Water Taxi from Old Key West to Disney Springs?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
How much time should we allow for the water taxi to Disney Springs from OKW? Are the water taxis fairly regular on pickups and drop offs from OKW? Where is the drop spot in DS? We want to spend the afternoon in Disney Springs but need to be back for an ADR at 7:30. We will have a car and can drive to DS if it would fit our time table better but would like to experience the water taxi if we can. We have only been across Bay Lake on water taxis in the past.

We want to visit Ghiradelli and do some shopping on the far end of DS, how much of a walk will have from the water taxi dock compared to the parking garage if we drive?

They are on similar schedules like buses. Usually every 20 minutes there will be one. Takes about 10 minutes to get to DS from OKW. It goes to the Landing boat dock at DS right next to the Hangar bar and Boathouse. So the most it will take is 30 minutes if you just miss the boat and about 15 if you catch it just as it arrives.

I highly recommend taking the boat, you get to see parts of WDW you don't normally see. Of course I'm partial to boats. ;)

The boats from OKW/SSR drop you at the dock by Jock Lindsey’s. In general the ride is 20 min, and the boats come every 15 in my experience.
Parking at DS and distance depends on what garage you can get into. They do fill, or become limited, at times.
Of the two, I prefer the boat.
https://www.disneysprings.com/visit/

I highly recommend taking the boat, you get to see parts of WDW you don't normally see. Of course I'm partial to boats. ;)
We are too! The boat ride to Magic Kingdom is one reason why we love staying at Wilderness! The ADR was one we were lucky enough to find on a cancellation so now that we are on a time schedule I wanted to be sure we had enough time.
About how far is the walk from the boat drop off to Earl of Sandwich at the far end just to give me an idea on what time we need to leave by to be back for dinner!

Hi I did a quick Bing Map search and it says about 6 minutes to get from the Jock Lindsey's to Earl of Sandwich. Not too far.

The boats start around 10 am, then every 20 minutes, they will not run if the weather is bad, i.e. lightning. There is bus service so you can get back if a storm blows in. Depending on your room location it could be a 10+ minute walk to the dock at OKW, all park buses will stop at the Conch Flats stop before leaving for the parks. Parking near the Dock area is very limited.

We stayed at OKW recently and utilized the boat to DS a few times. In our experience, we didn't wait long at OKW, but we waited up to 30 min for a boat from DS to OKW. The issue was that they were loading other boats (to SSR) first and we had to wait. Wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't have my 5 month old daughter with us and it was getting close to her bedtime!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter