Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

One more sleep, tonight, and then heading home to the Swan tomorrow with my daughter and two grandsons for a week. Really looking forward to it. :cool1:

Have a wonderful time, Dan! Don't overdo it! Take it slow! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi...I heard when we were there last year they were planning a major overhaul and refurbishment for the resort. Is that still scheduled? Anyone know when it will be done?

Hi...I heard when we were there last year they were planning a major overhaul and refurbishment for the resort. Is that still scheduled? Anyone know when it will be done?

I would also like to know. I heard the new lighting show along the path between the 2 hotels was the first of a huge overhaul for both resorts. Their rooms were outdated 5 years ago. Hopefully they start a complete overhaul of all the guest rooms soon.

They are doing a complete overhaul of all rooms. They actually already have a model room complete that i am touring Saturday. I believe the completion date is Dec 2015 but I'll know after my tour.

They are starting with Swan first.

Dan - I hope you and your family are having a magical vacation! pixiedust:

(but then, how could you not?! ;))

So if we book a stay at the dolphin am I correct that we will not receive magic bands? But can we still make FP+ reservations?

Got back yesterday from a wonderful stay at the Swan. I have to agree that the rooms do need an overhaul. Carpet is looking old and we had peeling paint on the ceiling of the bathroom but overall the hotel looks great. Had awesome housekeeping the entire stay and the room was spotless.

Alrighty---starting to think about next year's vacation (this year we are skipping Disney to go to Yellowstone).

So, I am looking at rates for the Swan/Dolphin for both June 2015 and March 2015; and the rates seem kinda high from what I am used to (pushing $300 a night for basic/no view room). Just wondering if those rates will come down as we get closer; maybe its just too early to get a good sense of what the rates will be? Hopefully???

We just love the Swan/Dolphin. We really don't want to stay anywhere else!

:worried:

I have not but I would think it the same as Disney.

Well we've booked the Dolphin for our first 3 nights in Sept. but I still can't get an answer from anyone at either S/D or Disney as to whether the rolling 60 days will apply to our offsite days. :sad2:

It's frustrating but it is apparent that as helpful as Cm's and res agents try to be they really have no clue as to the in's and out's of FP.

The agent at the Dolphin told me I'd have to check with Disney. Ok that's understandable since it isn't their program.

The first CM I spoke with told me that offsite couldn't book in advance and when I told them that they could book 30 days out he said, no I was wrong. At that point I knew I couldn't rely on anything he said....lol

I called back and spoke with another CM who told me that the 60 days applies only to the onsite portion of a stay at either Disney or S/D, which I also know is inaccurate from all the reports here.

So we still don't know, and its driving me crazy since it will affect our plans. If we can only book 60 days for the onsite portion Im going to be jamming us up with rides etc for the first days and ease off for the rest , but I'd rather spread things out more....grrrrrrrrr. I'd prefer to use 1 of our onsite days just to wander and enjoy the boardwalk, the beach, pools etc.

If anyone knows or is within their 60 day window and has any add'l days left on a longer ticket and could check I would so greatly appreciate it...pretty pls :)

Yes, I am at the swan now and you can book Fastpass + 60 days out. You can link your swan/dolphin reservation to My Disney Experience.

Thanks Maui ...but what I'm asking is whether the 60 days will also apply to the offsite portion of a trip as it does with a Disney Resort. We're doing the Dolphin followed by a Marriott timeshare stay. If we did say, the Boardwalk Inn we'd have 60 days for the whole trip(instead of 60 and then 30) and Im trying to find out if the same holds true with the S/D.

Thanks Maui ...but what I'm asking is whether the 60 days will also apply to the offsite portion of a trip as it does with a Disney Resort. We're doing the Dolphin followed by a Marriott timeshare stay. If we did say, the Boardwalk Inn we'd have 60 days for the whole trip(instead of 60 and then 30) and Im trying to find out if the same holds true with the S/D.

Yes you can! Just returned from our trip, and it worked with no problems! We own at Bonnet Creek, and get Military Tickets. So I booked a 1-nighter at FW for FP+ & Magic Bands. Did online check-in. Linked FP picks to ticket vouchers. Chose FP choices about 40 days in advance just due to timing. Since tickets are good for 14 days, it allowed me to book a 14 day window starting on day of 1-night reservation.

Once we arrived & activated vouchers (2 days before "reservation at FW) it allowed me to book FP for that same day. Still giving a 14 day window.

So- the FP+ follows your ticket length, NOT your stay-Hope this helps a little. No shame in booking a 'ghost ressie' here... It would've been a complete nightmare without it!

Thanks for that but am I correct that FW = Fort Wilderness ? If so I know it will work because that is a Disney property. I'm trying to find out if the same holds true for the Swan/Dolphin which have different rules because they are not . So far from speaking with S/D reservations and Dis CM's I've been told yes, no and maybe in no particular order :rolleyes:

Anyone know if there are coffee makers in the rooms at the Dolphin? If yes, what kind of coffee? Thanks!

Anyone know if there are coffee makers in the rooms at the Dolphin? If yes, what kind of coffee? Thanks!

Yes - Starbucks coffee, single serve coffee makers. Housekeeping will give you more (and tea) if you request additional packages.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just returned Saturday from 8 day stay at the Swan with daugher and grandsons. Only complaint, wish we had a few more days.

The property was great, as always. Rooms were nice, beds were great, Grotto pools nice as always. Food was good. The staff, can say more about them. From Bill, one of the Swan/Dolphin limo drivers, the bell staff, front desk, concierge, restaurant people, all nice as ever.

As mentioned in an earlier post here, I did confirm with bell staff that a complete refurb of the resort will start in June. Swan first, then the Dolphin. Suppose to be complete...rooms, hallways, lobby, etc. He also mentioned that he heard that with the refurb that the Magic Bands would operate the room doors locks, same as the other Disney owned resorts. That would be nice if correct.

Nice to be back, but wish we were still there.

Just returned Saturday from 8 day stay at the Swan with daugher and grandsons. Only complaint, wish we had a few more days.

The property was great, as always. Rooms were nice, beds were great, Grotto pools nice as always. Food was good. The staff, can say more about them. From Bill, one of the Swan/Dolphin limo drivers, the bell staff, front desk, concierge, restaurant people, all nice as ever.

As mentioned in an earlier post here, I did confirm with bell staff that a complete refurb of the resort will start in June. Swan first, then the Dolphin. Suppose to be complete...rooms, hallways, lobby, etc. He also mentioned that he heard that with the refurb that the Magic Bands would operate the room doors locks, same as the other Disney owned resorts. That would be nice if correct.

Nice to be back, but wish we were still there.

He didn't happen to say (or hint) when in June did he? We'll be there 5th-10th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter