Water Bottle and Toddler

LMO429

DIS Veteran
My son will be 2.5 year old when we go in 3 months. I would rather not bring his bulky sippy cups with us.

Can anyone recommend an adaptor or some sort of cap that is portable that can go on water bottles. I would rather just buy a bottle of water and put the cap on it for him to drink from it.

I know such a random question, but just curious.

I'm not sure what your son can manage, but some types of water bottles come with the pop-up type cap, rather than a screw-on cap. You can actually screw on/off the pop-up top, so you could re-use the same bottle, just refill it. But it doesn't have to be unscrewed each time. I could see how the standard water bottle would be a disaster with a young child.

Since you have a couple months, you could get a few of the pop-up bottles to try out before you go--see if he does okay with them. I think they even make then in animal shapes with juice in them.

Have you tried the take and toss sippy cups? They nest inside each other so they don't take up too much space. They also have a version with straws that you could use the plastic straws at the parks for.

My son will be 2.5 year old when we go in 3 months. I would rather not bring his bulky sippy cups with us.

Can anyone recommend an adaptor or some sort of cap that is portable that can go on water bottles. I would rather just buy a bottle of water and put the cap on it for him to drink from it.

I know such a random question, but just curious.
just remember that the popup caps can be spilled everywhere also. my just under 2 year old granddaughter lover to spray these bottles

A sippy cup really isn't hard to carry around in the parks, especially if you will have some type of diaper bag.

We use camelbak kids water bottles. They have a ring on them and we attach them to our stroller with a mommy hook. Works for our 2.5 year old and the bigger kids as well.

Search Amazon for "water bottle tops for toddlers" and there are many options. Try to remember not to throw them away though!

Or just a straw in a regular disposable cup with lid? Should be easily available from many QS places?

My nice did have a little sippy cup (half sized) but she would use it as comfort when sleepy too. It had handles so we just attached that and a toy to the stroller with those plastic rings.

A sippy cup really isn't hard to carry around in the parks, especially if you will have some type of diaper bag.

I agree. My diaper bag has an insulated bottle pocket. After my son stopped using bottles, I started using that pocket for his sippy cup. His sippy cups are smaller than a standard water bottle anyway.

We do Thermos Funtainers for our guys. They keep stuff sooooo cold all day and work well. They never loved sippy cups, and this way the water isn't the ridiculously bad FL water and we don't spend a fortune on bottles. You can also get them in Disney characters to get them excited. Start practicing with them now.

My DH would always just cut a small hole in a water bottle lid with a pocketknife and then put a straw through.

My 2.5 year old can drink from water bottles either with or without straws. My vote would be take n toss sippies, bring some of your own straws, or get him his own water bottle. My kids both easily use the Contigo kids bottle from Costco.

My 2.5 year old can drink from water bottles either with or without straws. My vote would be take n toss sippies, bring some of your own straws, or get him his own water bottle. My kids both easily use the Contigo kids bottle from Costco.
bringing in plastic straws is not allowed at AK for animal safety no matter age or ability of child to drink without one and it includes sippy cups and juice boxes

bringing in plastic straws is not allowed at AK for animal safety no matter age or ability of child to drink without one and it includes sippy cups and juice boxes

If it’s attached to the sippy cup, they won’t question it. My son’s sippy straws are kind of a silicone material, but you can’t tell when the lid is flipped down. They didn’t take the sippy out of the bag and inspect it to see what the straw composition was.

If it’s attached to the sippy cup, they won’t question it. My son’s sippy straws are kind of a silicone material, but you can’t tell when the lid is flipped down. They didn’t take the sippy out of the bag and inspect it to see what the straw composition was.
that kind are okay but they did take the one from grandson's take and toss cup that could be removed

We usually bring our sippy cup but in a pinch I just throw a straw in and he drinks fine. I don't usually let him hold it and walk around like this though because he would be soaked lol.

I believe Green sprouts makes an adaptor that screws onto a water bottle for like $5.

When we took my 2.5 year old, we would just have him drink out of cups with straws from counter service places. Keep in mind that any counter service will give you free water if you ask for it. We had no issues keeping him hydrated and then didn't have to worry about losing a bottle/cup or having water spill in our diaper bag. It was also great to just be able to toss when we were done with it.

I would use the opportunity of "no sippy cup" to upgrade him. :)

While he's in WDW, everything is so magical and different... he will more easily take to the suggestion, "Mickey sent THIS magical cup for you, because you're a BIG boy now that you are old enough to be at WDW!" :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter