Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if with the S/D that one gets the rolling 60 days for FP bookings for days offsite after an onsite stay.

I'm hoping someone of this thread can advise. I tried this question on the planning thread and no one knew the answer, then I tried calling both Disney and the Swan, and both told me that it was the same effect for both Disney hotels and for Swan / Dolphin , that is the the 60 days only applies to days onsite. Since I know that it does work for the Disney resorts and therefore the info was wrong I can't rely on that info whatsoever.

So back to my question...has anyone done this ? Any light anyone can shed ?

FYI, there still seems to be some confusion over how to link S/D reservations to MDE accounts. I've been through heck and high water getting it sorted out. Using my 9 digit number, I could never get the account linked. Spoke to Disney, was told I needed to contact the Dolphin to get entirely new reservation numbers. Called the Dolphin, was told my reservation numbers were fine, but I needed park tickets in hand before I could even begin creating the account. (Which I already new to be false.) Called the Dolphin again, was told to call the MDE dedicated desk. MDE people told me they would contact the Dolphin and manually link the reservations for me. 48 hours later, still nothing showed on my MDE account. On a WHIM, I took my 9 digit confirmation numbers, dropped the preceding 0's, making the confirmation only 8 digits long, linked like a dream. Had I only tried that to begin with! No harm no foul since it's sorted, but it seems there are still some issues to be worked out.

Greetings,

We will be visiting the Swan for the first time this December -- I was pleased to be able to link our points reservation in MDE last week!

I have a few questions, perhaps someone has answers for me. :)

1) I know that several grocery delivery services have been asked not to deliver to the Swan. However, it doesn't appear that they've asked Whole Foods not to deliver, because WF said they would for a 30 dollar fee. Would the Swan refuse this delivery? Has anyone ordered from WF?

2) Will other Disney resorts' bell services still move your stuff to the Swan? I've received conflicting answers from Swan vs Disney. If they won't, I am probably better served placing a grocery order while we're at AKL and cabbing over to the Swan.

3) I periodically go through the reviews on TripAdvisor because I'm obsessive that way. Recently, management has responded to reviews (twice that I've noticed) with this message:

"With regards to resort maintenance, we are pleased to share that there are plans for a beautiful refresh of our iconic resort. There will be multiple enhancements made to our resort, including our guest rooms. While we await the final design approval and project decisions, it is our duty to care for and maintain our resort with its current design."

Has anyone heard any rumors about when this refresh will begin?

Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

I 'm going to be staying at the Dolphin in Sept. I wanted to try the Swan, but it's not available during my dates. :sad1: Last time I took the cheapest room and ended up with a weird little room on the bottom floor at the end of the hall in a corner.. it wasn't even a full size room, and had a weird angled window. It was fine because it was super cheap, but this time I'd like to make sure I get a regular room with a window I can actually look out of... So, I want to book a 'view' room. :)

I'm torn between a resort view or a Epcot view. It's only $18 more for the Epcot view, but I figure those rooms are a long walk down the hall, correct? How well can you see Illuminations from those rooms? I didn't think the fireworks from Illuminations went very high, so I'm doubtful about how well you can actually see them from the hotel. Is it worth the long walk to the room?

I'm pleased to hear everyone has been able to link their reservations to the MDE account! Do you have to buy your park tickets from Disney's website in order to schedule FP+?

I 'm going to be staying at the Dolphin in Sept. I wanted to try the Swan, but it's not available during my dates. :sad1: Last time I took the cheapest room and ended up with a weird little room on the bottom floor at the end of the hall in a corner.. it wasn't even a full size room, and had a weird angled window. It was fine because it was super cheap, but this time I'd like to make sure I get a regular room with a window I can actually look out of... So, I want to book a 'view' room. :)

I'm torn between a resort view or a Epcot view. It's only $18 more for the Epcot view, but I figure those rooms are a long walk down the hall, correct? How well can you see Illuminations from those rooms? I didn't think the fireworks from Illuminations went very high, so I'm doubtful about how well you can actually see them from the hotel. Is it worth the long walk to the room?

I'm pleased to hear everyone has been able to link their reservations to the MDE account! Do you have to buy your park tickets from Disney's website in order to schedule FP+?

I had no trouble at all linking my Dolphin ressie and the tickets I purchased from UCT to MDE. And once it became available to off site guests I was able to book all my FP+s.

I have only stayed at Dolphin once prior, had a resort view room which was at the end of the hall facing the YC. It was not weirdly small or anything, it was a nice room. This upcoming trip I have booked 2 resort view rooms and requested they be connected. Not too concerned about view so didn't splurge for Epcot view. But could understand why you would enjoy that view.

Does anyone know if with the S/D that one gets the rolling 60 days for FP bookings for days offsite after an onsite stay.

I'm hoping someone of this thread can advise. I tried this question on the planning thread and no one knew the answer, then I tried calling both Disney and the Swan, and both told me that it was the same effect for both Disney hotels and for Swan / Dolphin , that is the the 60 days only applies to days onsite. Since I know that it does work for the Disney resorts and therefore the info was wrong I can't rely on that info whatsoever.

So back to my question...has anyone done this ? Any light anyone can shed ?
I have not but I would think it the same as Disney.

Greetings,

We will be visiting the Swan for the first time this December -- I was pleased to be able to link our points reservation in MDE last week!

I have a few questions, perhaps someone has answers for me. :)

1) I know that several grocery delivery services have been asked not to deliver to the Swan. However, it doesn't appear that they've asked Whole Foods not to deliver, because WF said they would for a 30 dollar fee. Would the Swan refuse this delivery? Has anyone ordered from WF?

2) Will other Disney resorts' bell services still move your stuff to the Swan? I've received conflicting answers from Swan vs Disney. If they won't, I am probably better served placing a grocery order while we're at AKL and cabbing over to the Swan.

3) I periodically go through the reviews on TripAdvisor because I'm obsessive that way. Recently, management has responded to reviews (twice that I've noticed) with this message:

"With regards to resort maintenance, we are pleased to share that there are plans for a beautiful refresh of our iconic resort. There will be multiple enhancements made to our resort, including our guest rooms. While we await the final design approval and project decisions, it is our duty to care for and maintain our resort with its current design."

Has anyone heard any rumors about when this refresh will begin?

Thanks in advance for your replies! :)
I would call the Swan and ask on the groceries. I am pretty sure they would charge. I know they charge for accepting deliveries, like a box from Amazon.

Last I heard, switching between Disney and Swan, or viceversa, is accommodated by both parties.

As for refresh, it seems these large resorts, S/D or Disney, are under updates on a continual basis.

If you are in one of the higher floors, you could see the fireworks that are higher up. But, as you said, more of the show is low near the lagoon.

We personally have stayed in an Epcot view room all but once. It can be a bit of a walk, but it doesn't bother us. And obviously it gets much less foot traffic. Yes, you have a beautiful view of the fireworks that are higher up, but as said, much is also very low. I personally love the view though. It's also nice to have the view of the lagoon and boardwalk. For us, though, we always get a BALCONY Epcot view. So I really spend a lot of time during the afternoon break from the parks sitting out, reading, enjoying the atmosphere. I imagine I would not care about the view as much if I did not have that balcony.

Opinions please! Should I book my room now for the week 10/18-10/25? It's F&W and right now I really don't think I'm going to get the RO discount at the YC that I need to make it worth me staying there over the Dolphin.

Right now I can book a resort room for $233 a night (AARP discount, yeah for me DH turned 50 last year and I got him a membership as a joke! :rotfl2: ) with only 1 night to hold it, fully refundable and changable until 10/13.

Do you think The Dolphin will book up quickly for that time? I may not know what's the story with the YC room discount until July and I'm worried I won't be able to get a room then if I wait. :(

If the Dolphin rates drop in the meantime can I call and book the lower rate easily or is that a difficult process? (I did join the Starwood Preferred program too and the Recipe of the Month club..yummy recipes!)

Thanks for all your help :love:

Booked for Dolphin :dance3:

Now I have 2 hotels for the same week:scared1:

It's a mystery which one we'll end up at, but either will be great :)

We personally have stayed in an Epcot view room all but once. It can be a bit of a walk, but it doesn't bother us. And obviously it gets much less foot traffic. Yes, you have a beautiful view of the fireworks that are higher up, but as said, much is also very low. I personally love the view though. It's also nice to have the view of the lagoon and boardwalk. For us, though, we always get a BALCONY Epcot view. So I really spend a lot of time during the afternoon break from the parks sitting out, reading, enjoying the atmosphere. I imagine I would not care about the view as much if I did not have that balcony.

Thanks! I totally forgot that I'd be able to see crescent lake with that view too. I'm going to go for it. :> Do you request a balcony when you make your reservation? I assume they can't guarantee it.

I do not request a balcony. I am not in the room all that much, plus the balconies, at least on the Swan side are really tiny. There is a small table and two chairs with barely enough room to turn around. When I have had a balcony upgrade (several times over the years), I have opened the sliding door and checkin, walked out, looked for a moment at the view, walked back in, and that was it. The rooms on the other hand, are great.

Hi all.

My wife and I are visiting the dolphin resort for two weeks this September, coming from the uk. We've been once before and loved it, but this is our first time here since dolphin guests are able to use magic bands. We used magic bands when we were last at disney , staying at the yacht club, and it's something we would like to do again. On the my disney experience app I've managed to link our resort reservation and our disney tickets that we've bought over here, so that's all good.

My question is, how do we purchase the magic bands for use at the dolphin? Can we do this in advance or does it have to be done at check in? Also, can we still make advanced fastpass reservations if we haven't yet purchased the bands, as that's something I'm also keen to do.

Thanks for any help!

Magic bands are independent of FP+ reservations, so you can make FP+ reservations as soon as your 60 day window opens. My understanding is MB's are only available in the parks for purchase.

Magic bands are independent of FP+ reservations, so you can make FP+ reservations as soon as your 60 day window opens. My understanding is MB's are only available in the parks for purchase.

Thanks for this. Looks like our old bands will still link to anything on mde so think I'll be able to use our old ones. This is great news for us.

One more sleep, tonight, and then heading home to the Swan tomorrow with my daughter and two grandsons for a week. Really looking forward to it. :cool1:

Have a great trip Dan! Do you have fast pass pluses already selected? Looks like you might get on the Mine Train, I'll be crossing my fingers for you! and you will be some of the first to get that 4th. fast pass! :)

Thanks, Robin. Yes, I do have FP+'s. Not sure I want to be around the Mine Train area. :scared1: That and the Frozen princesses area. :scared1:

Need to get to bed, I will be dead tired in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter