Water Shoes at Discovery Cove

MaryJ

<font color=660099>Believes in Tag Gremlins, not T
Does anyone know if you need to wear water shoes for the Dolphin Swim and/or snorkeling at Discovery Cove? Or would water sandals (Teva, Nike Straprunners, etc.) work just as well? We will be going this summer, and if we need water shoes, we'll need to get some before we go. We all have water sandals however. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has knowledge about this.

When we went we didn't use them (two adults)

I just hate the squishy feel, and well, not fond of them to begin with.

Some say do, wear them, but the only place we had to be careful was the coral area.. we never got scratched or felt sharp..

I guess if you usually wear them, wearing them would be ok.

We're used to the New Jersey shore, so anything else is a breeze in comparison.

You need them in the tropical reef because the rocks have sharp edges, it's just a good idea. A few people have cut themselves on the rocks.
Goto Walmart or Target and get the rubber shoes with a mesh net on top. They're cheap, like $10. Your sandals may work if they stay on in water, but the rubber ones give more protection to the side of your foot.
You don't need them for the dolphin swim or lazy river. But it's a good idea to wear them when walking around because the walkways are rock with hot sand on top of them. Your feet will wear out if you're not used to that kind of stuff.

I am going to have to buy water shoes when I get to Orlando. Can anyone tell me where Walmart or Target is? Or can I get something at any of the outlet centers?

Let's see...

There's a Wal-Mart in Kissimmee down I-192 near Medieval Times. You can also find one in Orlando at the corner of John Young Parkway and Sand Lake Road.

As for Targets, there's one down on Sand Lake Road past the Florida Mall. Well, may be able to find water shoes at the Florida Mall. :)

You can also go up International Drive and go to Belz Factor Outlets. International Drive has numerous t-shirt shops that may have what you're looking for.

That was the one and only way I saved any money on my October trip:)

We have never worn those shoes before but was advised they'd be good to take to DC.They were actually invaluable there.I bought ours at Wal Mart and they were more than half the price of the ones at sale in DC. They're that cheap at Wal Mart even if you only wore them once and threw them away it would still be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter