Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

After numerous calls and chats we FINALLY have our Dolphin reservation showing up in MDE!!!!!

Congrats! I’m facing the same battle- multiple calls and still not linked- need to get it linked by the end of the month for ADR purposes!

I noticed the reservation number on MDE is showing the old one. Marriott sent me email with new reservation#. Do I need to change it on my DME or leave as is? :confused3 I don't want to mess up anything. TIA

I noticed the reservation number on MDE is showing the old one. Marriott sent me email with new reservation#. Do I need to change it on my DME or leave as is? :confused3 I don't want to mess up anything. TIA

This happened to us with our stay the weekend before Christmas. I noticed a day or two before we left that Marriott had updated confirmation numbers. I never changed it in MDE and didn't have any problems at the hotel or with our tickets/fast passes/restaurant reservations. I did keep a print out of the reservations but didn't need it.

This happened to us with our stay the weekend before Christmas. I noticed a day or two before we left that Marriott had updated confirmation numbers. I never changed it in MDE and didn't have any problems at the hotel or with our tickets/fast passes/restaurant reservations. I did keep a print out of the reservations but didn't need it.
Thank you. I guess I won't try to link the new res number.

Is anyone familiar with the Traditional rooms at the Swan, described as having no view? Does that mean they are rooms without windows? Or is it more that they face the side of a building or something like that?

Is anyone familiar with the Traditional rooms at the Swan, described as having no view? Does that mean they are rooms without windows? Or is it more that they face the side of a building or something like that?
It could be a view of a rooftop or the front drive. There is a range and not necessarily terrible. I have had Traditional room views that were fine - just not quite as scenic as the upgraded views.

Or is it more that they face the side of a building or something like that?
Bingo! If you scroll through everything here you'll views or roof tops or other buildings, but you won't see water, fireworks, etc. I think so far I've only seen 2 photos that I really have to question why they were charged full price, truly awful view of a roof top and a/c units.

Here are a few I found, thankfully these are not as common as better views, but you do get what you pay for.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-369#post-59755623
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-261#post-58883328
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-354#post-59625334

Last edited:

Bingo! If you scroll through everything here you'll views or roof tops or other buildings, but you won't see water, fireworks, etc. I think so far I've only seen 2 photos that I really have to question why they were charged full price, truly awful view of a roof top and a/c units.

Here are a few I found, thankfully these are not as common as better views, but you do get what you pay for.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-369#post-59755623
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-261#post-58883328
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-354#post-59625334

Or the dreaded 'dumpster view' that Tara had.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dolphin-room-suggestions.2909182/#post-44577333

I’m sorry, all I can hear when I read this is the following...

And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors… which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out!”

:laughing:

We just got back from a week long stay at the Dolphin and I am happy to report that we had no issues during our stay. Room was ready when we arrived (around 830am) and I was surprised to see that we were given a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Suite thanks to my Marriott Platinum status. We also had really great meals at Shula's, Il Mulino, and Cabanas.

We just got back from a week long stay at the Dolphin and I am happy to report that we had no issues during our stay. Room was ready when we arrived (around 830am) and I was surprised to see that we were given a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Suite thanks to my Marriott Platinum status. We also had really great meals at Shula's, Il Mulino, and Cabanas.
Sounds good to me, welcome home.

Looking at pictures and reading room descriptions hasn't left me feeling like I have a clue...so I am hoping that experienced Swan & Dolphin folks can give me the answer.

Our next trip will include two teens that won't sleep together - one is a major kicker!

Are there room options that would provide 3 sleeping surfaces??? If so, what are they called? I have seen rooms with sleeper sofas....but they always seem to be in rooms with just one bed. FWIW, I can't consider higher end rooms. If it isn't going to be similarly priced to or less expensive than an AoA suite or discounted Disney Deluxe resort, it is a no go.

Question reagrding EMH.
DH is going to a conference and I will be staying with him to go to the parks. He will not be going, but I want to do EMH. I have not linked the reservation in MDE because there have been so many issues with the hotel(quadruple charging for several months in advance, losing reservations, taking weeks to respond for just the starter). Other spouses who are coming along have told me that linking the reservation has been a nightmare/disaster.
I was going to try anyway because I really want to do EMH while there, but, given the problems the others are having, I was actually just thinking not to bother. I thought this would mean that I would not get into EMH, but, if I understand correctly, all I need to do is show my keycard when coming into the park? Do they scan it or something? Or is it literally just looking to see if you are carrying one?

@3gr8boys I don't think you will find the pricing of any of the larger "suite" rooms better than a AoA Suite. But if you get good pricing you might find 2 rooms works better. But by all means it's worth a call to see.

@b5sgqueen from the discussion that was just had about this I think if you have your hotel card you should be good to go.

Looking at pictures and reading room descriptions hasn't left me feeling like I have a clue...so I am hoping that experienced Swan & Dolphin folks can give me the answer.

Our next trip will include two teens that won't sleep together - one is a major kicker!

Are there room options that would provide 3 sleeping surfaces??? If so, what are they called? I have seen rooms with sleeper sofas....but they always seem to be in rooms with just one bed. FWIW, I can't consider higher end rooms. If it isn't going to be similarly priced to or less expensive than an AoA suite or discounted Disney Deluxe resort, it is a no go.
The two-bedded rooms do not have a sofa of any kind, just the single king rooms. I believe that a rollaway bed is available at $25 per night, but I'm not sure if a two-bed room would have enough floor space.

I suggest you contact in-house reservations to ask; they are very helpful.
Phone: 407.934.4000

The two-bedded rooms do not have a sofa of any kind, just the single king rooms. I believe that a rollaway bed is available at $25 per night, but I'm not sure if a two-bed room would have enough floor space.

I suggest you contact in-house reservations to ask; they are very helpful.
Phone: 407.934.4000

And I believe the only one that provides rollaways is the Dolphin. The Swan does not.

@3gr8boys I don't think you will find the pricing of any of the larger "suite" rooms better than a AoA Suite. But if you get good pricing you might find 2 rooms works better. But by all means it's worth a call to see.

@b5sgqueen from the discussion that was just had about this I think if you have your hotel card you should be good to go.

Connecting rooms would be great if the price is right..2 tvs, 2 bathrooms.....any idea what the policy or track record is concerning connecting rooms? As in, can it be guaranteed? Or at least accommodated most of the time?

When the time comes, I will certainly call....responses to my question give me the impression that the phone staff is knowledgeable.

@3gr8boys I'd call and ask for in-house reservations, they can give a rough idea of pricing at least rack rates and see what your best/cheapest option might be. I think you stand a better chance of getting a connecting room at S/D, but I'm not really sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter