Warning ebay seller jarime108

gatormom2tots

DIS Veteran
We have been going round and round for the past 24 hours trying to get a reservation settled that was made back in October. We had a 7 nights at Bonnet Creek. He sent me the confirmation from the hotel with another name on it (the owner of the points). I didn't think much of it since we were way more than 30 days out.

We leave on Sunday. I called yesterday to confirm the reservation- reservation # checks out but not in our name. Thankfully a member saw my post yesterday and Pmed me. She had a similiar issue with this gentleman and had to track down owners, etc.

I was able to talk to the person who is "managing" the reservation and he assured me that the owners had just not switched the reservation to my name and it would be done by Tuesday.

Meanwhile my contact here at disboards knew of the owners listed directly on my reservation and placed a call to them last night- they stated they have NO reservation for me.

I know for a fact my reservation number checks out...the question is WHOSE reservation is it? But at least something is there and hopefully we can get it resolved by Sunday.

But I am unable to leave feedback on ebay (purchased made back in October) or paypal (more than 180 days). This guy has PERFECT rating on ebay- perhaps because you can't leave feedback this far out. But the hassle and stress does not equal a perfect rating.

I would be willing to chalk this up to gross misunderstanding and an isolated incident...except that another Diser had a similar issue with this seller so it appears to be a pattern. She stated that when she contacted the owners that this was not the first time they had issues with this particular person managing their properties to rent.

So just be aware...

OMG, did you pay for 7 nights up front??? I hope you get this resolved and didn't lose any money. Let us know how it turns out. Good Luck!

People who manage timeshare points will book reservations in advance using the name of the owner, then offer those reservations for rent.

Some will wait before putting the renter's name on the reservation in hopes of booking that same reservation for less points, and thus maximizing profits. Once they have paid to put the renter's name on the reservation, they are locked in and have lost any chance to save money, thus the wait as long as possible.

I think points manager should explain when the name will go on the reservation to eliminate any confusion when calling the resort to confirm.

It has been an interesting 24 hours. With the help of another board member here, we were able to call Joel out on his crap. My husband threatened to file charges and told him he would report him to real estate licensing board since he is a practicing realtor in the Kissimmee/St. Cloud area with an office and all. feel free to google his name of JR Investment corps. I was able to find his page since I had his name and personal phone number which took me to his webpage. Once he realized my husband knew legally that he was committing a crime (DH is an attorney), he immediately started to attempt to make the reservation.

He sent us a screen shot of the reservation. We immediately called and they told us it was only for 3 nights, not the 7 nights we paid. At that point, we told him we wanted a complete refund. He did refund the money back into the paypal account but begged us to let him make right on this and find another reservation to finish out the week. We transferred the refund back into our bank account and told him that he had until the morning to get this reservation settled in our name and we would give him back his money once we checked in. Otherwise we were done.

We were on our way to graduation as all this was going down. It does appear that he went to ebay and purchased an overlapping reservation and I can pull up the sold listing and the time stamps match when he texted and told me he had it, but as of 5:30AM our names are still not on the reservation for part 2.

He has admitted that he "messed up" but follows it with "this has never happened before." I pretty bluntly told him "That's what happens when you don't pay your owners- they cancel on you."

I am actually glad the owner did cancel it- apparently Joel owes this guy for more than 1 reservation.

I told him he had until 10AM. At that point I am calling WBC and if our name is not on for the full length of stay we are booking elsewhere and this guy is out several hundred dollars.

Last edited:

People who manage timeshare points will book reservations in advance using the name of the owner, then offer those reservations for rent.

Some will wait before putting the renter's name on the reservation in hopes of booking that same reservation for less points, and thus maximizing profits. Once they have paid to put the renter's name on the reservation, they are locked in and have lost any chance to save money, thus the wait as long as possible.

I think points manager should explain when the name will go on the reservation to eliminate any confusion when calling the resort to confirm.

This is NOT the case here.

It has been an interesting 24 hours. With the help of another board member here, we were able to call Joel out on his crap. My husband threatened to file charges and told him he would report him to real estate licensing board since he is a practicing realtor in the Kissimmee/St. Cloud area with an office and all. feel free to google his name of JR Investment corps. I was able to find his page since I had his name and personal phone number which took me to his webpage. Once he realized my husband knew legally that he was committing a crime (DH is an attorney), he immediately started to attempt to make the reservation.

He sent us a screen shot of the reservation. We immediately called and they told us it was only for 3 nights, not the 7 nights we paid. At that point, we told him we wanted a complete refund. He did refund the money back into the paypal account but begged us to let him make right on this and find another reservation to finish out the week. We transferred the refund back into our bank account and told him that he had until the morning to get this reservation settled in our name and we would give him back his money once we checked in. Otherwise we were done.

We were on our way to graduation as all this was going down. It does appear that he went to ebay and purchased an overlapping reservation and I can pull up the sold listing and the time stamps match when he texted and told me he had it, but as of 5:30AM our names are still not on the reservation for part 2.

He has admitted that he "messed up" but follows it with "this has never happened before." I pretty bluntly told him "That's what happens when you don't pay your owners- they cancel on you."

I am actually glad the owner did cancel it- apparently Joel owes this guy for more than 1 reservation.

I told him he had until 10AM. At that point I am calling WBC and if our name is not on for the full length of stay we are booking elsewhere and this guy is out several hundred dollars.

Gatormom, I know you've been dealing with this and then going on vacation so I was clicking on thread to post something myself to try and save people from this Ebayer.

My experience was not exactly the same but I felt I was getting the run around. I too purchased my week on Ebay from jarime108.

Here is my experience.

I paid in full up front in October for a March stay. I called WBC soon after I purchased and there was a reservation in my name with the full balance still showing as unpaid. I got so many different stories as to when there would be a zero balance I can't remember them all. I kept asking questions because the procedure of Jari/ Joel/Liri properties (the names used in my transaction) was not the one used by past ebayers I've purchased from. I also had them send me documentation to support their averments. Most of these email communications were signed by Jari. I called WBC periodically with no changes to the reservation, but in when I called WBC in February the representative said that there was no longer a reservation in my name that it had been cancelled by ME in January. I contacted Jari and Joel answered phone giving me all kinds of assurances that everything was fine and that he makes dummy reservations and then cancels them if he doesn't need them and my name would actually be placed on the point owners reservation about 20 days from my check in date. I had Joel send me all types of documents and from them and the agreement and other documents I already had, I was able to find the name and address of the point owner. I googled him and eventually got his phone number and spoke with him directly. We were still outside the 30 days before my check in date when we first spoke. He told me that he did have my name and would be putting my name on one of his reservations at day 29. He said that Joel was the one he was working with and he'd never heard of someone named Jari. He said Joel still owed him some money from my reservation about $200. The point owner assured me however that everything would be taken care of and it was. On the 29th day before check in my name was on a reservation at WBC and there was a 0 balance. I kept in contact with the points owner because for my future WBC stays I'm going to go directly through him. When I checked in to WBC I texted the owner that all was good and he texted back that Joel owes him a lot of money for the rental weeks he'd purchased from the point owner.

I too was unable to post about my experience on ebay because although the "transaction" occurred in October the actual goods were not received until March. I called and spoke with an Ebay representative about my situation and they basically didn't care. Although my stay worked out in the end I don't know if it would have had I not started speaking directly with the owner.

Please head our warning and do not purchase WBC weeks on EBay from Jari!

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get it resolved. E bay can be a really good deal but you have to be careful. Even though you purchased this a long time ago I would still try to contact someone in e bay customer service to report the seller.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get it resolved. E bay can be a really good deal but you have to be careful. Even though you purchased this a long time ago I would still try to contact someone in e bay customer service to report the seller.

We have spoken to ebay and told them of our situation...but who knows? We have used ebay multiple times without a hitch...but I definitely think I will vet more next time and make sure I am dealing directly with an owner and not a middleman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter