Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@luvmarypoppins I did a quick look and see a lot of availability for points, May appears to be a 50,000 points month. You might try another browser. Are you logged in with your Marriott rewards account on Marriott.com?

I've never used the airline miles like that, when I have looked the conversion rate wasn't very good, in fact I'd saw it was awful in my situation.

No not Marriott points. This is American Airlines advantage points.

Yes it's not a good use of points but my dh travels a lot so he"s ok with using the points this way. We will probably end up using them at the YC/BC and maybe do a few days at the Swan.

Hey there! Just needing to ask this question out loud to you all even though I THINK I know the answer. We bought etickets from Undercover Tourist and linked them to our MDE. We also have our Swan reservation linked to MDE. We got magic bands for xmas that I will link as well. SO...this means that not having a hard ticket is OK, and we should just need a hotel key and our magic bands and we're set?

I have 3 tickets and a res for 3 at Swan. However, on MDE it lists 3 people at Swan but only linked two of us. Tix show for all 3. Will I still be able to make FP for all 3 of us at 60 days?

@CyndiLouWho I would think you are ok, is the other person that isn't showing a minor? If you in doubt I'd call. Fact that the name shows up is a good sign.

@CyndiLouWho I would think you are ok, is the other person that isn't showing a minor? If you in doubt I'd call. Fact that the name shows up is a good sign.
It’s my DH. DS and I show with hotel and tix. DH has tix only. I called Marriott, they made sure all names are on res. Disney says it’s Marriott’s issue. Or IT. :confused3 Not helpful.

I have 3 tickets and a res for 3 at Swan. However, on MDE it lists 3 people at Swan but only linked two of us. Tix show for all 3. Will I still be able to make FP for all 3 of us at 60 days?
It’s my DH. DS and I show with hotel and tix. DH has tix only. I called Marriott, they made sure all names are on res. Disney says it’s Marriott’s issue. Or IT. :confused3 Not helpful.
I would call Swan in-house reservations (not Marriott) and ask them to please resend your hotel reservation info to Disney. After a couple of weekdays, try MDE again. If that did not fix the problem, I would then call Disney website support. They can escalate the problem.

I have had good luck with both of those options.

Holy buckets that’s a lot of miles- you could fly two people round trip in business class to Europe/Asia for that many miles lol
It is but Chicago to China for me is minimum 140k miles for one person in Biz. That’s 4 nights for about 200k miles and if you have a lot of miles, I guess it might make sense.

Can you add him in MDE? When we stayed at the Swan, we did so on points, and they're in DH's name. Well, my husband only put himself on the reservation (because he's used to just booking in his name, which is fine when we're not at Disney with things like Fast Passes to consider), so we had to go through calling the Swan and getting myself and the kids added to the reservation. After that, DH was still the only one showing up in MDE by name, but after a few days, we had unnamed other people on the reservation. I manually selected myself and the kids as the others, and after that MDE recognized our reservation there. I actually never even showed our room keys during EMH because our magic bands liked us to the Swan reservation the same way any on-site guest would have his/her reservation recognized by the CM's scanner.

Can you add him in MDE? When we stayed at the Swan, we did so on points, and they're in DH's name. Well, my husband only put himself on the reservation (because he's used to just booking in his name, which is fine when we're not at Disney with things like Fast Passes to consider), so we had to go through calling the Swan and getting myself and the kids added to the reservation. After that, DH was still the only one showing up in MDE by name, but after a few days, we had unnamed other people on the reservation. I manually selected myself and the kids as the others, and after that MDE recognized our reservation there. I actually never even showed our room keys during EMH because our magic bands liked us to the Swan reservation the same way any on-site guest would have his/her reservation recognized by the CM's scanner.
MDE won’t let me add anyone. The res is already linked with me, DS and “guest 3” 30 minutes with Disney IT today and tech couldn’t fix it either. She did say it looks like I can still book his FPs though. Hope she’s right bc FP day is next Tuesday

Just a quick FYI - I've been getting notes from SPG and Marriott to merge my accounts, BUT I emailed in to them and expressed my concern about my Swan reservation that was made before the point valuation change, telling them I wanted to make sure nothing would happen to the reservation if I combined the accounts and they straight up told me not to do it. So if you were on the fence about combining accounts, wait if you can.

Has anyone stayed in the Alcove suites in the Dolphin? Do they have 2 doubles or a King? Thanks!

Also, if staying in an Alcove suite do you have access to the CL extra FP+ program?

Never mind - you do! Just called DSS to confirm.

Last edited:
Just a quick FYI - I've been getting notes from SPG and Marriott to merge my accounts, BUT I emailed in to them and expressed my concern about my Swan reservation that was made before the point valuation change, telling them I wanted to make sure nothing would happen to the reservation if I combined the accounts and they straight up told me not to do it. So if you were on the fence about combining accounts, wait if you can.
Really? I merged accounts back in August. My preexisting Swan res had no problems. Still booked. I also have upcoming Westin and SpringHill Suites reservations, both booked on points.

Really? I merged accounts back in August. My preexisting Swan res had no problems. Still booked. I also have upcoming Westin and SpringHill Suites reservations, both booked on points.

My accounts are merged too. I decided to call and check up on my upcoming points reservations at the Dolphin. The reservations are good to go. I talked to reservations at the hotel, then at Marriott, and decided to ask if they could verify everything at a higher level so I ended up talking to someone in guest retention. All is well.

My accounts are merged too. I decided to call and check up on my upcoming points reservations at the Dolphin. The reservations are good to go. I talked to reservations at the hotel, then at Marriott, and decided to ask if they could verify everything at a higher level so I ended up talking to someone in guest retention. All is well.
Mine are all clearly visible in app and on website, all booked with points. Swan res also linked in MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter