Warner Bros tour or Universal tour?

Renee70

Earning My Ears
We're planning to stay in DL for 4 nights and one of the days I'm hoping to send my DH on a tour of either the warner bros VIP tour or the universal.

I can find a shuttle to take him to the universal studios but can't find any to get him to Warner bros. Maybe they don't have them?

Has anyone been on both (and i'm assuming they are NOT the same thing - right?? :rolleyes1 ) and any thoughts on which one is worth it?

After DL we're spending 3 nights in San Diego and then one day in Hollywood (daughter and I doing the AG store, dh doing the Farmers Market etc on grove) and I'm wondering if either of these tours are closer to Hollywood or San Diego than DL?

Thanks for any insight!

R

We just did Paramount Studios Tour If your husband is into old movies he might enjoy this tour. If he saw the movie the Ten Commandments he will get a knick out of where they filmed the parting of the red sea (parking lot now), I enjoyed this tour better then Warner Brothers.

We're planning to stay in DL for 4 nights and one of the days I'm hoping to send my DH on a tour of either the warner bros VIP tour or the universal.

I can find a shuttle to take him to the universal studios but can't find any to get him to Warner bros. Maybe they don't have them?

Has anyone been on both (and i'm assuming they are NOT the same thing - right?? :rolleyes1 ) and any thoughts on which one is worth it?

After DL we're spending 3 nights in San Diego and then one day in Hollywood (daughter and I doing the AG store, dh doing the Farmers Market etc on grove) and I'm wondering if either of these tours are closer to Hollywood or San Diego than DL?

Thanks for any insight!

R

I haven't "done" either. But I've done a bunch of research.

We're mostly going to the Hollywood area for my son who is a budding actor and film buff. *HE* absolutely wants to go to Universal to check out the tram ride and the Psycho house among other things. So that's what we're doing. furthermore, universal has some "rides" like Universal Orlando.

That being said, if you wanted more of a real hollywood/behind the scenes, I do get the feeling the Warner Bros VIp tour would be better... It really sounds like there's a lot less emphasis on being a theme park that's also a working studio, and more on "this is actually a working studio, let us give you a tour"... if it were just me, I'd go there...

Ok I had to jump in. We took an all day tour that included the VIP Warner Brothers studio. The name of the company is Anaheim visitor center, or Anaheim 411. Here's the tour that we took: http://www.anaheim411.com/shop/cata...ducts_id=88&osCsid=dmq7bq4n8nlg5cd5c49u4s7qn5

I want to say that I have NO ties to this company whatsoever, we found it on the internet, and I called the guy who owns it, and he was our driver, his name is Tom. He was very personable, and it was a very intimate tour, which was great, no large buses, we were able to walk all over the place in places you would normally not be able to. I'm sure there has to be other versions of the tour we took that maybe aren't as long, but I just wanted to show you the one we did. Hope this helps! By the way, the VIP tour was excellent in our opinion, we had our two teens with us, and if you know anyone who is a Harry Potter fan such as our daughter, the second floor of the museum they bring you to is AWESOME with all kinds of memorabilia! We were prohibited to take any pictures of that part of the tour, but I'll have to upload some pics to my photobucket account of ones that we were able to, like the former set of "Friends" which was so exciting since I used to love watching the show! We also got to see the set(s) where they film 2.5 Men, and more!! Very cool, I would highly recommend it!

Universal is a full amusement park and not just a tour. There are great rides and shows to see which makes for a full day experience. The tram tour is part of the park admission and for me the best part. It travels around through Universals large outdoor backlot where you'll see scores of movie sets and buildings used in movies dating decades ago up thru more recent films. From Universal you can easily see Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. or Paramount are both good tours for movie buffs and take a couple hours for either. If you have your own car you can easily do both in an afternoon although not sure on cost. For a mix of tours, rides and shows I'd pick Universal. For a better behind the scenes tour Universal does have their VIP tour but for us its too expensive.

If you are looking for the best "tour"part warner bros wins hands down for me.

Universal is more about the theme parkand the shows with a quick tram ride around parts of the movie lot. I have done it twice and find it very "'touristy'". There are parts in it specially made for the tour that tou see each and every time. You cannot leave the tram at any time or have any say in what you see.

At warner bros it is a more personal tour. Our guide asked if there were any shows or movies people really liked and he made sure to take us to some specific areas featured in them. You also get to go aff the tram and look inside and touch stuff. You can also take photos of yourself in the areas.
To meit felt less "set-up".

They are both closer to Hollywood than anaheim.

We had our own car but there were shuttles from Starline tours at both.

Two very different experiences, IMO. If you want a fun theme park with thrill rides, Universal is the better choice. If you want to visit a working studio (with the chance to see real TV sets and actors--I've seen Conan O'Brien and a few actors from ER while taking the tour), then the Warner Bros. VIP tour is for you.

The VIP tour at Warner Bros is incredible. Like others have mentioned it's much more personal and you actually see more stuff than on the universal tour which can be quite tedious at times. When I went I met Zachary Levi, Ben Savage and Kristin Chenowith. You see sets for E.R., Gilmore Girls, Annie, Rent, Growing Pains, Chuck, Two and A Half Men, Friends etc. What's more is you actually get to walk around the backlots and take pictures of yourself there. The WB tour concludes at this building filled with famous costumes. The top floor is nothing but Harry Potter treasures (I was drooling over the J.K. Rowling autographed Deathly Hallows book). As a film student the WB tour is simply fascinating.

Universal Studios Hollywood...I have held an annual pass to this place every now and then, but if you have been to the one in Orlando don't waste your time here. Hate to be harsh, but really, this place has very little to offer in terms of unique attractions and is a very difficult park to navigate being separated into two levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter