Water Bottle? or Purchase Water? What do you all do?

No you don't.

You walk into a counter service location, walk past the line, and go directly to where you pick up your food and ask for a cup of water. You're in and out in about 90 seconds.

^This.

If you're only asking for a cup (or a few cups) of water, you don't have to wait in line.

Also, you'd be fine bringing in a yeti style tumbler cup. When you need a refill just ask for a cup of ice water at a quick service location and then pour it into your tumbler. For health reasons they won't take your tumbler and fill it so you'll just have to pour the water in.

It's free and a lot better than thinking about spending $1k on water. If you buy water outside of Disney, $1k is equal to about 333 cases of 24 packs of water bottles, or about 8,000 individual bottles. Inside Disney, if you were to buy Smartwater, that $1k would come out to 166 bottles. 166 bottles vs 8,000 bottles lol

Definitely bring the Yeti, or pick up a cheap plastic flip top water bottle for the trip so you don't worry about dropping it and it's easier to throw into a bag when you get on rides. There are water fountains everywhere so you can keep filling it up, and IMO $3.99 for a bottled water is absurd.

Hydration bladder attached to my baby backpack + insulated water bottle for my wife (filled by water we buy on prime), if we run out we do ask for water at quick service locations ..paying for bottled water in the parks is the biggest waste of money at Disney

Last edited:
^This.

If you're only asking for a cup (or a few cups) of water, you don't have to wait in line.

Also, you'd be fine bringing in a yeti style tumbler cup. When you need a refill just ask for a cup of ice water at a quick service location and then pour it into your tumbler. For health reasons they won't take your tumbler and fill it so you'll just have to pour the water in.

It's free and a lot better than thinking about spending $1k on water. If you buy water outside of Disney, $1k is equal to about 333 cases of 24 packs of water bottles, or about 8,000 individual bottles. Inside Disney, if you were to buy Smartwater, that $1k would come out to 166 bottles. 166 bottles vs 8,000 bottles lol
Wow that's quite a difference. I can spoil my grand kids with the rest of that $$

No you don't.

You walk into a counter service location, walk past the line, and go directly to where you pick up your food and ask for a cup of water. You're in and out in about 90 seconds.
Exactly. You don't have to wait in line for counter service ice water. You can bypass the line and often they already have cups of ice water sitting out for people to take. If the cups of water are not sitting out already, just ask for one or enough for your whole group. I bring a refillable bottle, and pour the ice water into my bottle . That way I can put it in my backpack if needed.

Also, what are you get counter service restaurants is filtered water. I think it taste better than the tapwater or drinking fountain water in Florida.

And as someone else mentioned, you can't bring glass bottles into the park.

No you don't.

When we were there last June many counter service locations had tables with big containes with spouts and cups to get your own cups of water. We didn't have to ask anyone for water, we helped ourselves. It was ice cold. Sometimes we had to look around but we found it. Even Starbucks had them.

My family personally dislikes the taste of Florida tap water. We also always do the DP, so we use snack credits on water bottles. I know this seems like a waste to many, but it's so convenient just getting a bottle when we need one instead of bringing bottles with us for the day. You could also order water bottle packs ahead of time with grocery services that deliver to WDW resorts.

LynnCC...maybe you could try a Camelbak backpack . It's a somewhat flat backpack that holds water. (Hikers use them)It would keep your hands free! :teeth:
They also have off brand at Walmart for like $19.99

aaaee.png

My daughters boyfriend uses one....I admit I had never heard of them before.

LynnCC...maybe you could try a Camelbak backpack . It's a somewhat flat backpack that holds water. (Hikers use them)It would keep your hands free! :teeth:
They also have off brand at Walmart for like $19.99

View attachment 325587

My daughters boyfriend uses one....I admit I had never heard of them before.

These things are great for hiking in the woods/mtns. - but IMO not for Disney. I could not have that on my back just for water - especially in the heat!

I also, as a @yesdnil said, would not be drinking/refilling water bottles from the fountains. I have seen way too much very unsanitary things happen there! Will not say, but just use your 'wildest' imagination!! :crazy2:

Have not had any issues finding water at a CS when I need it (also, it's filtered), but I'm sure Disney appreciates the people that would rather buy the bottled water there!! :D

I thought so, I think I'd be in line all day for water with everyone, lol
It's not as bad as all that. In a quick service restaurant, you go to the spot where people are waiting to pick up their food & ask one of the counter service cast member for it.
If it is a stand in the parks that sell soda & snacks, I choose one with a short line & wait because anything else would be cutting, imo.
We go to Disney in the hottest months & I like to be as free of bags & extra weight as possible. My teenagers think I'm a pack mule & I will be handed multiple water bottles to hold for the poor darlings.
I gave up buying bottles of water in the park when I see 1/2 the bottle hitting the trash because they had 5 sips or it got warm.

Because I try to minimize the amount of plastic that I use, I order gallons of water delivered to my Resort room and fill my own water bottle.

We have a water bottle with a filter (Brita, I think). I fill it ice and about halfway with water before we leave the resort. When we need to refill we just stop at a quick service location and ask for ice water. I had heard lots of people complain about the taste of the water in Orlando, but our family has no issues with it.

Hmm this thread got me thinking. Maybe soft freeze a few water bottles...it might feel good on the back in the backpack, like a cooler. :teeth:
So I don't get wet I will put them in a thin ziploc bag. Most times I go to a park with nothing because I don't like going through the bag check. But I may bother doing this once since I do have a paper thin Disney backpack from the park.

I only have to buy for me, so I buy water in the parks. I hate the taste of the counter service water, even if it is filtered, it tastes swampy to me.

These things are great for hiking in the woods/mtns. - but IMO not for Disney. I could not have that on my back just for water - especially in the heat!

I also, as a @yesdnil said, would not be drinking/refilling water bottles from the fountains. I have seen way too much very unsanitary things happen there! Will not say, but just use your 'wildest' imagination!! :crazy2:

Have not had any issues finding water at a CS when I need it (also, it's filtered), but I'm sure Disney appreciates the people that would rather buy the bottled water there!! :D
I have no idea what happens at the water fountain but I'll believe you. Think I'll just buy bottled water for everyone while we are in the parks, lots of it! I'll go to wholefoods and buy some electrolyte water too this way maybe, I have my fingers crossed I can stay hydrated there. It's going to be a challenge for me but I'm determined to do it.

My issue with bringing my own water bottle is that I don't like to carry a bag big enough to hold one, which vastly increases the chance that I'll lose it. Our solution in Disneyland last fall was to buy bottled water in the park but hold onto the bottles and refill them whenever we had an opportunity. We did forget them places a couple times, but the sting of paying $3 or $4 for a bottle of water is lessened when you only do it two or three times over the course of the week instead of every single time you stop to rehydrate.

As for the cleanliness of the water fountains...eh. If you're that worried about it, sure, avoid them. WDW is just one giant petrie dish, though; I'm not especially worried about the water fountains in particular.

My issue with bringing my own water bottle is that I don't like to carry a bag big enough to hold one, which vastly increases the chance that I'll lose it. Our solution in Disneyland last fall was to buy bottled water in the park but hold onto the bottles and refill them whenever we had an opportunity. We did forget them places a couple times, but the sting of paying $3 or $4 for a bottle of water is lessened when you only do it two or three times over the course of the week instead of every single time you stop to rehydrate.

As for the cleanliness of the water fountains...eh. If you're that worried about it, sure, avoid them. WDW is just one giant petrie dish, though; I'm not especially worried about the water fountains in particular.
That seems like a good idea too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter