Water Parks in April: Cabanas/Umbrellas

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm this price for the umbrellas?

I was going to say the same thing as @DarthMommy05. Prices vary by the season and those seasons/prices aren’t particularly well documented here or on the Internet. I’d call and ask about your dates just to be sure (and come back and let us know as it’s always helpful to have current reports).

We rented a cabana at TL and it was worth it by far for us. We were there open to close, we had an under 3 and the lounge i the shade was the perfect "power nap" area. Sat in it during the afternoon storm, no leaving or smooshing in at the bars for cover. We lounged talking with our attendant until they opened the rides again. Had lunch delivered while we had a little break and a few drinks. If I recall we had a little locker for wallets etc. It was one of my favourite days. Have been a few times without and it was still good but I would rather spend my money on this than sit down restaurants. To each their own.

We have rented a Cabana at TL several times. They are worth it to our party of 6 (my parents, us and our daughters) to have a covered shady place (DH and my father have both had serious skin cancers) to put all of our stuff, a locker for phones, laptop, camera, unlimited refills in the mugs they provide, unlimited towels, service attendant. You are also covered in case of the usual afternoon rain showers. We like the privacy as well. I like not having to run for the bulls to get a shady spot at park opening, even though there are lots of free shady spots. We visited BB this summer with just me and my daughters. I checked out the polar patios, and they are far inferior in protection than the ones at TL. We didn't rent anything at BB, just found a free shelter and shared with some other nice families we met that day on arrival. I would not rent a Polar Patio at BB because I didn't think they provided enough shelter to be worth the cost. But since we loved TL so much more, I don't think we will return to BB anyway. We love the cabanas at TL, but everyone has to decide how to spend their money!

We have done the umbrella and the cabana at TL several times. I like the cabana better, but if we go to TL more than once, we get a cabana and then the umbrella's.

Our favorite area is by the surf pool. So much fun and a great "home" when your party wants to split up.

We have gone many years with out spending the extra and have gotten a shady spot for free, 1st thing in the AM. As DH and I grow older we like to come a little later, not worry about our saved spot and make sure it stays saved! We have had some encroachers in the years past trying to get into our shady area when there was clearly not enough room.

For us it's worth the money.

We have paid for the shacks several times and it just makes the day more relaxing IMO. Definitely not necessary but a really fun, worth it (to us), splurge.

In case anyone was curious, for the first half of April I called and they said, for Typhoon Lagoon, the shacks are $362.50 (all in) and the umbrellas are $74.55 (all in).

I know for sure we paid under $50 per umbrella mid April in 2018. That's quite a hike, but I'd still pay that for the 'spot' and shade.

Planning our first trip to the water parks for are upcoming v trip in June. I have thought a out reserving an umbrella but great to know as husband needs to stay out of sun as much as possible. Would one umbrella be sufficient for family of 5 if only 1 person will mostly want the shade?

Planning our first trip to the water parks for are upcoming v trip in June. I have thought a out reserving an umbrella but great to know as husband needs to stay out of sun as much as possible. Would one umbrella be sufficient for family of 5 if only 1 person will mostly want the shade?

Lodge Umbrella locations have a limit of 4 people, so you would need to rent two for a family of 5. At that price, you may want to also consider a Polar Patio. We had a Lodge Umbrella in March and, yes, if only one person really needs shade, you can adjust the chairs to ensure that person is in the shade during the day.

In case anyone was curious, for the first half of April I called and they said, for Typhoon Lagoon, the shacks are $362.50 (all in) and the umbrellas are $74.55 (all in).
Thank you! All in, does that mean tip is included or is that separate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter