WDW breakfast on embarkation day

FloridaFun83

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if it would be doable to book a breakfast on the monorail line on cruise embarkation day if staying at CR. I was thinking 1900 Park Fare but not sure if this would be an issue with time, would be taking DCL transfer to PC. Could do Chef Mickey but have not been to 1900 PF yet.

Thanks!

If you truly have your heart set on PF I think you might be ok if you can get a reservation for right when they start serving at 8. Get there at 7:45 and you will probably be done by 9 with pickup being sometime between 10-11. We stayed at GF in August and went to park fare breakfast reservation was at8:20 but they let us in right when they opened. We were done by 9 and hung out at the room afterwards. It was a lovely way to start our cruise! If you’re the type of person who worries about travel being late I would stick with the resort your staying at. Have fun!

I wouldn’t go to GF personally, simply because I would be checking my watch during the entire meal and not enjoy it. The monorail being as reliable as it is, I wouldn’t dare go on it on the morning of a cruise.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it would be doable to book a breakfast on the monorail line on cruise embarkation day if staying at CR. I was thinking 1900 Park Fare but not sure if this would be an issue with time, would be taking DCL transfer to PC. Could do Chef Mickey but have not been to 1900 PF yet.

Thanks!
We’ve done 1900 and chef Mickey’s before cruises and had no problems, if you’re taking DCL transportation it’s late morning anyway. Book it and enjoy a great start to your cruise!

We have done this on embarkation day for all four of our cruises. We just make sure we have the earliest PPO time and choose a restaurant where we’re staying or somewhere close (say chef Mickey if we’re staying at the poly or once we did beach club character breakfast when we stayed at BW). The 1900PF is one of our breakfast favorites. For reference, we do this even with a 9:30am Minnie van pickup to the port with 3 small kids.

Breakfast on embarkation day = YES ::yes::
BIG Breakfast or Buffet on embarkation day = NO!! :sad2:

With your pick up being in the 10am to 11am window and Disney usually wanting you there 15-30 minutes early, eating in a different resort MIGHT cause you some stress.

I would say that you need to make sure you're going to be back at your room by no later than 10 am to get your hand luggage as you won't know until about 7 pm the night prior what time you'll be picked up and they want you there in advance of that. We were staying at GF one year and I had booked breakfast for about 9:00 am at GF Cafe on the assumption we'd be picked up at 11-12. Just because I'm an OCD clock watcher, I decided the afternoon prior to move that to 7:30 am. Found out later that day we were being picked up at 10:30 am. I'm sure we would have made it especially since we were eating at the same resort but I like a leisurely breakfast and I don't like to feel rushed or panicked. I'd rather spend the extra time in my room watching TV with plenty of time to check all of the nooks and cranies to make sure I've not left anything behind and lots of time to go down, check in and be ready for the bus. And I simply don't trust the monorail transportation enough to rely on it to get me back in time.

Breakfast on embarkation day = YES ::yes::
BIG Breakfast or Buffet on embarkation day = NO!! :sad2:

With your pick up being in the 10am to 11am window and Disney usually wanting you there 15-30 minutes early, eating in a different resort MIGHT cause you some stress.
I agree. Besides timing, there’s plenty of food once onboard. Usually we would have character breakfast on the morning that we are flying back home. For a cruise, we would have something light for breakfast, saving the appetite for the embarkation lunch.

Just to be clear, you will not know your pick-up window until the night before. It could be in the 10-11 range or it could be 11-12:30.

Thanks for this post. We changed our embarkation day breakfast to a bit earlier. Staying at the Poly and having leisurely breakfast at Kona Cafe. Now we won’t feel the need to rush. May 2020 can’t come soon enough!!☀️☀️

Thanks for this post. We changed our embarkation day breakfast to a bit earlier. Staying at the Poly and having leisurely breakfast at Kona Cafe. Now we won’t feel the need to rush. May 2020 can’t come soon enough!!☀☀

This sounds perfect! Love the Kona!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter