Way Early...But Anyone Else?

Raine88

Earning My Ears
Curious to see how many other DIS'ers will be at DLR for New Years Eve this year? Yeah...crazy I know, but we'll be there just the same and i'm already beyond excited. So i figure other people must already be excited for it too, right? lol. Our plan is looking like:

Driving in from Tucson on the 28th, checking into our hotel (hojo), if weather permits we will swim, then do DTD a bit and have dinner, get to bed early.

29th, get up as early as we can and get to the park. Spending the day in DL.

30th, same start. going to try to get the Holiday Tour. Taking things a little slower, just taking in the atmosphere, more relaxed, etc. spending the day in DL again.

31st, maybe a slightly later start, spending the day in DCA so we can have a slightly more "adult" new years, and hopefully avoid *some* of the masses.

We're heading home first thing in the AM on the 1st. Anyone else that is going, what's your plan looking like? It would be cool if we could have a little DIS New Years party-type thing, dontchathink? Even if we just all met up at one of the "dance parties" in DCA.

LOL, sorry, im just soooo thrilled right now! Seeing either of the disney parks at xmas time is a lifelong dream of mine, and I can't believe it's actually going to happen!:yay:

I know where you are coming from. When I returned from a December 2007 trip, I was already planning for my December 2008 trip!! I was that excited - I couldn't wait!! It's only finances that hold me back. If I had enough $$$ right now, I would already have my DLR dates picked for December and my hotel reservations made and paid for, and I would already be formulating some sort of an agenda for the trip.

DLR at Christmastime won't disappoint!:santa: As you saw/see from our Disney at Christmas superthread, you have a lot to look forward to - and probably even more than what we've shown in photos so far because, most likely, DLR will add in a couple of new little things here and there for the holidays this year. The only things you will miss out on will be Santa (he leaves as soon as 12/25 passes) and maybe the Christmas carolers (sometimes they hang around for a few extra days past Christmas but I'm thinking they might be gone by when you get there). Otherwise, it will be non-stop holiday magic and merriment!:santa:

You know, if you said you were only going to be at DLR on New Year's Eve Day, I would think that you were in for some enormous crowds and may get very little accomplished. And it will be crowded, most definitely - the crowds always pick up right after Christmas is over, when people get gift money to spend at DLR - but you will be there for several days - 3 full days in the parks if you want it that way (12/29, 12/30 and 12/31) as well as a good chunk of 12/28 to spend in DTD (you could also use that time on the evening of the 28th to mosey over to the GCH and take in the wonderful holiday atmosphere in the lobby, take in the sights at the DLH, grab some cocoa and a gingerbread man with Mickey ears cookie at Marceline's Confectionery, etc.). So you should be able to get everything done. It will be a wonderful, magical trip!!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter