Water refill stations?

Pretty much anywhere that sells drinks will give you water (assuming there’s a fountain/faucet - some of the carts only have bottled beverages).

There are a couple of water bottle refil stations (i know there are some in the standby lines of the Pandora attractions), but mostly you will be using water fountains or asking for cups of ice water at fountain soda locations.

Anywhere that has FOUNTAIN dispensers. You can't go up to the standalone carts and get free water.

Also apparently you don't have to wait in line for it either. I found that out the hard way at Cosmic Rays where I waited in a line for nearly 20 minutes and when I got to the CM and just asked for 3 cups of water she was "Oh honey, you didn't have to wait in line for that, you could just go up to the counter and they'll give you some." She felt so bad for me she told them to give me a free dessert for my troubles. I guess I'm just too polite in that I'll wait in a line and not just go to the counter and give people the impression I'm cutting the entire line.

It is mostly drinking fountains that are unfiltered or bathroom sinks with the same nasty water. QS places won't refill your bottle. You'll be handed a very small cup of ice water.

You'd think a theme park that's right in the middle of a state that gets extremely hot and humid in the summer would have a more efficient way of keeping its paying customers from passing out due to dehydration! I mean, that's kinda dangerous...

You'd think a theme park that's right in the middle of a state that gets extremely hot and humid in the summer would have a more efficient way of keeping its paying customers from passing out due to dehydration! I mean, that's kinda dangerous...
I'm confused. They won't fill your personal bottle for sanitary reasons. That's pretty standard, not sure what's dangerous about that. If you want the free water in a larger cup, just ask, the CMs are happy to do that. The free water is also unlimited, so I don't see a problem.

QS places won't refill your bottle. You'll be handed a very small cup of ice water.

Pretty sure the cup size is a location by location decision. While I've gotten small (smaller than the normal small fountain drink) at Cafe Tangierine, I've also gotten full sized large waters at other locations (without asking for a large).

:confused3 They DO offer FREE water, it is plentiful and easy to get so .... no efficiency problem. You have water fountains that are plentiful. Many don't care about taste or temp and many use water bottles with filters. You have restaurants that you can walk in at any time and get FREE ice water in cups. In some of the longer hotter lines at times they might have water dispensers with small cups. They offer ample options for guests to hydrate for free. If someone passes out that is totally on them!!

Pretty sure the cup size is a location by location decision. While I've gotten small (smaller than the normal small fountain drink) at Cafe Tangierine, I've also gotten full sized large waters at other locations (without asking for a large).

And I've asked for large and they would only give small. It just seems to vary, probably just each locations operational plan. I just go with the flow and ask for an extra cup if need be. Nice enough to get free filtered ICE water.

Last edited:
Disney does a terrific job of offering free ice water at all CS (that have dispensers).
There's no reason for anyone to dehydrate there! We hate lugging water bottles and never do.
There are water fountains everywhere, but we will not use those for sanitary reasons, also taste of water.

Sometimes there is a water dispenser on the right at Gastons tavern. You can fill your own bottle there. I’ve also seen dispensers at Hollywood Studios outside Prime Time and Hollywood & Vine. I prefer filling the bottle directly and not wasting a cup, but sometimes in the summer I can’t find any fountains with cold water.

The Electric Umbrella in Epcot and the Backlot Express in DHS both have their soda dispensers out in the open area, and you can get water and ice there easily. I can't think of any counter service places in MK or AK that have them out like that.

The Electric Umbrella in Epcot and the Backlot Express in DHS both have their soda dispensers out in the open area, and you can get water and ice there easily. I can't think of any counter service places in MK or AK that have them out like that.

AK is Restaurantasaurus, and MK is BOG so not available to anyone but diners.

You could probably do easy at Sunshine Seasons but I personally would tell cashier what I am doing before heading over there.

I forgot about Sunshine Seasons. We've refilled water bottles there often. We just go in the end near Soarin' and fill our water bottles and go out the same way. We know we're only getting water, and no one has ever said anything.

I just found out today that Sunshine Seasons lets you get your own water and ice from their dispensers, which are out in the open too.

Ghirardelli's in DS has a selfserve ice water, can't remember exactly where but you can go in the exit and it's right there, near the napkins.

Are there places to refill our water bottles in the parks?

Thanks for your help

Starbucks is a good place. Most of the time, they have water out on the counter by cups. People can use the cups to refill water bottles. If they don't have this out, it's also a great place to get a free large, filtered cup of water. Just order at the counter.

Anywhere that has FOUNTAIN dispensers. You can't go up to the standalone carts and get free water.

Also apparently you don't have to wait in line for it either. I found that out the hard way at Cosmic Rays where I waited in a line for nearly 20 minutes and when I got to the CM and just asked for 3 cups of water she was "Oh honey, you didn't have to wait in line for that, you could just go up to the counter and they'll give you some." She felt so bad for me she told them to give me a free dessert for my troubles. I guess I'm just too polite in that I'll wait in a line and not just go to the counter and give people the impression I'm cutting the entire line.

All the CS places we've bought food at are way too crowded for someone to just "walk up" to the counter to get water. People are waiting at the counter for food, and they have those doubled up queues, and people are trying to navigate all that with trays of food. I think it was much better to wait in the queue than to try to push past people in front of you :)

This just made me laugh! Buy some water, problem solved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter