Washing machines at the comfort stations

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
Are the machines High Efficiency (HE) machines?
I'm wondering if I'm okay to bring standard, old-school liquid Tide, or if I need some fancy HE detergent.

<iframe width="1020" height="574" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you for the video. She showed on there how to use the credit card machine. That was helpful; I would have shown up with quarters. I learned from that video that Disney doesn't do quarters anymore.
She never said whether you needed to use standard or HE detergent. She did say she bought detergent there and showed the dispenser, but I couldn't tell if they sold HE or regular. She said she had Tide pods in her camper and left them, but didn't want to walk all the way back. Are Tide pods HE or regular? I only use the liquid Tide.

I did another search online, but couldn't find much. One article said that the machines are more efficient, and only about 2 tbsp on detergent is needed to clean clothes in their new washers. She didn't say if they were HE or just better machines. None of the signs they posted pics of gave any indication.

Thank you for the video. She showed on there how to use the credit card machine. That was helpful; I would have shown up with quarters. I learned from that video that Disney doesn't do quarters anymore.
She never said whether you needed to use standard or HE detergent. She did say she bought detergent there and showed the dispenser, but I couldn't tell if they sold HE or regular. She said she had Tide pods in her camper and left them, but didn't want to walk all the way back. Are Tide pods HE or regular? I only use the liquid Tide.
I sent a message to the You Tube poster with your question. She usually responds fairly quickly or addresses the question in a follow-up Mail Time/Q&A video. If I see a response I will let you know.

Are the machines High Efficiency (HE) machines?
I'm wondering if I'm okay to bring standard, old-school liquid Tide, or if I need some fancy HE detergent.
The machines are HE but you can just use about half of your regular detergent. I’ve never had a problem and I’ve washed quite a few loads there using my regular detergent.

FYI, using non-HE detergent in an HE washer is not recommended. It creates too many suds, which requires extra rinses to get them out - and the high spin speeds may mean you can't SEE the suds, but they're still there after just the normal rinse. Using less detergent in an effort to reduce suds reduces the cleaning power of the detergent. You are better off using an actual HE detergent if possible.

FYI, using non-HE detergent in an HE washer is not recommended. It creates too many suds, which requires extra rinses to get them out - and the high spin speeds may mean you can't SEE the suds, but they're still there after just the normal rinse. Using less detergent in an effort to reduce suds reduces the cleaning power of the detergent. You are better off using an actual HE detergent if possible.
Yes, I was coming back to clarify. I’ve used less than half of what I use regularly in these machines because it’s what I had in my popup and it’s been ok but I’ve also bought it out of the machine and it cleaned just fine. You are probably best off just buying it from the machine if you don’t want to carry a bottle. Downpours in the summer have soaked our line drying clothes too many times and I’ve become way too friendly with the laundry room. Download the app so you don’t have to keep walking back and forth to check on it.

FYI, this is the sign on top of each of the washing machines in the Copper Creek Villas laundry room, taken December 2017. The machines are Maytag front loaders.

Note the HE and non-HE detergent measuring amounts.

IMG-5859_sm.jpg

Thanks for responses.
I will plan on bringing HE detergent now that I know they have HE machines.

Yes, I was coming back to clarify. I’ve used less than half of what I use regularly in these machines because it’s what I had in my popup and it’s been ok but I’ve also bought it out of the machine and it cleaned just fine. You are probably best off just buying it from the machine if you don’t want to carry a bottle. Downpours in the summer have soaked our line drying clothes too many times and I’ve become way too friendly with the laundry room. Download the app so you don’t have to keep walking back and forth to check on it.

I put the " pop up pricess " line under the slide outs, works well and doesn't get caught up. A simple hook and loop line would work also. I would hate to have to keep drying towels!

Thank you !

Yep, those are the same type of washers as in the link here https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-laundry-machines-coming-to-disney-world-resorts.3396347/ they just lack the stuck on sign at the top showing what to put in which dispenser [detergent/bleach/fabric softener].

The left-hand "label" on the from of the washers says:

HEAVY DUTY HIGH EFFICIENCY WASHER
MAYTAG
COMMERCIAL ........... WASHER
PULL FOR DISPENSER

SW

BTW, OP, in my experience using the same style of dryers at other resorts, they sometimes aren't the best... more than once I have had to run things through the dryer a second time to actually get them dry. Just FYI to be prepared for the possibility.

SW

We have to bring our own detergent because there is only one kind I can use thanks to allergies. But we fly, so bringing the whole bottle isn't an option.

My solution has been to get an appropriate size Nalgene container [like these https://well.ca/searchresult.html?keyword=nalgene+hdpe I find the narrow mouth style of great for precision pouring, if a little more difficult for filling] and fill it with enough of my preferred detergent for what I think I'll need plus extra. We use HE detergent, so at way < 1 TBS per load you can quite a lot of loads worth into one of these 8 oz Nalgenes. Leakproof, convenient, travels very well.

SW

I didn't research the laundry beforehand and, for some reason, I thought we could operate the machines with our magic bands. Haha- oops! I had to go back to the camper for a credit card. Anyway, I used Gain pods in the machines at the Fort. The packaging says they can be used for both HE and non-HE washers. The clothes came out fine.

Credit Card only and it does say to only use 2Tbs of detergent. I paid the $1 for their free and clear stuff (which I was glad they have because we have skin issues and forgot our soap) for my first two loads, but when I returned on a Friday, the machine was offline, so I had to wash clothes without detergent.
I was able to get 2 washer loads into 1 dryer and everything dried perfectly within the hour.

Now if only our towels would have dried on the line out in the Florida humidity haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter