Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

When we were last there in 2016, they took our cell number when we checked in, and sent us a text when the room was ready.
We are most likely skipping MDE and heading right from MCO to the parks via Uber. Does it work more like a normal hotel where I’ll get a room assigned when I check in later that night?

Is there any option for grocery delivery at the Dolphin? I need distilled water for medical equipment and would rather not have to pack it in my suitcase. Thanks!

Is there any option for grocery delivery at the Dolphin? I need distilled water for medical equipment and would rather not have to pack it in my suitcase. Thanks!
So the deal is you can use several, we used Amazon PrimeNow, the key is to avoid being charged for a delivery (based on weight) by the S/D you want to meet the delivery person outside the lobby in the driveway. By not involving the S/D staff you avoid any charges.

The Screen Door shop on the Boardwalk sells it. You can take the Friendship boat there from the Dolphin (about a 10 minute ride, as there will be an intermediate stop at the BC/YC), or you can walk there - also about 10 minutes. Sometimes, people will just bring along their rollaboard bag to transport their groceries back to the room.

So the deal is you can use several, we used Amazon PrimeNow, the key is to avoid being charged for a delivery (based on weight) by the S/D you want to meet the delivery person outside the lobby in the driveway. By not involving the S/D staff you avoid any charges.
Thanks Steve! Is this practice frowned upon by the S/D? I don’t want to be “that person” but I was disappointed when I tried to set up delivery with several local companies and was told S/D doesn’t allow grocery delivery from third parties.

@KLJones1975 The key is you need to meet the driver, otherwise S/D will charge you a per pound handling rate. They've done this for some time. A while back one guest was pretty shocked by the bill.

The other factor is S/D doesn't have, to my knowledge, enough fridge space for groceries.

In my quick check Amazon PrimeNow was still an option to ship to S/D. On this webpage you will find the Handling charges for package delivery, that is assuming you do not meet the driver.

IMHO this is where I see the Disney resorts going to as well. I'm not a fan of it, but I can understand it from a business perspective.

Thanks Steve! Is this practice frowned upon by the S/D? I don’t want to be “that person” but I was disappointed when I tried to set up delivery with several local companies and was told S/D doesn’t allow grocery delivery from third parties.
@KLJones1975 The key is you need to meet the driver, otherwise S/D will charge you a per pound handling rate. They've done this for some time. A while back one guest was pretty shocked by the bill.

The other factor is S/D doesn't have, to my knowledge, enough fridge space for groceries.

In my quick check Amazon PrimeNow was still an option to ship to S/D. On this webpage you will find the Handling charges for package delivery, that is assuming you do not meet the driver.

IMHO this is where I see the Disney resorts going to as well. I'm not a fan of it, but I can understand it from a business perspective.
Agreeing with Steve. No problems. I've actually met our Amazon driver in the lobby. Just so long as you don't have the bell staff involved. Very easy process.

At the Swan, do they give us our Magic Band or do we pick up at Guest Services at a park? Also, will Swan let a scooter be dulivered and picked up from Bell Services or are they like the Disne resorts now where you have to meet the driver in the lobby unless you use that one certain scooter rental? Thanks so much for the help!

At the Swan, do they give us our Magic Band or do we pick up at Guest Services at a park? Also, will Swan let a scooter be dulivered and picked up from Bell Services or are they like the Disne resorts now where you have to meet the driver in the lobby unless you use that one certain scooter rental? Thanks so much for the help!

The Swan and Dolphin do not provide magic bands. Perhaps you purchased a package with tickets through Disney?

We had no problems with a scooter delivery for my wife's knee surgery 2 years ago, but that may have changed recently.

You'll have to buy magic bands at the park or in the Disney services area in the Swan lobby unless you booked a package through Disney. Do you have old ones you could reuse?

Hi I was wondering if teachers from Ireland can avail of the teacher rate or do you have to teach in USA? Thanks for any help :)
Just make sure you compare the “discount” with other prices. Every time I’ve priced it out, it was either only a few dollars cheaper (like $4 a night) or in some cases was actually more money than booking through directly.

We switched over to Swan since it was about $30 less. Not sure it matters but glad the Swan looks to be smaller.

Question though - does Swan/Dolphin do room ready text or alert you on the app? Wondering how to know when the room is ready besides going to the front desk.

You will get a text and you can do advance check in on the BonVoy app. I did it the day before we arrived, asked for a 9 am check in and got a text around 7:30 that our room was already ready. Of course, it was a standard room and our view was of the loading docks between buildings but it was ready.

@luvpoohandcompany does Ireland have such a thing as the AAA (American Automobile Association) I'm not sure if you do or not, or if it would give you any of the AAA benefits, but if you do it might be worth checking out as far as discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter