Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *Updated 9/7

amazingact21

Upendi
I hate that, when you think of something good like that when it is too late. Sannaa lounge, I might need to try and remember that for our adults only trip. I dream about that bread service!
Forgetting about the lounge was what actually prompted me to go back to my PTR and re-read everyone's suggestions. Had I done that from the beginning I would've have remembered it soon enough!

I have adult plans for this too but I' m afraid I won't be able to stay up that late either.
When you're used to getting up early, it's hard to just stop and switch gears! Hopefully you'll last later than we did. :rotfl2:

Ah- I love the toasting picture at the end of your post! So happy that you got that time away together.
Definitely an occasion worth toasting! Fingers crossed it doesn't take us another five years to get an adults-only trip again. :laughing:

amazingact21

Upendi
Yum! That looks delicious! I must finally check out Sprinkles in December.
I think the great thing about Sprinkles is that you could bring the cupcakes back to your resort and snack on them at a later time if you wanted.

Very glad you had a nice evening together, enjoying the beauty of AKL!
I don't think I'll ever get tired of being at AKL; it's just so beautiful.

Isn't DS the best! I love Sprinkles and make a point to hit it up almost every trip...
I think Sprinkles might have to be a new go-to for us, as well! I love truffles and ice cream, but sometimes those can be really heavy. These cupcakes are a lighter dessert option.

I have a very on and off relationship with that game!

Such a fun night at Disney Springs and the resort! I really want to stay at AKL one day, it sounds so amazing.

What a sweet note from Landon ❤
I figure if I only have one phone game that I resort to when I'm trying to burn time then I'm all right. Everyone's allowed one mindless entertainment outlet, right? :rotfl2:

Staying at AKL is an experience in and of itself. I feel like it's only one of a handful of resorts that I could stay at and not need park tickets while I'm there.

• amazingact21

Upendi
    I have a not-at-all-mild obsession with that game!
    I figured I'm allowed one phone game to zone out to. And at least this one isn't bad if the kids walk up and watch me play. Even when my oldest says things like, "That's not a very high score, Mom." :rolleyes2 :rotfl:

Oo I'm not a huge beer drinker but I would like to try it now.
    I'm not really a beer drinker, either, so that probably speaks even higher for this drink. I will really only go out of my way to drink this one and the Big Wave from the Kona Brewing Company.

Nothing wrong with heading back to the resort! Especially when there's zebra domes to be had :)

Aww what a sweet note from Landon!

It sounds like it was a great first adults only day!
    You make a good case with the zebra domes. When you're at Disney, you've got to make time for all those special treats you can't get at home.

That cupcake looks so good! It's always nice when an expensive cupcake lives up to its hype.
    Very true! I was a little hesitant about spending four dollars on a single cupcake, but it turned out to be worth every penny. (And cupcakes aren't usually my thing.)

amazingact21

Upendi
    Meh, your college age self didn't understand the sheet exhaustion involved in keeping tiny humans alive.

I think it sounds like a lovely night that balanced fun time out with your spouse AND a good night's sleep.
    Good point. Someone at work recently told Alex, "I don't like how tired you always look."
    And his response was: "I have kids. This is just my face now." :rotfl2:

What a wonderful first day and finding Landon’s note was the perfect ending :love:
    Landon was very sweet to leave me a little note. He wouldn't admit it, but I think he was a little nervous about me going away. Beforehand, he kept saying, "two more days, one more day, half a day." Dad being gone was no big deal, but me going was a little intimidating.

Terra Nova guy

DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada
    Hey Alicia! Well, somewhere in the mix of too much work and summer vacation, I missed that you had started a trip report. But I found it and am caught up now. I'm looking forward to reading about it. My family used to do longer trips to Florida too, the longest being 18 days with 10 at WDW, so it will be interesting to see how it went for you. I had to laugh at your experience of being on a trip without kids. I don't think that's happened to my wife and I since our honeymoon. One of these days we'll get to do that again!

• luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Landon was very sweet to leave me a little note. He wouldn't admit it, but I think he was a little nervous about me going away. Beforehand, he kept saying, "two more days, one more day, half a day." Dad being gone was no big deal, but me going was a little intimidating.
    Landon is a wee dote :love: Bet you got a hug or 2 when you met up again!

rdkeim

DIS Veteran
    I'd say it was a good first day! I think you made the right decision to call it a night and head back to your resort. When paying the price for a deluxe, it makes sense to sometimes just enjoy spending time there. I sense foreshadowing on eating issues. As I get older, I find I'm better off trying to eat my normal diet when traveling but that isn't always easy (or fun). What a sweet note :love: I still have notes from my boys and they're in their 30's.

afwdwfan

DIS Dad #460
    I got to pick and went with the dark chocolate with sprinkles. (We were at a bakery called Sprinkles- of course we had to get one with sprinkles!)
    Well, it only seems logical.
    The two of us took our cupcake out to the back porch and ate it, both of us very surprised at how good the item turned out to be. In my notes, I wrote:
    “THIS IS A FOUR DOLLAR CUPCAKE.”
    Sounds like a great bargain... as opposed to 8 dollar cupcake that they sell in the parks.
    I saw this and had to recognize my mild obsession with a phone game:
    Wow... I guess there actually is a Disney phone game I haven't seen/played yet.
    My college-aged self would have been mortified. Not even thirty years old and too tired for drinks and live entertainment.
    You're a parent. It happens. Faster than we'd care to admit.
    Let’s just say, changing your eating habits on vacation is a horrible idea.
    ::yes:: But often too unavoidable.
    So there you have it, two people’s recommendation for this drink. You can get it inside the DAK park, but I think I would go so far as to drive to Animal Kingdom Lodge and grab a bottle to enjoy while sitting at an animal lookout location.
    New resort relaxation goal!
    Hmm... thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look for it next time.
    Sweet Landon! Being the parent who is around him the most, I tend not to get as many affectionate notes or letters. Alex has a slew from deployments and work trips, but I just have the standard Mother’s Day cards. But now I’ve got this little gem. A sweet reminder that my kiddos do love their Mama. What else could a mom ask for?
    Awww... that's a great way to cap off the day!

Cloe Colton

DIS Veteran
    What an awesome evening! I feel your pain on the whole going back to the resort. But sometimes when you've paid that money, a chill night is more fun than staying out!

DH loves the Tusker beer too. He's always on the lookout for it lol

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates