• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WCC or Boma?

Dennyha

DIS Veteran
We have a quick stop off at WDW in early July. It's DW, DS20, and DD18, and me. So far, I've made ADR's for Boma (Friday evening), H&V (Sat. eve. for Fantasmic package), and San Angel (Sunday afternoon). We're trying to decide if we should change the Boma res. to one at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Looking at pictures of the food, and reading about the rest., it sounds interesting.

What you do think? Boma.... or WCC?

Is that your final answer?

I was at WDW in Dec with my DH, DD 20 & DD 17. We all preferred Boma. WCC, I think, depends very much on your server and seating location. We were in the red-headed stepchild section and got very poor service and no interaction. We were all quite disappointed as we'd seen WCC on the travel channel and read about it on the Dis. Others have had really nice experiences, we just didn't. The food was so-so. Not bad, not great.
We went to Boma twice in Dec and found the servers to be quite friendly and helpful, a very nice selection on the buffet lines or pods or whatever they call them. Excellent desserts. We are planning to go to Boma again on our upcoming trip, we aren't going to WCC again. (In fact we found the staff at AKL to be among the friendliest of our entire trip in Dec)
This is just our experience, I would go where you like the menu choices....

Yes, That is my final answer.... :teeth:

I totally agree with Wasabi Girl. We did both in August and have done Boma for every trip to WDW, and we are never disappointed with Boma,. WCC on the other hand is very loud... loud just for the sake of being loud, our server wasn't the best for the fun/crazy stuff that we were hoping for and the food (the dinner skillet) was on the edge of being yucky. WCC was actually our most disappointing meal of our whole trip last August.

Wow your making me want to switch me resies from WCC to Boma (could not fit both in). I thought my DS and DD would like WCC since we are staying at Poly it is closer. But Boma sound so great and I want to see AKL. My DH wants to go visit WL since that's his favorite, but we have stayed there before. Also we are eating at Akershus and I think that's all the exotic we can take for the week. WCC is loud though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter