Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The Early Am boats...sigh. For the price you are paying for EMM, not sure I'd count on them. I'd suggest Uber if you won't walk.
There SHOULD be early busses for early breakfast ressies.
The resorts have a real time bus arrivals board. If the bus time doesn't work for your plans, an Uber will be there within 5 minutes. It's like magic.
For EMH and EMM, we are rideshare believers. If it can work for you, I'd suggest they are wonderfully priced and extremely fast. Rideshares are not allowed to drop you off at the MK gates, only the ttc (if you use the rideshare to the Contemporary, it's only a ten minute walk to MK from there.)

If you do rent a car, look at the resort parking price.

@louiesmom With the new Extra Extra Magic Hours I would say using Uber/Lyft might be a good idea, that is assuming they don't provide bus transportation for the early morning. Because the Friendship Boats have to sound their horns I'm doubtful that the boats will be running that early, as well as just the darkness.

Personally, with the ability to use Lyft/Uber instead of renting a car I'd do that. You avoid the parking fee as well as the rental/gas costs too. To get to MK take the Uber/Lyft to Bay Lake Towers or The Contemporary and walk over.

I believe AP discount is 5%, while AAA is up to 15%.
I would not cancel CSR till you have booked Swan and have Swan rez listed in MDE.

You are not given complimentary MBs at Swan or Dolphin; you can, however purchase them or use old ones, from a prior visit. You can't open room doors or charge back to the Swan or Dolphin using MBs.

There is a lot of information on their website, as well as their newsletter.

The pools and kids activities are very good.

Disney motorcoaches are available from the resorts to MK and AK, while the Friendship boats will transport you to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The dock is right between the Swan and Dolphin.

There are a few food options at the Swan, but many more at the Dolphin.

You will not find much Disney theming at the Swan and Dolphin, but there are character meals at the Swan.

https://www.swandolphin.com/ebrochure/ebrochure.pdf
https://www.swandolphin.com/kids/index.html

Newsletter sign-up: https://www.swandolphin.com/signup/

This will be our first trip and travelling with two little kids, I think the swan and dolphin will give us more room space. On their website I saw room with fireworks view, can you see fire works from some of the rooms?
Any other advantage to staying at this resort vs. POP.
I would like to buy the MB, just as a keepsake.
We have always been big Beach Club fans, but last year stayed at the Swan with our 6 and 3y/o. Loved it. For transportation we used the hotel transportation. I think it was 75$ each way but well worth it. It was one person just for us so no waiting. He did a stop at a store for us to pick up whatever we wanted. We had saved so much on the rooms that the "free MDE" didn't make a difference. We bought the MB's...even though they don't do as much as on property they were time savers for checking into the park etc. Food options were great. The only thing I will say is we tried Garden Grove for breakfast. By the time we got there only one character was left and only for a few minutes. The nice thing about being on the boardwalk is you could always book Cape May for Breakfast to see characters or Bon Voyage BKFST at Trattorio. Super easy walk. Swan is the first stop of many for busses, so we never found that to be an issue. Walking or boats to Epcot and studios was so easy. We upgraded our room to FW view and saw the HS FW every night we were back in our room. My kids though it was so cool. The pool and arcade were a big hit. After being at the beach club which has the best pool I would say they barely knew the difference. My only complaint is that the prices for S/D seemed to have skyrocketed for our timeframe. We booked again for August but went back to Beach Club because it was actually cheaper!!!!

FYI~ I booked a cabana at the Dolphin (Grotto?) Pool last August for <$200. I called today to book one for November and it was >$400! Needless to say, I didn't book it. Yikes.

My only complaint is that the prices for S/D seemed to have skyrocketed for our timeframe.
FYI~ I booked a cabana at the Dolphin (Grotto?) Pool last August for <$200. I called today to book one for November and it was >$400!
The value side I've seen previously seems to have disappeared, at least for awhile. I am guessing this is due to high occupancy rates or they are just anticipating huge turn out for Star Wars and they feel they can jack up rates as close as they are.

The value side I've seen previously seems to have disappeared, at least for awhile. I am guessing this is due to high occupancy rates or they are just anticipating huge turn out for Star Wars and they feel they can jack up rates as close as they are.
I agree I think everywhere around WDW will hike the prices for a while while the Star Wars craze initially hits.

I agree I think everywhere around WDW will hike the prices for a while while the Star Wars craze initially hits.

Prices are definitely crazy everywhere after Star Wars opens. We just booked the Dolphin through Costco travel for end of September/beginning of October and for 6 nights it was $290 more than Pop Century - and that was with us opting to pay $90 extra for the refundable rate at the Dolphin just in case something came up.

Right now is the lowest prices I am seeing for S/D but we are afraid that it might be too hot and humid for us to enjoy and it will stress us and the kids. The second option for us in first week of October but the prices are double and the Star Wars crowd. Will the crowds only be for HS or for all the parks?

If I book rooms for November now and the prices go down or I find another deal, can I cancel my reservations without penalty?

If I book rooms for November now and the prices go down or I find another deal, can I cancel my reservations without penalty?

If you didn't book a nonrefundable rate - then yes. Be sure to double check at top you click on "Standard" rate box.

I booked my week right after SW opening was announced b/c I was concerned about rate increases. There was an initial rate change lower so I rebooked the week and cancelled the old week. For the Standard rates you generally have until 5 days before to cancel. Just make sure you read the fine print.

FYI~ I booked a cabana at the Dolphin (Grotto?) Pool last August for <$200. I called today to book one for November and it was >$400! Needless to say, I didn't book it. Yikes.

Holy smokes. I can't believe it was over $400!!! I can only assume that they are anticipating heavy (and stupid) Star Wars crowds after it opens. We're going in October but used points.

I'm starting to wonder if crowds will be as heavy as they are anticipating. I'm ok if they aren't lol.

DD booked the Costco's April Hot Buy at the Swan. She was supposed to get a resort view balcony room. She checked in today and just got to the room. It has no balcony and a view of a roof (although she can see Tower of Terror). Swan told her she got what Costco booked but offered to moved her to a low floor balcony with a king bed or to refund her the difference in the price. A king bed won't work. Costco says the issue is on the Swan - that her package was nonrefundable so it is booked directly with the Swan just through Costco travel. She went back down and is waiting to hear from a manager. Not what she wants to be dealing with on vacation and her DS's graduation trip! Has anyone had a problem with booking through Costco? Any advice on how to get this resolved quickly?

DD booked the Costco's April Hot Buy at the Swan. She was supposed to get a resort view balcony room. She checked in today and just got to the room. It has no balcony and a view of a roof (although she can see Tower of Terror). Swan told her she got what Costco booked but offered to moved her to a low floor balcony with a king bed or to refund her the difference in the price. A king bed won't work. Costco says the issue is on the Swan - that her package was nonrefundable so it is booked directly with the Swan just through Costco travel. She went back down and is waiting to hear from a manager. Not what she wants to be dealing with on vacation and her DS's graduation trip! Has anyone had a problem with booking through Costco? Any advice on how to get this resolved quickly?

Any luck resolving the issue? I have used Costco Travel for Disney Cruises, but not for hot Swan, though we are Starwood/Marriott members. We love the resort - that really stinks hey are not coming through for you.

Any luck resolving the issue? I have used Costco Travel for Disney Cruises, but not for hot Swan, though we are Starwood/Marriott members. We love the resort - that really stinks hey are not coming through for you.

The manager at the Swan has taken care of DD and DGS. They are moving them to an Epcot view with a balcony today. Very pleased with Swan. Not so much with Costco. My thoughts are that the problem was Costco's fault. Both are blaming each other but the Swan showed great customer service where Costco did nothing to help. DD said she will deal with Costco when she gets home. Will think long and hard before I book travel through them again. But would not hesitate to stay at the Swan again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter