Walt's - an American Restaurant

Copied from TR:

Tuesday 5th June (almost same time at Jothp above!):

We had a reservation at 6.30 pm for Walts and I was hoping to get a window table for the Parade at 7 pm. I had called in earlier in the day to ask (as I had been told to do this when I booked it on the telephone) but they just told me they couldn't guarantee one . We arrived for 6.30 pm to find rather a lot of people milling around in the waiting area (which is gorgeous with lots of Walt memorabilia). We had booked the Dinner & Dreams meal as I had read that the VIP roped off spot was quite a good view and we liked the idea of arriving just beforehand rather than an hour or so before.

However, we waited 40 minutes for our table which was not so good. It was 7.15 pm when we got upstairs and despite the fact we had waited so long and had asked a few times, we were given a table at the back of the restaurant in Fantasyland - lovely room but a bit disappointing. I left DH to settle the girls while I went for a quick look around and I noticed a table had become available by the window in the Main Street area. I stopped the Manager as he went past and explained how we had waited so long for a table even with a booking and could he possibly see if we could change to the window table. He did sigh a bit (!) and then agreed that he would get a member of staff to sort it out for us . The parade was just coming up Main Street so we were just in time! We sat and the girls had a great view - they got some lovely character waves and kisses as well a tongue stick out from Peter Pan.

367.jpg

I must admit, the Dreams menu is a little limited and I would have loved to have tried some of the things on the A la carte menu at Walts but we really wanted those wristbands! DH chose the parma ham & melon starter (as did I), and the sea bream with rice for main. I chose the lamb with red wine jus and ratatouille. The girls both had fish and chips as well as the salmon mousse for starter (all came out together). We all had the 20th desserts although the children's were different to ours.

368.jpg

369.jpg

370.jpg

371.jpg

372.jpg

373.jpg

DH had a coffee on the house - the waitress we had was so lovely and said because of our wait we could have it free which was really nice as we hadn't said anything about it to her. At the end of the meal our wristbands were put on us and off we headed.

Our meal was 116 euros with SH discount - DH had one beer and we had soft drinks all round so I didn't use my AP. However here, unlike most other places, the beer wasn't included in the SH discount as alcohol isn't meant to be apparently :confused3.

We really liked the Dreams VIP viewing area as part of this package - it is directly in front of the control booth where the show is manned from and is a great view. In addition as you can turn up, up to 10 minutes before it is a great way to get a good view without standing around too long.

We ate here on Tuesday 23 July 2013.

I booked using the dining reservations number about 3 weeks before our visit. I booked for 18:30, but we arrived a bit earlier and were seated without a problem.

We were seated in the Fantasyland room.

DH, Abbey and I had the grilled sirloin, with baby potatoes and a spiced butter sauce

DS had the kids meal, duo of cheeses to start, cheeseburger followed by chocolate flan, which is more like a mousse

We all enjoyed our meals and were too full for dessert. My steak was a little underdone, but I usually like very,very well done. Abbey and DH were fine with theirs. Our server was lovely and she was very quick to attend to us. This is a really nice restaurant and in a very good setting. I'm sure we'll eat here again.

Kids meal was 15E and included a drink. Our steaks were 24.99E, soft drinks 4:39E

Total bill 91:06E including shareholders discount

We had reservations for Walt's for October 17th at 3:30pm, for myself, husband and 11 year old son. But we arrived at 3 and they were happy to seat us. We asked if it would be possible to sit in Frontierland, as DS loves Phantom Manor and we've been seated in Discoveryland and Adventureland previously, and they were happy to accommodate. :)

We were seated by the window, over looking the balcony with the ghosts right outside, DS loved this!

Husband and I both had the set menus, we each got the Cesar salad to start, though I didn't care for the chicken on top, but at around that. We each ordered the grilled sirloin, with baby potatoes and rocket salad. The steak was a tad bit chewy, but well cooked and well seasoned. I had Creme Brûlée, which was lovely and husband had some sort of warm brownie with ice cream.

My son always orders the same thing, a starter of tomatoes and mozzarella, burger with fries (well done requested) and chocolate flan, and always eats it all.

Husband and I also ordered a coke each, and in total, it came to about 95€. We end every trip with dinner at Walt's on our last night. This trip didn't disappoint. :goodvibes

My family & l had lunch here Wednesday 16th October, 2013.
We had a reservation for 12 noon (opening time) & were seated at a window table in the Discoveryland room. As few other tables were occupied when we arrived l took a look round the other rooms - worth doing. From our table we were able to watch the Halloween calvacade as it went along Main St.

DH, l & our 17 y o daughter each chose from the 40.99 great classics menu.
- we all had mozzarella & tomato to start, then DH had Walt's gourmet burger (he left the foie gras), served with lattice potatoes, DD & l both had the fillet steak, new potatoes & winter vegetables. DH & DD both had cheesecake for dessert, l chose the mini dessert selection.
DS age 10 had the 15.99 euros child's menu - he chose salmon, burger, choc. mousse. All our food was delicious & beautifully presented.

B1ACF960-704B-4E25-AE55-87159C6F1107-7895-000002B57A422028_zps2eeeb6a4.jpg

8C7D4284-EF8A-478C-8FFC-5358902E9125-7895-000002B695C0C5BC_zpscc6bb0be.jpg

AF73CD67-04B0-449B-81B3-104B1FF03A73-7895-000002B6E0952389_zps90f360ef.jpg

Zoa, our waitress was very nice. We had no problems getting our shareholders discount. Our total bill was approx 131 euros after shareholders discount + we gave a good tip which was well deserved.

Based on our meal & the service we received l would definitely recommend Walt's.

went here back in 2011 and adored it. would be hard pressed not to go back to walt's when we return.

Thanks for the update Carrie. I'm on a juice diet at the moment and I'm sitting here dreaming about what I'll eat in Walts next month....

We ate here on Wednesday 7th October 2015 at 2pm.

I booked using the dining reservations line a few weeks before and was told that it was only open for lunch bookings. I think it closed at 4pm.

When we arrived, 5 minutes before our booking time, it was very busy in the reception area. The hostess had to turn people away and was only accepting people with bookings. I gave our name and asked if possible could we please have a Main St window view. She said she would take a note but could not guarantee. We were asked to go upstairs about 5 minutes later....to a lovely window seat!

We were using half board plus vouchers, which include a drink for everyone.

DH had the caesar salad to start

I had the smoked salmon to start which was delicious.

Abbey didn't want a starter and neither did Lewis.

DH, Abbey and I all had the grilled steak for mains. This came with lovely herb potatoes and garlic butter. Very nice, cooked well done to our taste.

Lewis had the burger and asked just for a plain chesseburger without sauce - this was fine with the waitress and he ate the lot.

For dessert DH, Abbey and I all had the American cheesecake and raspberry compote. This was amazing!

Lewis had the vanilla ice cream with popping candy which he said really popped!

During our meal the Harvest Parade came down Main St - it was really lovely to hear the music and watch the characters whilst we ate.

Our waitress was very nice and I think we must have spent around 2 hours relaxing over our meal.

Another lovely meal in Walts - just wish it was open later in the day during quieter times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts