Was anyone able to get any type of discount Christmas week this year?

nisiemouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
It looks like we are going to have to postpone our summer trip to right after Christmas. Is it possible to get any type of discount during this time or did you have to pay full rack rate this year if you went? We just want two nights checking in on Dec 26. I just wondered if anyone would be able to relay their experience this year before I tried to call and check rates. Thanks.

Yes but you have to be brave and check regularly. I was booked for 2 rooms at 219.00 for deluxe rooms. The WEEK before we left I called back and they had garden view rooms AP rate out for 155 a night! I was able to get that rate applied to my old ressies and when I checked in lowes gold upgraded me to a suite for $35 and the rooms on the sides of the suites are deluxe so i had a huge rooms and a parlor for 35, 155, 155 each per night! You have to ask for ANY specials they might have. Last year they offered a Promo rate if you asked for a special that's the rate you got which at the time was the lowest they offered. So go ahead make your ressies and call--call often to score yourselve a great rate. Also they offered AAA rates too.

Our family stayed at the hrh last dec. 28 - Jan 5, when I originally booked the room in June, they told me peak holiday season would not have discounts, I would periodically check the rates and finally, 8 days before we left, I came across the Annual Passholder rate of $149/night gvd. (my original reservation was $249 gdv.) I booked my reservation directlly through Loews, so they just adjusted the rate for me.
If I remember correctly, the other 2 hotels were offering some discounts at that time, but I was set on the HRH. It seems the HRH was more diffucult to get discounts. Anyway, the more options you have like AAA, Fanclub, AP, and if you are flexible regarding the onsite hotel you would like, you should not have to pay the rack rate. Also other posters have mentioned that some of the Discount Hotel websites have some lower than rack rates.
Good LUck!
Jodi

My Mother got a rate of $216 per night at HRH for 4 nights December 22 - 25th 2002 for a Club Level room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!