Was playing around with dates surrounding Thanksgiving 2020. Huge $ difference?

LovePug

DIS Veteran
I was originally looking to arrive the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but the started playing with dates based off of the past several years of free dining dates (in hopes that perhaps they will be released next year again). I put in to arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving and, although it wouldn't let me book yet, it did show me a price which was about $40/night cheaper. Does that sound like it could be correct? I can't get that to come up again, now, when I went to double check my math.

I am looking at similar dates, how did you even get prices to come up at all? I can't even see those dates with prices. I assumed because it was beyond the 499 days in advance.

I am looking at similar dates, how did you even get prices to come up at all? I can't even see those dates with prices. I assumed because it was beyond the 499 days in advance.

I don't know, but it wouldn't let me do it a second time for the later date. I was looking to book for before Thanksgiving and wrote down the prices and then switched to after and it showed a price, but said it wasn't available. After I clicked out and went back in for that date, there's nothing showing now.🤷‍♀️

You can see the nightly rates for any room through the end of 2020:

Open a private browser session [you don't want any cookies with search dates].

Go to the "room rates" page for your chosen resort. e.g. for AKL: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/

You will see a listing of all room rates with "from" and the lowest rate for that room.

Beneath the rate is a link "View Rate Calendar". Click on that and it will pull up a pop of a rate calendar showing each month with each daily rate. Arrow through to find the month of interest.

SW

I was originally looking to arrive the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but the started playing with dates based off of the past several years of free dining dates (in hopes that perhaps they will be released next year again).
Thanksgiving is at holiday pricing and the weeks before and after are lower.

Dave

Go to the "room rates" page for your chosen resort. e.g. for AKL: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/

You will see a listing of all room rates with "from" and the lowest rate for that room.

Beneath the rate is a link "View Rate Calendar". Click on that and it will pull up a pop of a rate calendar showing each month with each daily rate. Arrow through to find the month of interest.

SW

View attachment 417456
Thanks!!

SW

View attachment 417456
:worship: Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter