Water shoes at the water parks

jsgrant5

Mouseketeer
I have never been to the water parks but I assume the cement gets quite hot as you are walking around. Do most people wear the ugly water shoes or do you use flip flops? If you use flip flops what do you do with them when you are on a ride? We will be there in September this year.

I have never been to the water parks but I assume the cement gets quite hot as you are walking around. Do most people wear the ugly water shoes or do you use flip flops? If you use flip flops what do you do with them when you are on a ride? We will be there in September this year.
I haven't found them necessary to protect my feet at the Disney water parks the times we've been in July. When I have used them & had to take them off for a ride, I held them in my hands.

I usually wear them but forgot to pack them this trip. I prefer to wear them. On some of the slides they will have you take them off and hold them during the ride.

We were there last August. We wore our flip flops and just left them outside of each water ride. Didn't notice rough bottoms in the pools while barefoot.

We'll be wearing our water shoes this trip at the water parks. Anywhere with shade or wet spots won't be too hot but I would gag if I didn't wear something into the bathrooms. Sometimes my flops get slippery when wet underneath so the water shoes are safer. I did find cute ones before our last vacation in Grand Cayman and they're great, bringing those ones.
https://www.amazon.com/Aleader-Wome...011&psd=1&keywords=water+shoes+for+women&th=1

Took them with us in June but we all ended up leaving them with our stuff. I didn't like wearing them and I didn't find the cement too hot or rough.

we prefer & wear the water shoes that don't slip off easily for the rides & walking around. Leave off for TL wave pool, but probably wouldn't lose them if they were worn. I see a lot of people with flip flops who take them off and carry right before getting on rides. There are some sprinklers for the ground and many of the walking areas such as bridges are wood and more forgiving or shaded. But I do remember walking barefoot, being really hot for stretches, and rushing to those sprinklers.

DS and I wear them for numerous reasons. But if you don't want to ... then don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter