Walt Disney World Travel vs. CRO for DC members

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
I understand that you have to pay your balance in full like a month before your trip if you use Walt Disney Travel Co. And if you use the DC 800 # you are thrown into the Travel Co. Can you call CRO and do room only AND get the DC discount? I don't like the idea of having to pay for it that long before I'm there!

Thanks!

In order to get a Disney Club discount, you must book through Walt Disney Travel. The package without passes is called the Basic Plan. If you don't want trip insurance, make sure to tell them you don't want it. The balance of the package must be paid 21 days in advance and your deposit will be $100. You still have up to 5 days in advance to cancel your reservation without penalty.

I iust did a room only with the DC a week ago for June and have to pay in advance. I asked the girl why, because I never had to pay before I went with just room only. She said that DC now goes thru WDW Travel and you have to pay up front. I had to send in the deposit and the final payment is due on May 30th. I have ressies for June 20 to the 30th.

I guess things are a changing. But I am like you I enjoyed just paying the deposit and waiting till I got down there and paid the rest.

Mary Ann

I was told the other day by CRO that very soon all reservations will soon be made by WDT.

Deputy Disney and Mary Waring Thanks a Bunch!!!

Just called and got discounted rates for 6 of my 8 nights for June 22-28. Didn't have any
for the start of my trip on the 20th and will change from the ASMusic to ASSports. I only
have to send in deposit and then pay the rest when I get there like before.

I am also staying for my last two nights of just resting at the AK with a savanah view that
I got with a DC discount. Can't wait to be there.

Thanks again for all your help.

Mary Ann

Thanks Deputy Disney....but our trip is 12/12 through 12/19 and there are no other discounts yet...and from what I have read there probably won't be! But you can bet I have been scouring that page every other day at least just in case!!

MaryAnn B Great Big Y're Welcome! I'm glad you got your discount and AKL to Boot!

WDWorBUST do not get discouraged, they may be discounts in December. I've gotten them in the past. Keep an eye, the good one, on these boards DIS and Mousesaver.

I'm a plannin' to ambush me a discount for the new Pop Century openin' Dec. 15! It the new Allstar-value Disney resort.

;) :p :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jester: :cool:

Hmmm... we booked a "Basic Package" a couple of months ago by using the DC phone number. My deposit was $200 (total package $1061) and there was no final payment due date. We arrive at the Polynesian next Wednesday. I've made periodic payments, but I know I still owe at least $600 upon arrival. I hope everything is ok with my ressie. I'd better call them tonight and verify!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter