Waterpark solo

frenchieSteven

Mouseketeer
Hello friends.
I start my solo trip in 10 days and I plan to try the waterparks. Never done them before.
And so I have a question to know how you do in solo with the things you bring with you (I'll probably have a backpack)? Do they have lockers? For free?
Are towels included?
And any other advice you can think of for a first timer there

You are in luck, since I just came back from a solo trip to the water parks(Blizzard Beach) just three weeks ago. I had too much stuff and ended up having to rent two lockers, which wasn't cheap. The small ones run about $12 for the day I think. Bring your own towel if you don't want to rent one. Just enjoy yourself and have fun. As long as you don't do anything foolish, you will be fine. People are friendly, especially on the lazy river. Grab one of those $5 double walled waterproof pouches to put your cell phone, debit/credit card or cash(if you don't have room charging set up to your magic band(if you have one.....I suggest it)), and ticket in. Most department stores have them in the travel or sporting goods sections. Referred to as a waterproof or water resistant smartphone case, but make sure it has the two closures....keeps your phone dry that way. Don't bother with the paper maps, just use the boards throughout the parks. Also, you may want to consider a rash guard or t-shirt and definitely get some cheap water shoes(I have Speedo Surfwalker Pro 3.0s, but any work). Generally, you won't have to remove glasses or shoes, but a few rides have them. The pouch I mentioned tucks easily into a shirt or rash guard, though I saw one guy wearing one(it has a lanyard) and no shirt. Also, the parakito wrist bands work wonders if you attract mosquitos. That's all I can think of for now.

Thank you very much for all this.
I will probably use room charging but I will look at a pooch for the phone, I thought to put everything in the locker at first but I might want to take some pictures.
And put a towel in my suitcase.

Thank you very much for all this.
I will probably use room charging but I will look at a pooch for the phone, I thought to put everything in the locker at first but I might want to take some pictures.
And put a towel in my suitcase.

Just what I learned from my visit. There are no PhotoPass photographers at the water parks.

The water-proof pouch is a good idea. I rented a small locker last time, but really wasn't worried about anything other than my phone. The locker is very small, so my backpack wouldn't fit, but a smaller string sackpack was able to go in there along with shoes, clothing, and towel.

If I didn't want to pay for a locker next time, here's what I would bring:

Wear at all times:
1. Magic Band (if staying onsite)
2. Board shorts with secure pocket

Inside the board shorts, for backup:
1. Plastic ticket or annual passport
2. An ID card
3. A credit card
4. A $20 bill

Stuff to just leave on an unattended chair -- as long as it's not vacation ruining if they get lost/stolen:
1. Towel*
2. T-shirt
3. Sunscreen bottle
4. Flip Flops

*Towels can be rented for $2.00, which I initially balked at... but figured it was worth it not to have to worry about carrying around a wet towel for the rest of the afternoon. Even more worth it if you're not planning to stop at your hotel or car before heading to the next activity.

Last edited:
There are no PhotoPass photographers at the water parks.
There are Photopass Photographers at the water parks. We've been photographed by them coming down Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach, and Crush 'N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon. Perhaps they're only there in summer, but we were photographed by them in both summer of 2015 and summer of 2016.

There are Photopass Photographers at the water parks. We've been photographed by them coming down Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach, and Crush 'N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon. Perhaps they're only there in summer, but we were photographed by them in both summer of 2015 and summer of 2016.

I was there a few weeks ago and didn't see any so you may be right.

Thank you all. I'm going to buy all I need this weekend. Definitely a pouch, probably a board short too. Sunscreen too but that was on my general list for the rest of the trip anyway :)

Thank you all. I'm going to buy all I need this weekend. Definitely a pouch, probably a board short too. Sunscreen too but that was on my general list for the rest of the trip anyway :)

I will add a link to the type of pouch I am referring to, as a reference. A rashguard or surf tee wouldn't hurt either, but isn't necessary. They hold in a lot of water after you are done, but they also help hold the pouch to your body as you go down the faster slides. The item below isn't exactly what I have, but is similar. It's big enough to hold your phone, ticket, and a debit or credit card. Everything you need for the day really.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-M...&sr=1-31&keywords=waterproof+smartphone+pouch

Btw.: You won't be able to do 2 of the 3 Crush'n Gusher slides at Thypoon Lagoon if you are alone. Gangplank falls can't be ridden alone as well but usually it's easy to find a party over there that let's you ride with them.

Btw.: You won't be able to do 2 of the 3 Crush'n Gusher slides at Thypoon Lagoon if you are alone. Gangplank falls can't be ridden alone as well but usually it's easy to find a party over there that let's you ride with them.

Or find people on here to hang out with if you have enough time. Good to know that about Typhoon Lagoon though, as I also enjoy the Disney Water Parks. I believe Blizzard Beach has just a couple of slides you can't do solo.

I'm headed there for the first time soon, solo as well. I heard that if you don't want to rent a locker, you can bring a bag and a combination lock and lock your bag onto your lounge chair.

I'm headed there for the first time soon, solo as well. I heard that if you don't want to rent a locker, you can bring a bag and a combination lock and lock your bag onto your lounge chair.

There is a brand of bag made specifically for that, but the cost of the locker isn't too bad for the day and you can get into it as often as you like until you end the rental. I think the small ones are $10-$12 for the day. Those hold a 35 litre backpack so plenty of room.

Hello all.
It went well for me as solo, I bought a pouch and put my phone my annual pass and some cash in it, I rented a small locker at 10$ (paid with my magic band) and left in it my shoes and t-shirt and a towel that I brought from my hotel room. But after taking pictures around the park I decided to even let my pouch in the locker.

19366602_10155049502079900_4145844669513876178_n.jpg

Hello all.
It went well for me as solo, I bought a pouch and put my phone my annual pass and some cash in it, I rented a small locker at 10$ (paid with my magic band) and left in it my shoes and t-shirt and a towel that I brought from my hotel room. But after taking pictures around the park I decided to even let my pouch in the locker.

In my case, I had to carry my phone and debit card since I was staying off property, but the pouches do come in handy for the few things you do need. I just stuck mine under my rashie(I wore a surf tee in the park....personal preference, plus I am not supposed to really get too much direct sunlight medically).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!