Watch that little boy!

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
So, like everyone else I was thrilled to be online first thing and get some great deals on airfare from SLC-MCO. I was searching for the very best dates and fares. I have to say, it took some time.

While I was thinking my DS was in my bedroom on my bed watching Dora, which he was, he had also creeped into the master bathroom, put the plug in the bathtub drain and turned on the cold water. He then very cutely closed the door to the bathroom.

About an hour later I asked why his socks were wet and he pointed to the back door. I thought he went outside and go this socks wet.

Finally, I get everyone booked and go into the kitchen to check out my DVC book. There is water coming from the back of the fridge. It must be the line to the ice maker! I run to the flooded laundry room to turn off all water supplies and I still hear water in the heating duct system. Yes, water running in the duct work!!!!

Finally, I go into my room to find the dressing area under water, the closet and open the bathroom door to find the tub overflowing onto the floor, into the heater vent and flowing freely into under the walls to the laundry room and kitchen.

If only I hadn't been on the computer getting airfare to Disney! I thank God it was not fire!

He is such a quick and mischievously:scared1: little boy

SOrry that this happened!!

My DD did the same to me when she was younger.... "Mommy, it's raining in the living room" with huge eyes!!!

I used a wet / dry vac to suck things up... and added some clorine to the water to keep down the mildew.

Keep up the faith, Goldi

At least it was only the cold water. It could have been the hot water which could have made things worse as well as raised the water heating bill.:stir:

My son used to do that, but it was the bathroom sink -- any bathroom sink. And he did it on purpose when he was unable to express himself with words to his satisfaction.

So... When he was very upset about something (sometimes we didn't even know he was upset at all till he did this) he'd quietly go into a bathroom, stop the drain and run the water. Then he'd quietly close the door and go to a far corner of the house till someone noticed.

After the first two floods, we started to watch him like a hawk. Fortunately, he's grown out of that phase!

I hope it is a one time thing. My friend suggested the weather front coming in and her SN son is also on one today. Either way, we are watching him like a hawk but his behaviour is so off the wall. Running, stopping just inches from me, head butting, weird noises.

Please tell me it is just him being 4 with autism???:scared1:

My son (also asd) used to headbutt. He headbutted my cousin from behind as she was ready to throw her bouquet at her wedding:scared1:
The last time he headbutted was our minister...from the front. It had to hurt. He quit after that, I think he realized how upset we were!
I can report his behavior has greatly improved as he has gotten older!!!!!!!
Good luck with all the water mess-hope nothing was damaged!

One of my 3yo favorite things to do is to stuff up the toilet. He loves to flush whatevers handy (an entire roll of tp or a sock that didnt make it in the hamper) and it has flooded our bathroom several times. So yours isnt the only one!

If large areas of carpet get soaked for more than a few minutes you have to pull it up and remove the pad too and let it all dry out in the open or on a rack. Otherwise it takes so long for the pad underside to dry out that mold and mildew will certainly happen there and only months later be noticed when it is too late to use just a little bleach.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

If DD7 is out of our sight for more than 5 minutes we get REAL nervous. This is truly a scary story for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter