Water Rides & Lockers

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
In reading online it appears that US/IOA has lockers for use for wet rides. A couple of questions...

1 - are they mandatory?
2 - are they safe to use? meaning; is there any way for other guests to steal your stuff?
3 - are they keys, combos, monitored by TMs with assigned numbers, etc?

They have lockers for almost every ride at US/IOA. They are mandatory. If they see you with a loose article they will usually tell you to put it in a locker. They are pretty safe. You need to use your thumbprint to access it.

For wet rides, I don't think the lockers are mandatory, though if you have something large, I don't think they'd let you take it on the water rides. I feel safe leaving my things in the lockers. Fingerprint, and there are TMS around if you need help. I feel the lockers are safe, in general. Only way another can get your stuff is to tell the TM you can't access your locker, and point to a locker that's not yours. TM's try to make you verify the items are yours, so I would not be concerned about my stuff in the locker not being safe.

Have fun, all three rides can get you very very wet.

I read that they have a 1-hr max before you have to pay. So, if you use their lockers and the wait time and ride time exceeds that, are you required to pay to open your locker?

The lockers for the water rides are NOT mandatory, and you CAN bring big items on.... for Ripsaw Falls you end up just holding things on your lap, and for Bilge Rat Barges you stow big items in the covered compartment in the middle of the raft. The water ride lockers have a combination that you set yourself... no fingerprint for those.

They have lockers for almost every ride at US/IOA. They are mandatory. If they see you with a loose article they will usually tell you to put it in a locker. They are pretty safe. You need to use your thumbprint to access it.

Water rides don't have mandatory lockers. It's only the 3 big coasters that don't allow you anything on the rides. RRR, Hulk and Dragon Challenge.

I read that they have a 1-hr max before you have to pay. So, if you use their lockers and the wait time and ride time exceeds that, are you required to pay to open your locker?

That's true for ride lockers. Free while you ride, but water ride lockers have a charge regardless of how long you are.

The lockers for the water rides are NOT mandatory, and you CAN bring big items on.... for Ripsaw Falls you end up just holding things on your lap, and for Bilge Rat Barges you stow big items in the covered compartment in the middle of the raft. The water ride lockers have a combination that you set yourself... no fingerprint for those.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

It is possible to keep a bag dry without having to pay for a locker on a water ride. We wrapped our bag in a poncho (well wrapped) and stored it with us on the rides (center console for Barges and up front off of the floor on Ripsaw.

Water rides don't have mandatory lockers. It's only the 3 big coasters that don't allow you anything on the rides. RRR, Hulk and Dragon Challenge.

That's true for ride lockers. Free while you ride, but water ride lockers have a charge regardless of how long you are.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Well I have been screwed because every time I'm on they tell me to put my stuff away! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter