Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Question reagrding EMH.
DH is going to a conference and I will be staying with him to go to the parks. He will not be going, but I want to do EMH. I have not linked the reservation in MDE because there have been so many issues with the hotel(quadruple charging for several months in advance, losing reservations, taking weeks to respond for just the starter). Other spouses who are coming along have told me that linking the reservation has been a nightmare/disaster.
I was going to try anyway because I really want to do EMH while there, but, given the problems the others are having, I was actually just thinking not to bother. I thought this would mean that I would not get into EMH, but, if I understand correctly, all I need to do is show my keycard when coming into the park? Do they scan it or something? Or is it literally just looking to see if you are carrying one?

Based on our experience in late November (and it’s been the same for us every time before that) they just looked at a physical key card (only needed one for our party). They did not need or ask to scan anything. You should be fine without linking to MDE for EMH.

Questions, we have questions!

We had more questions, but got answers to a few of them already in this thread, but 8000 replies is alot to wade through!

Staying at the Dolphin in just under 2 weeks for 6 nights. Wanted Swan but the convention there never released rooms. Both hotels are full for our week, but we got in on SPG points prior to the devalue.

I believe I can walk to Epcot in about 15-20 minutes. Is that correct? And get in that way for Extra Magic hours?
What's the best way to get to MK, AK, and HS? We prefer monorail/boat to bus options, if possible. Combined with walking 15-20 minutes is ok, too.
Anyplace near to Dolphin where we can get quick and healthy b'fast options, including fresh fruit?
Is Mears the best way to get from MCO to Dolphin? We are arriving/departing separately so will all be solo trips. Need to book in advance?

Many thanks for all your help!

@Peculiar Penguin
yes you can walk to both Epcot & DHS, or take the boat if you prefer.
To MK/AK we took the bus, never had an issue and we were there last year in January. The bus is shared from Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin when its slow. If Epcot is open and if you have Park Hopper you can walk through Epcot to get on the monorail, but you will had a fair amount of time doing that.
For food, we ate at Picabu but might not be your thing. Also check out Fresh Mediterranean Market, it might be more what you are looking for. Many locations offer a AAA discount so its worth checking into.
We took Lyft from MCO to the Swan, ran about $35 with tip. In the past we've used Town Car service too. I think Mears runs $37 per person round trip.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/picabu/index.html
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/fresh/index.html

Questions, we have questions!

We had more questions, but got answers to a few of them already in this thread, but 8000 replies is alot to wade through!

Staying at the Dolphin in just under 2 weeks for 6 nights. Wanted Swan but the convention there never released rooms. Both hotels are full for our week, but we got in on SPG points prior to the devalue.

I believe I can walk to Epcot in about 15-20 minutes. Is that correct? And get in that way for Extra Magic hours?
What's the best way to get to MK, AK, and HS? We prefer monorail/boat to bus options, if possible. Combined with walking 15-20 minutes is ok, too.
Anyplace near to Dolphin where we can get quick and healthy b'fast options, including fresh fruit?
Is Mears the best way to get from MCO to Dolphin? We are arriving/departing separately so will all be solo trips. Need to book in advance?

Many thanks for all your help!
Walk to Epcot is about 15 minutes, yes. And yes for EMH also. International Gateway is the Epcot entrance for the Epcot resorts.

MK and AK, bus. I've never had a problem. HS, walk or boat. Walk is about 15 there also. (not for me though)

Fresh Mediterranean Market is excellent for breakfast. You can eat very healthy there if you want to, or unhealthy also. :)

Mears works but I would probably Uber/Lyft.

Enjoy!!

It could be a view of a rooftop or the front drive. There is a range and not necessarily terrible. I have had Traditional room views that were fine - just not quite as scenic as the upgraded views.

Bingo! If you scroll through everything here you'll views or roof tops or other buildings, but you won't see water, fireworks, etc. I think so far I've only seen 2 photos that I really have to question why they were charged full price, truly awful view of a roof top and a/c units.

Here are a few I found, thankfully these are not as common as better views, but you do get what you pay for.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-369#post-59755623
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-261#post-58883328
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-354#post-59625334

I’m sorry, all I can hear when I read this is the following...

And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors… which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out!”

:laughing:

I posted this, peviously, for my “Resort View” room at the Swan.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-369#post-59759398
Thanks for your replies, everyone! I appreciate your help.

Thanks very much, Steve and Dan!

Did you chose Lyft/Uber vs. Mears for time reasons? Or just comfort of a private car instead of the bus? We don't mind spending a bit more for comfort and ease of transport

Questions, we have questions

Epcot walk in 15 minutes would be a pretty leisurely pace, and yes, the International Gateway is open for Magic Hours.

You can boat or walk to Epcot or DHS. I'd bus to MK. I'd bus or rideshare to AK.

Breakfast: FUEL!, Picabu, Fresh Med, and Garden Grove are all in Swan/Dolphin. Fuel's sandwiches might seem pricey - I didn't have any of the breakfast sandwiches, but lemme tell ya - their deli sandwiches seemed worth the price. They were VERY good.

I used Uber instead of Mears. From what I recall, rideshare is cheaper for more than one person. Don't rule out a one way car rental if you can score a good price, either. There are a few companies that you can return your car at the valet, so no parking fee - just one way from the airport.

I have done a couple of searches and can't see to find how to identify the Swan or Dolphin for the Hotwire deal. I know I've read it before, but it was a long time ago. Would anyone be so kind as to copy and paste it to me, or to give me a link to the info? TIA

Did you chose Lyft/Uber vs. Mears for time reasons? Or just comfort of a private car instead of the bus? We don't mind spending a bit more for comfort and ease of transport
Price and convenience. We only needed it one way, so for two of us it would have been over $50 on Mears with tip, and we'd probably bounce to at least one more hotel if not more. So for less money and door to door service Lyft was our choice.

I have done a couple of searches and can't see to find how to identify the Swan or Dolphin for the Hotwire deal. I know I've read it before, but it was a long time ago. Would anyone be so kind as to copy and paste it to me, or to give me a link to the info? TIA

Steve beat me to it. The only thing I will add is that Hotwire seems hit or miss lately on whether they are displaying the number of reviews so you can cross check. If you find that the number of reviews is “missing” and have time to spare and want to be most certain, I’d recommend checking back over the course of several days and using different browser windows.

Does anyone have additional info abt swan and dolphin AP rates... i am struggling to find an example of what a “good deal” would be and not crazy about having to deal with the pressure of booking on the phone without more info... Can rates in the $150-200 range be had or am i delusional?

Does anyone have additional info abt swan and dolphin AP rates... i am struggling to find an example of what a “good deal” would be and not crazy about having to deal with the pressure of booking on the phone without more info... Can rates in the $150-200 range be had or am i delusional?
AP discount is only 5% at Swan and Dolphin. The best room only discounts are Senior and AAA, which can be booked online, while AP rate can't.

I understand the frustration, I really wish that S/D wouldn't force users to play the games, give me a great limited time rate, but they don't. For AP rates all you need to do is call. I see some deals posted as low as $150, but I haven't seen those in a while and I haven't found deals like that for the dates I've needed. You can see $149 listed here https://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-resorts.htm but when you click on the link its $249 go figure.

Connecting rooms would be great if the price is right..2 tvs, 2 bathrooms.....any idea what the policy or track record is concerning connecting rooms? As in, can it be guaranteed? Or at least accommodated most of the time?

When the time comes, I will certainly call....responses to my question give me the impression that the phone staff is knowledgeable.

My connecting room request was NOT met, and we couldn't even get rooms next to each other, despite being Marriott/Starwood Gold, requesting it through concierge 10 days in advance, and staying at the Dolphin many times over the past few years.

So I definitely would not count on it.

My connecting room request was NOT met, and we couldn't even get rooms next to each other, despite being Marriott/Starwood Gold, requesting it through concierge 10 days in advance, and staying at the Dolphin many times over the past few years.

So I definitely would not count on it.

Sounds frustrating :worried: duly noted!

If you haven't yet heard the old Marriott Rewards and SPG names and programs will be retired on February 13th, with the new program called Marriott Bonvoy. There is some helpful info over on The Points Guy about the new Categories that start in March, this might have an impact on SwanDolphin, but at this point it's hard to say.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/marriott-bonvoy-launch-date/

Marriott Bonvoy Announcement
https://meetmarriottbonvoy.marriott.com/
Thanks for the heads up and links, Steve.

Anyone use airline miles to book these hotels?

In the past we have not had a problem but since the merger the rooms seem practically non existent.

The S/D also had a little ad somewhere to book certain "hot" dates. I figured those were probably non convention dates. Nothing available.

Ok I just read about the points /program merger thing? Maybe that could be a reason? I have tried several dates in May. sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!