Walt's - an American Restaurant

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Enter Walt's on Main Street USA and find yourself transformed back in time to an elegant hotel which tells the story of Walt Disney's life through photos and memorabilia. This table service restaurant offers an American and international menu. The upstairs dining area is divided into several rooms - Main Street, Discoveryland, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Adventureland.

Meals are served from lunch through to park closing and reservations are recommended.

We ate at Walt's in August 2006. Here are a few photos of the reception area.

45513089_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513086_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513088_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

After begging ;) and pleading :worship: we were lucky and were given a window table in Frontierland.

45513083_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513082_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

Danielle and Francesca had cheeseburger and chips/beefburger and chips and a Mickey gourmet puzzle dessert.

45513072_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513075_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

Here are their finished masterpieces. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

45513084_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513085_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

Samantha had fettuccini "Alfredo" and apple and apricot crumble with honey nougat ice cream from the teenager menu.

45513071_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

For some reason :confused3 I forgot to photograph the crumble.

Bryan had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken followed by the gourmet burger and a Cinderellas slipper for dessert.

45513070_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513074_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513078_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

I had the tomato tartar with basil and mozzarella and grilled bread rubbed with tomato followed by creamy risotto with scallops and green asparagus tips with a seafood coulis and a Cinderellas slipper which I swopped with Samanthas dessert because I cant eat too much chocolate in case it brings on a migraine. She wasnt complaining and loved the slipper!

45513069_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513073_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

The food was absolutely delicious and we were served by a lovely CM. The icing on the cake was when the parade went past, we had a lovely view and the characters all waved in to the windows as they went past on their floats. :wizard: :wizard: This is the first time I have been to Walts and I loved it. :love: It is very elegant but the atmosphere is not at all intimidating or stuffy. I will definitely eat here again.

Ware Bears said:
Bryan had a Caesar salad with grilled chicken followed by the gourmet burger and a Cinderella’s slipper for dessert.

45513078_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

I had the tomato tartar with basil and mozzarella and grilled bread rubbed with tomato followed by creamy risotto with scallops and green asparagus tips with a seafood coulis and a Cinderella’s slipper.
:confused3 I'm a little confused now.
I thought Auberge de Cendrillon was the only place you could get Cinderella's slipper desert?

Is it available at many other restaurants or just Walts?

Thanks for your help!

I believe they only recently started serving it at Walt's. I could remember reading it on someone else's trippie. I don't think it is served anywhere besides these two restaurants. :)

Thankyou!
At least it gives us an extra chance at finding the slipper at some point during the trip! Both restaurants are on our hope to visit list.

Walt's is probably one of the best restaurants in the resort, offering many different styles of food. I went there 2 weeks ago and the service was amazing, I don't think I have ever had anyone pour me water before. We were sat in the smaller Frontierland room next to the wonderful stain glass window of a mountain range, was hoping for a window seat, but there were already families sitting at the windows so could not be helped. Had the set menu for €29, found the food really nice, even if I usually am not one for "fancy" food, started off with the tartar, tasted wonderful and then had steak, which was probably the best steak I have eaten. Finished with the Cinderella Slipper (the one good thing about Walt's is the cinderella slipped is included in the set menu, whereas if you get the buffet at ADC then you have to pay extra for the slipper).

Overall was an amazing experience and definately made even better with my annual pass discount, though next time I really must sit in the Discoveryland room, I am a giant Discoveryland fan :) .

Thank you Marcus and Ware Bear for those pics :thumbsup2 .
I've never been at Walt's but it is said to be the most beautiful place to eat, and the best food of the park...

we had a fabulous meal at Walts a couple of weeks ago.. still dreaming about the tomato tartar... yum.. to die for...

Walt's is mine and DBF favourite, lovely relaxed atmosphere and lovely menu which even has something of people who are not adventious with there food, like my sister.

Hi,

the Walt's is our fav, too. You get "real food" (not the fast food crap) for a reasonable price (compared to a Paris full service restaurant). The CMs are very friendly and it has a better atmosphere than the California Grill, which is much more expensive.

Greetz

kaido

What a lovely restaurant! It's so elegant, i'm definitely adding that to our list!

I had an early (for France) dinner here and was lucky enough to overlook Main St and be able to see the lighting ceremony.

Appetizer was the tomato dish shown in the photo above, which was excellent, coupled with my favourite warm rolls and unsalted butter. Unfortunately the veggie entre was again more pasta; my server was very apologetic and offered to get me more appetizer if I liked.

I decided to forgo the entre and have dessert instead. As I couldn't find a chocolate item, and most appeared to have ice cream, I went with what they called a stawberry shortcake in English, but was actually something different that what they serve in America.

It was a Mickey head butter/sugar cookie, flavoured cream, and a strawberry/rhubard compote. I had to eat even animal shaped items (I know, strange!) so it did hurt a little to 'eat' Mickey, but the dish was delicious.

Service was very unobtrusive; my server spoke no English but we managed just fine with my French, and even had some conversation about various things.

Athmosphere is wonderful as noted above, but unfortunately I was seated in one of the 'rooms' with a group of 6 very obnoxious guests, who had scattered their items around the room, taking up most of the chairs and floor space with their purchases and wet clothing. They left after about 30 minutes, but not before I was subjected to some very inappropriate conversation (and it turns out that the daughter, who was dining with them, was a cast member :blush: ) My server apologized several times for their behaviour, but not her fault. Once they left peace returned to the restaurant...

Overall, this gets an 8.5/10 from me - lack of interesting veggie entre and the very badly torn and stained menu are the reasons for the rating.

Oooooh which room did you get to sit in to see the lighting ceremony?

We're going in about 10 days so we'd love to get a similar view!

it was the room directly by the loo - if you are at a table facing Main St you can see down the street, albeit not all the way to the castle - but you will be able to see the lighting along Main St! and very nice to sit all cozy watching people in the rain below ;)

We ate at Walts and had a great time, we also had a window seat so was able to watch the Fantilusion parade glide past, as we sat at our warm dry table. The service was superb as was the food, we tryed Walts after reading reviews on this site, thats also how we knew to ask for a window seat. I had the clam chowder to start it was one of the most delicious things i've ever eaten, then I had roast beef, saute potatoes and veg all very nice. I didn't have space for pud:sad1: but my daughter did and had the mickey mouse chocolate puzzle, which she loved painting and eating. Walts might not be the cheapest place to eat but I'd say it's money well spent. I will definately eat there again.

Does anyone know the latest seating time at Walts? I would love to book a dinner here, but just can't quite let myself take 2 hours out of a day when the park is only open 8 hours to sit down and eat...This place serves lovely meals (based on your comments and photos) and should be enjoyed. I know that the beginning of the FAQ says 'to park closing' but can you actually book *that* time? (park closes at 18:00 on the days we're visiting...)

Thanks!

I *think* the latest time they will book you in for is an hour before park closing, so if the park closes at 18.00 they will hopefully let you book for 17.00.

Someone please correct me if this info is wrong! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!