Washer/Dryer question

Like that but mine actually has a faucet.
Yeah I think that picture shows slots if I'm not mistaken where you would but a faucet it. I was just doing a quick search.

I was thinking that's what you were talking about. So then in comment to your point my mom's is actually in the middle lol. Her washer is on the left, sink in the middle and dryer on the right.

FWIW I think utility sinks are more of an older thing because newer homes (around here at least) don't have sinks at all unless it's actually this type of sink meant for pretreating or getting stains out of clothing like this: upload_2018-12-6_17-59-4.png. But that could just be an area thing.

My washer is on the left, closest to the utility sink that it drains into. The dryer is to the right. I'm not about to run hoses to stretch further down so my washer is on the right. I'd rather the washer not have to push waste water three extra feet to the sink.

It all depends where your plumbing, gas, and electrical hookups are as well.

With mine, I have the utility sink, laundry pump, and plumbing fixtures in the corner, and the electrical/propane hookups on the wall that dictates the position of washers and dryers.

Washer on left, that is where the drain is. Dryer on the right by the heavy duty plug. In my prior house they were separated by a few feet on separate walls in the basement.

Washer - Left
Dryer - Right

They have to be this way because they are front loaders. When both doors are open we have free space between them to move laundry from one to the other. Plus the vent is on the right.

Washer on the left, dryer on the right the past 5 years since we got our front loaders. That is not how we wanted them. But the installer pointed out that front load washers, at least our LG, have the door on the WASHER hinged on the left side, and the door on the DRYER hinged on the right side and they are designed to be placed this way so you can move the washing to the dryer without having the door in the way.
Ours are the same for the same reason. Dryer door is reversible.

Washer left and dryer right has been the way I have always seen them in every home I have lived/stayed in. Even floor displays in stores have washer left dryer right so it never even occurred to me it would be any other way

I don’t know if it is regional or not but I’m from the Northwest if that makes any difference.

Doesn't really matter, IMO, but for the record our washer is on the right and dryer on the left. Ours are front loaders, so the big deal is making sure the doors open properly. Our dryer door opens toward the washer (pull to the right), and it's a bit annoying. Thankfully the washer door opens toward the right (away from the dryer).

It matters in MY utility room because the "hook-ups for washer are left of wall vent for the dryer" and the basin is left of washer. Top loader washer door opens left and front loader dryer door opens right so transferring laundry is easy-peasy. Of course I most often line dry instead of using electricity.

The utility room is my room as is the kitchen since the BOSS LADY (45 years as DW) asked what I wanted when she designed the house 33 years ago. BTW, pot & pan handles face to the left :D in cabinets with TP and paper towels dropping from the back.

The washer is on the right, dryer is on the left. The reason is that because when we moved into the house, that's the way they were positioned. That's the way the hookups were arranged.

Washer on left, dryer on right. Dryer is hinged on the right so this is what makes sense. My last three homes were this way.

When you stand in front of your washer and dryer, is your washer to your left or to your right? DH and are having a "little" argument over this........I told him I would ask my DISers and get back with him.

What's your preference??
Just how much weight do the DISers opinions carry with you vs your husband? Lol.

Washer left, dryer right. But dryer vent, machine door openings, and drain locations are some of the variables, so I'm sure there is no right answer.

Our house is new construction, and the water hookups in the laundry room are on the left so the washer is on the left, dryer is on the right. The dryer is also closest to the exterior wall for venting. They are front loaders but the doors open opposite of each other so it works out fine. I also think there is no right or wrong answer, just depends how your house is set up and preference.

Of course I most often line dry instead of using electricity.

The utility room is my room as is the kitchen since the BOSS LADY (45 years as DW) asked what I wanted when she designed the house 33 years ago. BTW, pot & pan handles face to the left :D in cabinets with TP and paper towels dropping from the back.

A few extra $$'s a month to machine dry and have soft towels,etc. well worth it to us - just leave off one lunch eating out a month :) . I do want our sheets line dried though, also our dress clothes hung and line dried (no ironing), and easier on clothes. I'm meticulous with those.

Hee - Hee, love it, your dw must have trained you well!!! Since retirement dh has learned some of those things also. :D
(I have always been a SAHM)

When you say sink do you mean something like this?

View attachment 368711

Our sink like that is in the garage, would be too rustic for our house. We have a large laundry sink built into a cabinet between our washer and dryer in the laundry room.

I don't understand the argument. Washer goes where the water and drain hookups are and dryer goes where the 220 plug and vent is.

Married in the house, washer on the left and dryer on the right. When we moved in, it was dryer to the left of the basement steps and washer to the right and there wasn't enough room to carry a basket between the wall and bottom of the steps so you had to carry out around the steps.

Now it's in my bathroom. Dryer on the left and washer on the right. Dryer door opens to the right into the washer, but it's a top load washer. I was going to reverse it, but then the dryer door would open to a 90° angle into the bathroom door. Was use to having a front loader and took a moment to realize it works just fine opening into the front of the washer.

Just how much weight do the DISers opinions carry with you vs your husband? Lol.

Washer left, dryer right. But dryer vent, machine door openings, and drain locations are some of the variables, so I'm sure there is no right answer.

Are you kidding me!! My family knows I run to the DIS for opinions and advice on everything!! :rotfl:

This Thread should be upgraded to a POLL!!! :rolleyes1

Washer on the right, dryer left. I think we could claim more then 1%, I demand a recount! :stir: :teeth:

I just haven't figured out how to do a poll yet. :blush:

Yes I think the on the right is probably closer to 30% :teeth:

It seems to change at every place we've lived based on the water connection line. Growing up the dryer was on the left and the washer on the right, one one each side of the garage/kitchen door. Currently the set up is washer on the left, dryer on the right. It was the opposite in our last place.

..........Hee - Hee, love it, your dw must have trained you well!!! Since retirement dh has learned some of those things also. :D..............

Just part of my package when she married me 45 years ago. Same with cooking and house cleaning. Giving birth to our 2 kids was on her, the rest on me. OOPS, she does handle the finances. :worship::lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter