WDW CP: Anyone turn down offer then try again?

Andrew015

WL Guru
During my sophomore year of college, I saw that the WDW CP was coming to my school to recruit. Having always wanted to do the CP, I naturally went to the informational meeting and figured it couldn't hurt to go through the interview process. Some weeks later, I got my acceptance letter for a merchandising role. However, a death in the family, along with some problems from my school allowing transfer credits, put the ca-bash on my CP experience, and I wasn't able to attend. My question is this: has anyone who was accepted and turned down their offer re-applied to the CP and been accepted a second time? I'm thinking about trying my luck again for the semester after I graduate. However, I'm a little worried that I might not be accepted again because I already had to turn them down. Should this be a problem? It's my understanding if I interview while I'm a senior, I can do the CP after graduating. This would be ideal for me, as I wouldn't have to skip a semester of school and I still get my chance to work for WDW. Any comments?

If you gave the courtesy of a response, saying that you weren't coming, then there probably wouldn't be any problem with re-applying. If you didn't respond, or if you responded that you'd do it, then didn't show up, that could be a bit of a problem.

I applied last spring semester for this fall, but unfortunately my schedule did not permit me to go. I turned them down and heard directly from the recruiting person that turning them down will have no effect on whether you get accepted again or not. Now, if you didn't turn it down and didn't show up, it's my understanding that you're still not out of the running, but you are most likely last pick. I am hoping to apply fall 06 for spring 07 after I graduate. Good Luck!

I was wondering the same thing. I applied and got accepted my freshman year of college but because of things that happened I wasn't able to accept. I did not know that you could go down the semester after you graduate. That's so cool!! It's so hard to miss a semester of college once you get into your major. I didn't think I would be able to work at Disney, but this might give me the opportunity.

One of my roommates on the CP turned down one semester and the next semester he reapplied and was accepted.

Jungle Josh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter