Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone ever used the pull out sofa beds in the suites? We are thinking of booking a suite for the extra space and all they have is a King bed option. My teenage daughter has slept on pull outs in DVC rooms before but we were curious how comfortable the sofa bed would be?
I once stayed in a Swan Grand Suite, which had two queens in the bedroom, not a king. I can't vouch for the comfort of the sofa bed, however, as it was never used.

The smaller Executive Suite looks like it's also available with two queen beds in the bedroom.
https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/swan_exec.html
Is the issue that there is no availability for the queen/queen layout for your dates?

yes there is no availability for the 2 queen layout in the suite. Deciding if we do a balcony with 2 queens or the studio with the sofa. The extra space is really selling us for the suite

@Spruce56 I can't help you, but I will say the regular beds at S/D are amazing, I'm hoping they take the sofa beds as serious as the Heavenly beds. I'm sure one of the members here will be along to give you some advice.

@Spruce56
Our 10 yr old spent a week on a pullout at Dolphin, and said it was great. I layed on it, and didn't feel the dreaded crossbar. I actually spent a week sleeping on a newer pullout on a spring break (not Swolphin) trip last year, and I was thinking it would be horrific, but it was just fine. They've gotten much better.

Checked into the Swan on November 18th for 9 nights and what an awesome place it is. Free upgrade to balcony room where we sat and looked at the lights and listened to their Christmas music. Every staff person took extra effort to make us feel special. Cabana Bay and Garden Grove had some of the best food in Disney World. Transportation is doable but don't take Swan bus to the Springs. Looooooong walk. Rollaway is not the old lumpy folding thing but a twin bed with a very thick foam mattress that is as comfortable as the beds. Housekeeping cleaned our room often and were extraordinary. Fun walk to HS and Epcot. Best hotel!!!

Checked into the Swan on November 18th for 9 nights and what an awesome place it is. Free upgrade to balcony room where we sat and looked at the lights and listened to their Christmas music. Every staff person took extra effort to make us feel special. Cabana Bay and Garden Grove had some of the best food in Disney World. Transportation is doable but don't take Swan bus to the Springs. Looooooong walk. Rollaway is not the old lumpy folding thing but a twin bed with a very thick foam mattress that is as comfortable as the beds. Housekeeping cleaned our room often and were extraordinary. Fun walk to HS and Epcot. Best hotel!!!
Glad you had a great trip!

https://www.mousesteps.com/2020/11/...ize-santa-chocolate-display-returns-for-2020/

Mr. and Mrs. Claus visiting with guests at the Swan and Dolphin​

29_SwanDolphin.jpg

The display is created by Laurent Branlard, the longtime Executive Pastry Chef at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and his pastry team. Branlard is the only two-time winner of the World Pastry Team Championship. There are about 3000 pounds of chocolate within the display.

Last edited:
Just got back from a stay at the Swan. Great experience as always. I recommend walking over to the Yacht club to take their bus to MK. Short walk, only 10 minutes.
Sounds good, 2 great trips!! Thanks for sharing and the info.

https://www.mousesteps.com/2020/11/...ize-santa-chocolate-display-returns-for-2020/

Mr. and Mrs. Claus visiting with guests at the Swan and Dolphin​

29_SwanDolphin.jpg

The display is created by Laurent Branlard, the longtime Executive Pastry Chef at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and his pastry team. Branlard is the only two-time winner of the World Pastry Team Championship. There are about 3000 pounds of chocolate within the display.
That's great! Is the chocolate train new? Don't recall that piece. I wonder what the Dolphin looks like. I wonder if they still have the train there.

Hi.

Our February back to back cruises were canceled and we decided to do 10-14 night Disney stay. We are DVC owners but out of points and thinking of spending one of our weeks at the Swan since I am leaving husband at home (we were at SSR in November) and going with my mom so woud like the two queen beds.

It looks like the Senior rate works best and thinking of booking the most standard balcony room. What cons if any would I have with this kind of room?

I think the second part of our stay will be in the MK area.

Thank you.

Hi.

Our February back to back cruises were canceled and we decided to do 10-14 night Disney stay. We are DVC owners but out of points and thinking of spending one of our weeks at the Swan since I am leaving husband at home (we were at SSR in November) and going with my mom so woud like the two queen beds.

It looks like the Senior rate works best and thinking of booking the most standard balcony room. What cons if any would I have with this kind of room?

I think the second part of our stay will be in the MK area.

Thank you.

Depending on what is going on outside, it may be a little noisy. We had a balcony room during a Run event, and the clapping and yelling started pretty darned early. But I loved having a balcony to go sit on, and drink some wine and do a little reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!