Water park recommendation

disneyworldmom2

Mouseketeer
I’m looking for recommendations on which water park to take my son. He can walk short distances, but usually uses his wheelchair at The World. He would really love to go on some water rides, but cannot go independently. Are there any rides other than lazy river that allow people to go together? Thanks!

The family raft ride at Blizzard Beach is one that you can do together. Also, you and your son can take the gondola up to the top to get on the raft.

I’m looking for recommendations on which water park to take my son. He can walk short distances, but usually uses his wheelchair at The World. He would really love to go on some water rides, but cannot go independently. Are there any rides other than lazy river that allow people to go together? Thanks!

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have never done the water parks at WDW.

I would recommend searching YouTube for videos of both of the water parks to see the rides. Two YouTubers that we really like are BigFatPanda and TimTracker. Both do a good job of showing POV (point of view) videos wherever Disney allows them to take the camera. I do know that there are steps at the water parks, however I don't know which rides require steps, and which rides have alternate transportation to the top.

I hope if you do go, you can give us a trip report! We rarely see those for the water parks around here, in this forum! :)

My parents with limited mobility wanted to try a water park this next visit which is in 3 weeks and threw my research the consensus has been Typhoon Lagoon. Both my parents need to use mobility scooters on this trip. I know they won't be a able to do very much but the lazy river, and maybe the wave pool. Only my mom will probably go anyway. My dad has sensitivity to direct sun light. I hope they allow scooters there with the water and sand. We are going in under 3 so Ill report back about what rides allow you to ride together there, and level of difficulty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts