down and they weren't going to issue the return time to me without DH being there. They had little cards they wrote out when it was down. That happened twice. Once they were assuming it was issues from nearby thunderstorms. Which if that's the case I could see happening a lot in FL. It's definitely not a very quick process when the CM isn't already logged in and ready to go with it, but usually wasn't too bad. The majority of CMs seemed well trained as far as how to use it and were helpful and friendly and very apologetic when it wasn't working smoothly.

The other thing I noticed was that despite being told it would show up with our FP times it didn't always show up. I never had an issue remembering the times though as it was easy enough with only one at a time and being any time after x time given. A CM did tell me to let someone know about that though so I'll shoot someone an email.

It was our first experience using the DAS and it worked well all in all.

We got our daughter's DAS linked to our Magicbands today at Epcot.

We had brought DD's last paper DAS with us, which did speed up the process. The CM read the QR code (the square with a bunch of squiggly lines, which linked to her DAS account in the Disney computer.
Then, the CM read her Magicband to link the DAS to it - be prepared that the Magicband will need to be removed for scanning. The CM scanned it, but also looked at the number that is printed on the inside of the band.
Everyone in our group needed to remove their Magicbands to be scanned to link to DD's DAS.

The CM apparently could see that we had renewed the DAS several times previously. He told us that the system would work the same as it did with the paper DAS -
- anyone in our group could get a Return Time
- one Return Time active at a time
- DD would have to ride in order to use the DAS
- we needed to scan DD's Magicband at the attraction first in order for the system to recognize the DAS Return Time.
- the CM indicated the Return Time may or may not show up in My Disney Experience.

Getting a Return Time was problem free for us. DH did ask to take a picture of the screen after the CM had arranged it. The CM did allow it, but said they were not supposed to (I have no other knowledge, but wonder if some people have tried altering pictures or something and then claiming the system lost their Return Time.)

Using it was very simple also. We scanned DD's band, the light glowed blue and the CM looked at the screen, checked DD against her picture and then we all scanned and ours turned green. At the second scan point, all turned green.

We got our daughter's DAS linked to our Magicbands today at Epcot.

We had brought DD's last paper DAS with us, which did speed up the process. The CM read the QR code (the square with a bunch of squiggly lines, which linked to her DAS account in the Disney computer.
Then, the CM read her Magicband to link the DAS to it - be prepared that the Magicband will need to be removed for scanning. The CM scanned it, but also looked at the number that is printed on the inside of the band.
Everyone in our group needed to remove their Magicbands to be scanned to link to DD's DAS.

The CM apparently could see that we had renewed the DAS several times previously. He told us that the system would work the same as it did with the paper DAS -
- anyone in our group could get a Return Time
- one Return Time active at a time
- DD would have to ride in order to use the DAS
- we needed to scan DD's Magicband at the attraction first in order for the system to recognize the DAS Return Time.
- the CM indicated the Return Time may or may not show up in My Disney Experience.

Getting a Return Time was problem free for us. DH did ask to take a picture of the screen after the CM had arranged it. The CM did allow it, but said they were not supposed to (I have no other knowledge, but wonder if some people have tried altering pictures or something and then claiming the system lost their Return Time.)

Using it was very simple also. We scanned DD's band, the light glowed blue and the CM looked at the screen, checked DD against her picture and then we all scanned and ours turned green. At the second scan point, all turned green.

Heading down tomorrow. Wondering why it mattered about the number on the inside of the MB. We bring multiple MB with us, DS has a few limited edition, and we've always been able to swap and wear any given one on any day. Are you saying they are linking the DAS to a specific MB? or is it going into the MDE and attaching to his ticket?

Heading down tomorrow. Wondering why it mattered about the number on the inside of the MB. We bring multiple MB with us, DS has a few limited edition, and we've always been able to swap and wear any given one on any day. Are you saying they are linking the DAS to a specific MB? or is it going into the MDE and attaching to his ticket?
No.
The Magicbands are just a link to your account in Disney's computer. They don't actually have anything stored on them except the link that goes to your account. Once a Magicband is linked to your account, it stays linked until you unlink it (unless something goes wrong with it). That's why you can use multiple Magicbands with the same account.

Each of the Magicbsnds has an individual different number inside of it. All of your linked Magicbands are listed in My Disney Experience by that number. From previous discussions with CMs when we've had some Magicband issues in the past, they need to choose a specific one from the list to work with, so checking the number is more to say, 'this is the one in front of me that I am using.'
Once they apply the changes to the account, it affects the account, not just that Magicband.

No.
The Magicbands are just a link to your account in Disney's computer. They don't actually have anything stored on them except the link that goes to your account. Once a Magicband is linked to your account, it stays linked until you unlink it (unless something goes wrong with it). That's why you can use multiple Magicbands with the same account.

Each of the Magicbsnds has an individual different number inside of it. All of your linked Magicbands are listed in My Disney Experience by that number. From previous discussions with CMs when we've had some Magicband issues in the past, they need to choose a specific one from the list to work with, so checking the number is more to say, 'this is the one in front of me that I am using.'
Once they apply the changes to the account, it affects the account, not just that Magicband.

I understand about MB and MDE, we probably have 18 or more MBs. Just when you said they were looking at the number inside .... any time we have needed assistance with the MBs I have never seen them look at the number inside - they just scan the band to see what they need. Thanks, it would be a pain to keep up with one MB.

I understand about MB and MDE, we probably have 18 or more MBs. Just when you said they were looking at the number inside .... any time we have needed assistance with the MBs I have never seen them look at the number inside - they just scan the band to see what they need. Thanks, it would be a pain to keep up with one MB.
We've had some issues with Magicbands and they have always had us take them off.
They are not real obvious doing it, so guests may not notice. The reason for looking at the number is that sometimes a linking issue is with the Magicband, not with the account.

I just wanted to give people a heads up about removing the bands for linking since that might not be (as my daughter says), 'popular' with some guests.

When I got my first digital DAS earlier this month, the guest relations CM at DHS went out of her way to tell us that if we needed to add anyone to our party, we only needed to bring their Magic Bands to GR, they didn't physically need to be there. YMMV (because two CMs rarely give the same answer).

1) Getting DAS was painless with my old paper pass, new photo and all set up. She was pleasant, helped with other things and great to work with (DHS) I told her some trips it's all of us and Grands join for some "Can I still get DAS for more than 6?" Simple question and don't feel I got an answer. She basically said to ask when I bring them back? Said ride CM can not add, subtract or adjust their process in any way. Only they can set up DAS. I knew that... Lots of circles. After asked my other DS "did I get an answer?" And his take from her response was it is probably technically possible but they are told not to do it or discuss it, maybe a manager issue." I can't believe it changed so still waiting to hear success from someone.

2) Screenshot your FP each day in case ..... Each day so far the minute we get our first DAS all our FP disappears. Not showing on MDE app or site. Only DAS shows. We had to go to kiosk and take photo. But I'm an avid FP changer as I find shorter SB lines so this is huge problem for me.

DAS ran smooth for a couple days after DS spoke to FP+ suit with our issues.

Yesterday at AK DAS scanners were a problem so they gave us rider switch pass since we were only 3, they said more than that they would write a FP return time.

Today at MK for 24 Hour Party already glitch. DAS did not show up on MDE. No big until I went to change my under the Sea FP to something else since it was walk on. When I hit Under and it opened up, it opened to the DAS. So basically I just lost a FP. Ugh.

1) Getting DAS was painless with my old paper pass, new photo and all set up. She was pleasant, helped with other things and great to work with (DHS) I told her some trips it's all of us and Grands join for some "Can I still get DAS for more than 6?" Simple question and don't feel I got an answer. She basically said to ask when I bring them back? Said ride CM can not add, subtract or adjust their process in any way. Only they can set up DAS. I knew that... Lots of circles. After asked my other DS "did I get an answer?" And his take from her response was it is probably technically possible but they are told not to do it or discuss it, maybe a manager issue." I can't believe it changed so still waiting to hear success from someone.

2) Screenshot your FP each day in case ..... Each day so far the minute we get our first DAS all our FP disappears. Not showing on MDE app or site. Only DAS shows. We had to go to kiosk and take photo. But I'm an avid FP changer as I find shorter SB lines so this is huge problem for me.
it does not surprise me that you did not get an answer about whether more than 6 can be authorized for DAS.
The 'front line' Guest Relations staff were never able to do it (even under GAC), so they would not be able to tell you for sure - it was always an individual situation approved by a Lead or Supervisor.
I can they probably don't want to get into a situation where they are making it sound like it will be approved ahead of time since it actually is an 'at the time' approval.
DAS ran smooth for a couple days after DS spoke to FP+ suit with our issues.

Yesterday at AK DAS scanners were a problem so they gave us rider switch pass since we were only 3, they said more than that they would write a FP return time.

Today at MK for 24 Hour Party already glitch. DAS did not show up on MDE. No big until I went to change my under the Sea FP to something else since it was walk on. When I hit Under and it opened up, it opened to the DAS. So basically I just lost a FP. Ugh.
When we were at AK, we were told the issue is a wi-fi issue. If the CM is close enough to a building, the wi-fi signal is strong. If they are farther out, it's not and/or they start getting competition from the general guest wi-fi.

We ran into a different situation at MK the other day at Haunted Mansion. They had 3 scanners, but none would work. They thought that because it was hot, they were overheating - they are either iPhones or iPod touch in a rather large case. There are issues they are working out and our experience so far is that CMs are doing a good job of 'going with the flow' and making things work.

I would expect mor glitches (especially during the 24 hour MK day and this busy Memorial Day weekend) as they work things out.
Already, we have seen some changes to the way the DAS Return Times show up in MDE and I would expect more as they make refinements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter