Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Happy to help, document everything and keep names of who you talk with. I wouldn't do this online if you can help it, calling a real human might be best.

Well of course it couldn't be so simple. They were more than helpful, but in the end my account shows a correct balance with no record of the transaction. I do have a cancellation number and screenshots of all my history before and after. But the email and texts to 2 separate emails and 2 phone numbers to confirm never came through. The reservationist just encouraged me to make sure I take screenshots and keep it all.

ETA: I was on the phone with S/D in house for an unrelated reservation. She would not even consider touching my points reservation for fear of the points getting lost. I called the Marriott Rewards line

I hope that nobody was planning on booking a room at the Swan for 02.10.19. Marriott is quoting a Traditional two Queen room with no view at $1959 + resort fee and taxes, per night. You don’t want to know what the room rate is for a Deluxe room with resort view and balcony.

On the other hand, Expedia is quoting a discounted rate of $305 + taxes and fee, for the same night/room type. Think Marriott has some issues?

I hope that nobody was planning on booking a room at the Swan for 02.10.19. Marriott is quoting a Traditional two Queen room with no view at $1959 + resort fee and taxes, per night. You don’t want to know what the room rate is for a Deluxe room with resort view and balcony.

On the other hand, Expedia is quoting a discounted rate of $305 + taxes and fee, for the same night/room type. Think Marriott has some issues?
I had a similar experience with my May dates at the Swan. The S/D site only had a King Room available at the pre-pay rate of $604/night!

I was ready to give up but I found an air/hotel package with Southwest, where the room rate worked out to $195/night ($254 with taxes/fees).

Those crazy rates may make some people may give up on the Marriott properties and go elsewhere.

Wow - only been gone a month and soooooooo many pages to get through! After SO much thinking and wavering and going back and forth between a mid-December trip, booking BC DVC or Dolphin, to giving up on WDW altogether for 2019 and planning to do DLR instead, to a WDW August trip to a WDW Xmas trip, we have settled on a 5 night stay at Dolphin during xmas week. I'm waiting to book exact dates until I can see flight options which should be out in a week or so (we try to only fly United).

Anway - I understand the crowd situation during xmas (haven't experienced it though) and I understand the opening of SWGE could REALLY impact things, but, what I'm still not 100% confident is the choice between last week of August vs December break. I hate the heat - hate hate hate hate hate hate hate. I could never imagine being at WDW - walking, crowds, baking in the sun, keeping my patience with the kids - I think I would pass out. But - could that be better than xmas week crowds? We choose Dolphin specifically to be able to walk to EP and HS - can I even handle that walk in August???? If xmas week, we would hopefully participate in 3 days of CL FPs and plan early morning park visits, a resort break, and epcot or HS at night.

The other thing I'm not fully versed on is: we stayed in a Deluxe Alcove with Connecting Double at Dolphin - so much space. Most likely will book that again, but considering a Premium Studio instead (just wish that was a full wall!). Are there similar room set ups at Swan? Any of them have a full walled suite?

OK - so - August or Xmas week?

@JJ2017 tough call between the two. August+Heat or Christmas+Star Wars+Mega Crowds. Having lived in Missouri for a while I totally understand the heat and humidity, I live in the Desert now and even when its 105° its a dry heat. After seeing the crowd photos around this past Christmas I can not imagine how crazy it will be with adding in Star Wars, I guess the good thing is that maybe, just maybe it will pull some of the crowds out of Magic Kingdom.

I'd almost be leaning to August, with all the deals they've been offering that might help to balance out the heat.

We're going to Disneyland this summer, after Star Wars opens so I'll have some idea how crazy it can be.

I hate the heat - hate hate hate hate hate hate hate. I could never imagine being at WDW - walking, crowds, baking in the sun, keeping my patience with the kids - I think I would pass out. But - could that be better than xmas week crowds? We choose Dolphin specifically to be able to walk to EP and HS - can I even handle that walk in August????
I'd almost be leaning to August,

We did August in 2017. Some thoughts here.....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...is-it-as-bad-decision-made-page-5-81.3601749/

Does anyone have recent experience booking a stay at the Swan/Dolphin followed by an onsite stay (room-only) with annual passes. Ours would be one night at Swan followed by 6 nights at Boardwalk. Let's say both hotel stays show up in MDE. I'm curious about whether everything works fine with fastpass selection at the 60-day mark for the entirety of the two reservations.

I've read the fastpass threads, so I know that if it was two onsite stays (room-only) with annual passes, then everything would be fine. I didn't know if having it as Swan/Dolphin causes any challenges.

OK - so - August or Xmas week?

After reading your post, honestly, don't go unless you have a real, real, expectation for what you can do. Paying that much money and being miserable is just not in my agenda. I honestly wouldn't go to Wallyworld until the fanfare dies down. The money involved is not worth the stress. You know you and yours best. I know me and mine are not going in 2019. We usually try for fall, early Nov, - sometime before the bird day crowds - still 80 degrees, but "lower" crowds. No chance we're going this year. I'm pretty sure the SW peeps are gonna be out in full force - like camping out at DHS entrance, if possible.

August for me, is a big no, as well. Way too hot. Again, the money for the misery, nope, just not worth it for me.

@rn448698 Sorry I can't help much. My Travel Agent talks about doing this when you stay at two Disney hotels, but I'm not sure how it would work with SD/BW. If it can work with two Disney properties I can's see why it wouldn't work though. I hope you find the answer!

Does anyone have recent experience booking a stay at the Swan/Dolphin followed by an onsite stay (room-only) with annual passes. Ours would be one night at Swan followed by 6 nights at Boardwalk. Let's say both hotel stays show up in MDE. I'm curious about whether everything works fine with fastpass selection at the 60-day mark for the entirety of the two reservations.

I've read the fastpass threads, so I know that if it was two onsite stays (room-only) with annual passes, then everything would be fine. I didn't know if having it as Swan/Dolphin causes any challenges.
I don’t have APs but have done split stay with Poly then Dolphin with hopper tickets. No problem. Swan/Dolphin IS staying onsite.

I have a standard room booked on points for a future trip. What are my options to upgrade using either cash or points that would allow me to book the extra club level FPs?

I have a standard room booked on points for a future trip. What are my options to upgrade using either cash or points that would allow me to book the extra club level FPs?

To book you really need to call the S/D direct; 407.934.4000 you want to avoid getting the call center; ask for In-House Reservations.

Here are a couple of post that may help you;
URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-274#post-58985686"]Post from Seth141 about how to actually book[/URL]
Post from JJ217 about getting their room
Post from JJ2017 about what rooms qualify

This is what I have been told when you book a standard room and you want to upgrade to a suite (just for the upgrade itself or to get into a category that qualifies you for CL FP):

$90/night for Deluxe Alcove
$130/night for Premium Studio
$200/night to have a connecting room - considered one total suite

Def call In-House reservations to do this and get clear answers. This info was early fall of 2018. I'm hoping pricing has changed much since we are booking very soon!

Changes to AMEX Starwood Business card, and fee bumped from $95 to $125.

images

Beginning February 13, Marriott Bonvoy™ is the new name for Marriott's loyalty program. It replaces Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®.

Your Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Card from American Express is also getting a new name and fresh look. Introducing the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card.

REST ASSURED.

images

Your current Card will continue to work, and you'll still have access to the same benefits offered on your Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Card from American Express once you receive the new Card design.

OTHER CHANGES TO YOUR CARD.

After your next renewal date on or after March 28, 2019, your Card's annual fee will increase to $125. We will send you a separate notice with additional information about this change to your annual membership fee, including when this fee change will affect you.*

images

Effective on March 28, 2019: Card Members will receive an additional Free Night Award after spending $60,000 on purchases on the Card in a calendar year. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 points) at a participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.¹

See Your Benefits

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing @Dan Murphy I used to carry the Amex Starwood card and the point rate was really good, but under the new plan it's not attractive enough to get me to carry the Amex again, plus now that Costco kicked Amex to the curb I have very little need.

We went to cancel our Starwood AMEX and they gave us more points for staying on....but it's coming up to cancel for real before the annual fee hits. Any strategy for this?

Have a Dolphin reservation for check in 8/2/19 check out 8/11/19. This morning I was able to book my ADR's for 180+10 like normal; however, I called Disney to book BBB for my daughter (cannot book online, need to book through experiences) and they have no record of my reservation.

I've been working through various cast members for the past hour and a half. They tell me that my ADR's are valid (which is good since I have to pre-pay for some of them lol) but they have no record of my Dolphin resort reservation.

Everything is linked through MDE (which is where I made my dining reservations) - shows the confirmation number and the correct dates.

Has anyone run into this before? How can MDE allow me to make dining reservations 188 days out; however, Disney's own IT has no record of my resort reservation?

Edit: update- after two hours on the phone I was told that for “experiences” if you are staying at the swan and dolphin, then you do not get a 180+10 reservation window, but rather that you have to call at exactly 180 days. This was news to me.

Last edited:
Edit: update- after two hours on the phone I was told that for “experiences” if you are staying at the swan and dolphin, then you do not get a 180+10 reservation window, but rather that you have to call at exactly 180 days. This was news to me.
Over the pages here on this thread, it seems like some people get the 180+10, others do not...hit or miss, luck of the draw, etc. Sounds you you did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!