Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you for asking this question, as it is one that I hadn't thought of and it, most likely, saved me a TON of future grief. I assumed (ouch) that the Swan had the same TV lineup as the Disney resorts. And as I now know , they don't. This was actually my DW's and DD's reason for deciding against staying here during this trip. Who knew that TV stations, or lack thereof, would be the deciding factor?

Thanks again!

Disney TV is really important to my kids. They love watching safety first with Timon and Pumba. It’s on their list of things to do along with the pool. I find it odd but it’s Disney so 🤷‍♀️

It's not open, yet. I saw that the new quick service food/beverage location is to open this summer. I believe that the gift and sundries shop is not due to open until later this year. Unlike the new QS, there was no anticipated opening date on the sign posted on the temporary construction wall of the shop. There is a Disney gift/sundries shop at the Dolphin, which is just a five minute walk over the causeway, from the Swan. Picabu, also at the Dolphin, has limited sundries, as well as a good selection of food and beverages, and is open 24/7.
View attachment 418055
Thanks so much for the updated info on this. Sounds like it may not be open for our trip i guess but we will know soon i guess.

Thank you for asking this question, as it is one that I hadn't thought of and it, most likely, saved me a TON of future grief. I assumed (ouch) that the Swan had the same TV lineup as the Disney resorts. And as I now know , they don't. This was actually my DW's and DD's reason for deciding against staying here during this trip. Who knew that TV stations, or lack thereof, would be the deciding factor?

Thanks again!
Lol, this same fact has my 12 yr old daughter upset with me for switching from BWI to Swan for our upcoming trip. She loves the Disney TV and is not happy we will not have it at the Swan. We are doing a split stay with the first couple of nights at Port Orleans so i told her she could get her Disney TV fix there as the change in Hotels is saving us like $500 even with adding an extra day on to the trip.

Lol, this same fact has my 12 yr old daughter upset with me for switching from BWI to Swan for our upcoming trip. She loves the Disney TV and is not happy we will not have it at the Swan. We are doing a split stay with the first couple of nights at Port Orleans so i told her she could get her Disney TV fix there as the change in Hotels is saving us like $500 even with adding an extra day on to the trip.

I thought I saw a Youtube video that showed that the Swan has the WDW station where the woman(I forget her name) shows all the attractions and stuff. If that's what your daughter likes she should be fine.

I thought I saw a Youtube video that showed that the Swan has the WDW station where the woman(I forget her name) shows all the attractions and stuff. If that's what your daughter likes she should be fine.
Yeah, my daughter and I saw that too so she is very hopeful that it will be there. When we went to the Swan a year ago that was not the case but we are hopeful that perhaps it has been added to their line up since then.

Hrm, I'll have to go digging for that video and see if that is enough for them.

I don't recall seeing this link, but allears has a list of the resort cable tvs stations Here

Must Do Disney and the Disney Channel are the Disney stations that they carry.

Mod, if I shouldn't have posted that link please delete.

Sorry in advance for the odd question. Do you still get swan boat rentals free with resort fees at Dolphin? My parents are staying there in September and I was wondering if they could take my kids on that. What would I end up paying for my kids? Does anyone know prices?

Sorry in advance for the odd question. Do you still get swan boat rentals free with resort fees at Dolphin? My parents are staying there in September and I was wondering if they could take my kids on that. What would I end up paying for my kids? Does anyone know prices?

Yes I believe they are still part of the resort fee.

Yes I believe they are still part of the resort fee.
Yes for both the Swan & Dolphin and don't forget the Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at the evening Campfire & S'mores event.

Full list of what is included in the "Resort Fee":
  • Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
  • Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
  • 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
  • In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
  • Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
  • Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
  • $30 off spa services of $175 or more - (1) offer per room, per night
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
  • Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at the evening Campfire & S'mores event
Dave

Hi all!

Staying at the Dolphin in September and thinking of doing a half day cabana rental. Has anyone done that and was it an enjoyable experience?

DH and I are going to WDW for our 35th anniversary. We are currently booked at a split stay (2 nights at CBR and then moving to Poly). I just looked and we can stay at Dolphin in a King balcony room for the same price as a King room at CBR. While I know will have to pay for Mears Shuttle to get to Dolphin, I'm thinking it would be a more romantic resort than CBR. We have stayed at both resorts before. I just love the pool at Dolphin and the light - airy colors of the rooms. I'm torn though. Any thoughts?

DH and I are going to WDW for our 35th anniversary. We are currently booked at a split stay (2 nights at CBR and then moving to Poly). I just looked and we can stay at Dolphin in a King balcony room for the same price as a King room at CBR. While I know will have to pay for Mears Shuttle to get to Dolphin, I'm thinking it would be a more romantic resort than CBR. We have stayed at both resorts before. I just love the pool at Dolphin and the light - airy colors of the rooms. I'm torn though. Any thoughts?

CHANGE NOW!!!!

While I know will have to pay for Mears Shuttle to get to Dolphin, I'm thinking it would be a more romantic resort than CBR. We have stayed at both resorts before. I just love the pool at Dolphin and the light - airy colors of the rooms. I'm torn though. Any thoughts?
Yet another vote for switching to the Dolphin. You will then be able to walk around Crecent lake in the evening and / or have great access to Epcot & HS via a Friendship boat ride or a short walk.

Dave

Thank you for your input. I was looking at the Swan too and am wondering if those king rooms are the same size. It appears that the bathrooms are larger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter