Waterpark or Mini Golf with Young Kids

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disneyworld the beginning of May for a week. It will be me, DH, DD (4) and DS (almost 2). We are staying at French Quarter.

Our tickets include a complimentary visit to a water park or complimentary round of mini golf for everybody. I haven't done either before and I'm curious what people think with the age children we have. We are planning a non park day regardless so we thought we would try to take advantage of one of the offers on that day.

Obviously the water park visit is a better valued offer moneywise, but will it be too much of a hassle for kids that age? Which waterpark is better for younger children? Is mini golf a better choice until the kids are older? Should we just skip both and focus on Disney Springs that day?

Thanks for any input and opinions.

I’d choose the water park over mini golf. Mini golf is cute theming ... but they are so little. it ll be warm, it can get boring fast and if ur little ones get frustrated easily ...and what little one doesn’t , I’d skip it.

Both water parks are such an experience. Others will chime in on which is better for ur little ones/family. Bring water shoes , ur fav snacks and enjoy some relaxing time. Fun eats there too.
Whether ur there 2-3 hours or perhaps longer, they are bound to enjoy the water and splash time.
Disney springs imho is an outdoor mall.. some cute things for the kiddos but it’s really about shopping and eating.
Rainforest cafe is there of course and that can be fun but also Scary, perhaps YouTube it to see what it’s like ( there’s also the dinosaur oneT Rex) a bit scarier. I’d not waste vacation time there personally.
Whatever you choose.. enjoy!

I would do a water park. Mini-golf with kids that age is next to impossible, IMHO. I think they would probably have more fun splashing around. Blizzard Beach has a nice, enclosed toddler area with loungers. Typhoon Lagoon also has toddler friendly slides. If you like ice cream, Typhoon Lagoon has a giant, shareable sundae at their ice cream kiosk that my DS got a kick out of the last time we went.

My kids didn't really enjoy mini-golf at that age. My son's three and still gets really frustrated with it. Also, it doesn't take all that long to get through a course, whereas you can spend as much time as you want at the water park. DS at 2 loved both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. We went to each twice. I think he may have preferred TL just a tad more, but honestly they are both great options. They both have kiddie areas with little structures with tunnels and slides, a little tube river slide just for little ones, etc. Go with whichever theming appeals to you more.

My kids are 4 1/2 (boy) and almost 2 (girl). There are few things they both enjoy, but water parks are a huge hit with them both. Mini golf with them would be awful. Lol.

Blizzard Beach definitely has more for the under 5 crowd.

Without question, I would do a water park. Then again, I'm not a golf person, so there's that.

Both water parks have great options for young kids, you won't go wrong either way.

Thanks everyone!! I think we will venture to a water park for at least a couple hours and see how it goes. Now just to choose which one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter