Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We rent a car from national -- a one-way rental both ways. It's easy to do. From the airport I can drop the family and bags at the Swan and then drop the car off with the valet at the Dolphin and they handle the return. On the way back, I usually grab the car the night before since we take an early flight. IIRC the rental desk closes at 4pm. For our easter trip I got @$60 for each trip, which is cheap, no tip required, and I can make a grocery stop.

I didn't know about Mears, Is there usually much of a wait to leave? And how long does the trip usually take? Is there stops that are not close to Disney? Sorry for all of the questions!
As the Swan and Dolphin are on the far end, they are usually the last stops, after other stops in the Disney Springs area. It all depends on who else is on your shuttle. The ride, itself, is about one hour, from the time the van pulls out. Again, this depends on how many others are onboard, and where they are going; it could be shorter or longer.

The service is dependable, with pricing and reservations here: https://reserve.mearstransportation.com/#/shuttle
If you decide to book online, an email confirmation will be sent.

The driver is normally tipped about 20%, and he will load and unload bags for you.

After claiming any checked bags, report to the Mears desk on the first floor of MCO, either on "A" or "B" side - whichever is your arrival side. There is a kiosk to either scan your barcode confirmation or enter the number. The kiosk will then print your boarding pass and receipt. There is always staff there, for any needed assistance. At that point, you will go outside to the area directed and present your boarding pass to the Mears person at the desk. They will put you on the list and tell you to wait, for no more than 20 minutes for your ride. You will be given a pager, and your boarding pass will be returned. There are benches for waiting with your bags. When the pager vibrates, return it to the desk - your shuttle will be ready to board. Just hand the BP to your driver, along with any bags, and tell him your destination.

That's it. It may sound complicated, but the worst part is grabbing any checked bags you have and then taking the elevator to the first floor to Mears. Follow the ground transportation signs. Mears is located on the far end, just past the rental cars.

Thank you for all of the information! I am going to look into both options, we are nurses so we can usually get great rates there. When we stayed there we had a fabulous view and room. I was completely sold!

Thank you for all of the information! I am going to look into both options, we are nurses so we can usually get great rates there. When we stayed there we had a fabulous view and room. I was completely sold!
If there are several of you, Mears will not be the least expensive option. You may be better off either with a rental car or a car service, which will also provide a shorter, more comfortable ride.

Enjoy your trip!

What transportation does everyone use from the airport? We had a wonderful stay at the Dolphin a couple of years ago (split stay from Disney), but we had a uncomfortable ride back to airport per uber. We planning a short trip for Villains night and want to return to Swan/Dolphin, but these transfers are making me hesitant! Help I am spoiled to Magical Express .... thanks in advance
I have used FL Tours multiple times and can highly recommend them. They certainly aren't the cheapest option but they do provide a great service.

I have a question about adding a day. My aunt and uncle are staying May 4-7 at either the Swan or Dolphin (can't remember which they booked, Uncle works for Marriott so they get rooms for about $35 a night). They would like to add an additional night and check out on the 8th. When they first asked about it a month ago they were quoted $4000ish, this was even through the employee program! Now when I check through the Disney website it still says it's about $1000 to add an additional night because it automatically adds park tickets. Am I missing something? Am I asking the wrong question when calling for help? Why are these two hotels forcing a package instead of just a room? These two hotels are the only ones coming up this way.

I have a question about adding a day. My aunt and uncle are staying May 4-7 at either the Swan or Dolphin (can't remember which they booked, Uncle works for Marriott so they get rooms for about $35 a night). They would like to add an additional night and check out on the 8th. When they first asked about it a month ago they were quoted $4000ish, this was even through the employee program! Now when I check through the Disney website it still says it's about $1000 to add an additional night because it automatically adds park tickets. Am I missing something? Am I asking the wrong question when calling for help? Why are these two hotels forcing a package instead of just a room? These two hotels are the only ones coming up this way.
You need to look at www. marriott.com. Do not look at Disney's site. I see rates starting under $250 per nite for May 8 at the Swan - Dolphin may not be available. You can check discounts for senior, AAA, and member rates.

Disney only sells Dolphin/Swan packages. Room only bookings on Marriott site or thru TA.

Last edited:
Thank you, I didn't realize Disney only sold packages. For some reason for the past month or so even when they called Marriott directly it was only giving them packages. Now it says there is no availability at all so they will just have to drive back to my house that night instead of staying another night and driving home in the morning.

Hi everyone! We’ve just decided to return WDW the first weekend of October after taking my daughter on her first trip last March and staying at the Swan. We loved it!

This time we are doing a split stay at the Swan and AKL (our daughter really loves animals and wants to experience the savanna view).

Last time we used points at the Swan and “paid” a few extra to get a deluxe balcony with an Epcot view. This year my husband is traveling a ton and has high tier platinum status, so I am thinking of taking our chances on a room upgrade. Does anyone have recent experience on room upgrades with platinum status?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! We’ve just decided to return WDW the first weekend of October after taking my daughter on her first trip last March and staying at the Swan. We loved it!

This time we are doing a split stay at the Swan and AKL (our daughter really loves animals and wants to experience the savanna view).

Last time we used points at the Swan and “paid” a few extra to get a deluxe balcony with an Epcot view. This year my husband is traveling a ton and has high tier platinum status, so I am thinking of taking our chances on a room upgrade. Does anyone have recent experience on room upgrades with platinum status?

Thanks in advance!
I have platinum elite as well and in January I was upgraded to a Grand Suite at the dolphin. Basically, this had a big kitchen table (no kitchen) large L shaped sofa with TV, refrigerator, and most importantly an entire extra bathroom with a stand up shower. In addition to that, we had a connecting "regular" room with no balcony. For three of of us it was a ton of space and we loved every minute of it.

In March I did not receive an upgrade as they were pretty full at the resort so it is really a luck of the draw kind of thing.

Personally, given you are doing a split stay and are likely spending a few pretty pennies on AKL...I would take the "risk" and see if they upgrade you. You can always ask at the desk when you check in. The worst they can say is no.

Have a great time!

Thanks in advance!

In September I was upgraded to the same room listed above, except we had 2 balconies and a fireworks view. It was a nice surprise. They also offered a comped breakfast or points. I took the points because I'm on a pretty strict diet and didn't plan on eating at the hotel.

We are titanium elite and have a Marriott credit card.

I have platinum elite as well and in January I was upgraded to a Grand Suite at the dolphin. Basically, this had a big kitchen table (no kitchen) large L shaped sofa with TV, refrigerator, and most importantly an entire extra bathroom with a stand up shower. In addition to that, we had a connecting "regular" room with no balcony. For three of of us it was a ton of space and we loved every minute of it.

In March I did not receive an upgrade as they were pretty full at the resort so it is really a luck of the draw kind of thing.

Personally, given you are doing a split stay and are likely spending a few pretty pennies on AKL...I would take the "risk" and see if they upgrade you. You can always ask at the desk when you check in. The worst they can say is no.

Have a great time!
We have a 2 night stay in about 2 weeks at Dolphin. I am platinum for probably the first and last time and have been debating trying the suite upgrade certificates. I really have zero plans for them right now so I feel like, why not? :laughing:

We have a 2 night stay in about 2 weeks at Dolphin. I am platinum for probably the first and last time and have been debating trying the suite upgrade certificates. I really have zero plans for them right now so I feel like, why not? :laughing:
I am fortunate to visit WDW (from PA) about 5 or so times a year and I generally like to stay at either the Swalphin or a Disney Deluxe Resort. Given that I have the Marriott Credit Card and that I stay at the Swalphin so much I am able to keep my Platinum status each year just by making sure I stay at a Marriott brand hotel whenever I travel elsewhere. Not sure why anyone would travel elsewhere but just saying :rotfl2:

Hello! The Dolphin has many first floor rooms with veranda (i.e balcony on ground level :)), however, does Swan have any first floor rooms with verandas? I can't seem to recall any at the Swan. We are frequent Swan/Dolphin visitors, but I can't remember. Can anyone help? TIA!

Thanks, everyone! This is helpful. I'm also wondering about using the suite upgrade certificates since we really have no plans for them either. I go back and forth between taking our chances and guaranteeing a better room/view -- goodness knows we have points to spare and they keep piling up. We sure did love our fireworks room last time. Between status and the SPG credit card (we haven't been switched over yet after the merger).

I'm looking forward to being back at the Swan, but am a bit nervous about Star Wars Galaxy Edge crowds ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter