• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Parks

I think she/he would enjoy either BB or TL, but my pick would be TL. They seem to have more shade, plus, my kids loved just sitting in the "giant puddles" near the wave pool while we sat & relaxed for a bit.

My son liked BB beach better at 3yrs old because there were some large slides that he was able to do without the big panic at the end because of the water depth. He easily did the slides that you use a toboggan like thing and then was able just to float on it at the bottom. No panic. I went down first and kinda waited for him in case the toboggan did not float all the way to the stairs.

We're taking our 2 y.o. to watermania. We've never been there, but after much research on the web, that seems to be geared to toddlers. If anyone else has been to watermania, i'd love to hear how it was!

Sheri Ann

Check out this thread on the theme parks board. I really think BB is the best water park.

Water Parks

sheriann8 ... you might want to aks that over at the orlando area attractions board. You might not get any answers here since this board is for WDW.

I have to agree on Blizzard Beach - my 4 year old love the fact that she could go on mini versions of proper slides, it made her feel very grown up! As she got more confident, she progressed to the slides in the teen area (called something like Ski Patrol?), and she did great on those - I went down at the same time as her, to watch her, and ended up upside down swallowing a gallon of water, by the time I had surfaced and stopped choking, she was standing on the steps of the pool waiting for me... I guess I wasn't needed at that point!

At Typhoon Lagoon there are lots of things that spray water at face level, and she really hated that.

We also preferred the family raft ride at BB, we all went on that, including my 4year old and we thought it was a blast - the equivalent ride at TL was very short and quite disappointing.

Bev

just checked out Water Mania the are only opened March 10-sept 30. It really didn't look like they have more to offer kids. The thrill slides did look amazing however.
I just couldn't justify spending $21 per adult and $18 per child (3-9) when BB and TL can be used as a plus on a park hopper plus, and is included in the Stars and Strips or Ultimate Park hopper pass

Thanks for all your replies.

It looks like we are going to use one of our "PLUS" tickets for a day at Blizzard Beach.
My 4 year-old son loves water, so I'm sure we'll have a great time this June.

I went to Blizzard Beach with a 2,4 and 5 year old. All of them LOVED the toddler section. They could do things by themselves just like the big kids! One of them wasn't very daring, and after about an hour, she was going on all the slides alone. They loved it.

I missed River Country ... took my kids there in 1978 ... they were 4½ and 2½.

Took my GK (7 & 5½) to WDW for the first time last summer. We stayed at Ft. Wilderness and I planned on taking afternoon swim breaks at River Country. Boy oh boy was I disappointed when I discovered River Country wasn't opening for the summer 2002 season <sob>. I had great memories of taking my kids there.

The folks at Disney told me (via e-mail) that River Country wouldn't be opened in 2002 as TL and BB were capable of serving the vacationers Disney was expecting. Now I've heard rumors that River Country may be closed permanently ... wahhhhh!

My vote is for BB. We found that the walkways at TL were too slippery for our DS to walk on without practically falling, and the wave pool scared the pants off of him. I feel that BB has more to offer younger children.

Ann

We've been to Water Mania...it was fine for kids, but nothing special. We went because we happened to have free tickets. We went in May, a few areas of it were closed, and there was not much shade. My 2 & 4 yr olds loved it, but also love the backyard kiddie pool at home!

I have a question...is there ANY shade at BB? I would really like to know! We are leaving soon and am deciding between TL and BB. Most things I read point to TL, although some people really love BB for little ones. Slides would be fine and big puddles are great, but some shade is really important. I have fair children and hot concrete is no fun. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter