Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Well I am trying to plan a little getaway for dh and I. looking at dates Nov. 28-Dec. 4 and call me sticker shocked by the prices.

our last trip was May and I know this is a busy holiday time but $457 for a room at the Swan, wowsa:scared1:

The Swan is sold out one night so we will probably split with the Dolphin to save money on that very expensive night too.

If you are looking to stay around this area, the Yacht Club has Standard View rooms available under the Magical Holidays room, only, offer for less than that, and you are guaranteed of getting a balcony and Magical Express. That's assuming that you are not looking for a suite, etc., at the Swan.

Also, in case you are not aware, there will be no FriendShip boat service to EPCOT, during that time. Instead, buses will operate from the Swan/Dolphin to EPCOT, and the walkway to the International Gateway at EP will remain open. This is due to work on the gondola system.

I decided not to stay at the Swan, while the boat service to EPCOT is disrupted, as it's just a short 5-7 minute walk from YC/BC to the IG. I just do not like taking the bus to/from EP, if I don't have to.

Last edited:
Has anyone used points to book suites since the merger? It’s too far out for me to call to book but was trying to make sure I had enough points. Didn’t know if there was a standard cost in points.

Well had Dh book it. 2 nights Swan, 2 nights at the Dolphin, then back to the Swan for the last 2 nights.

The reservations person told dh he could have a room at the sold out Swan Dec 1st for $800 a night :scared1:

also should Dh call to fix this? The Dolphin email reservation confirmation we received says only 1 guest. Should that be fixed before I link it to the mde account?

Well had Dh book it. 2 nights Swan, 2 nights at the Dolphin, then back to the Swan for the last 2 nights.

The reservations person told dh he could have a room at the sold out Swan Dec 1st for $800 a night :scared1:

also should Dh call to fix this? The Dolphin email reservation confirmation we received says only 1 guest. Should that be fixed before I link it to the mde account?

Yes!

What is the best strategy for booking mid-December 2019 (might be so crazy if Star Wars opens). We'd want some sort of suite. I forget since the merger how early we can book and if there is an earlier window for calling/vs booking online - especially if it's a more complicated type of reservation or one using points/cash upgrades. Thanks!!!!!!!

The Dolphin email reservation confirmation we received says only 1 guest. Should that be fixed before I link it to the mde account?
Yes! Give them a call.

What is the best strategy for booking mid-December 2019 (might be so crazy if Star Wars opens). We'd want some sort of suite. I forget since the merger how early we can book and if there is an earlier window for calling/vs booking online - especially if it's a more complicated type of reservation or one using points/cash upgrades. Thanks!!!!!!!
They are booking for Nov 1 & 2nd 2019 so you want to be ready to book pretty soon. I just looked and I don't see Cash & Points as an option, well in the way it used to work. Now it only appears you can book a full night either cash or points, you can book say two nights and points for one night (50,000) and cash for the other. The old SPG system allowed you to book even one night with cash and points, and the points basis was a better deal.

Yes! Give them a call.

They are booking for Nov 1 & 2nd 2019 so you want to be ready to book pretty soon. I just looked and I don't see Cash & Points as an option, well in the way it used to work. Now it only appears you can book a full night either cash or points, you can book say two nights and points for one night (50,000) and cash for the other. The old SPG system allowed you to book even one night with cash and points, and the points basis was a better deal.
Yeah, the point increase is a bummer for sure! I'm curious what the suites points chart looks like. Or if it's standard points and then a cash upgrade fee.

Anyone have experience taking an Uber from the Dolphin to Universal? Trying to decide if its worth renting a car for 3 days with the rental fee plus parking, or if its better to just take an Uber.

Yeah, the point increase is a bummer for sure! I'm curious what the suites points chart looks like. Or if it's standard points and then a cash upgrade fee.
I'd be curious too, I can't find away to show points values on anything but standard rooms. But at 50,000 for a standard room I'm afraid to know how crazy they get with anything like a suite.

Anyone have experience taking an Uber from the Dolphin to Universal? Trying to decide if its worth renting a car for 3 days with the rental fee plus parking, or if its better to just take an Uber.
Quote from ride.gugu shows a standard Lyft/Uber to be under $20, other users have said about $25. However that doesn't take into account traffic at the time I checked. I-4 can be a nightmare, there are other ways to get there. If you're only going for a day, Lyft/Uber makes sense IMHO.

If you are looking to stay around this area, the Yacht Club has Standard View rooms available under the Magical Holidays room, only, offer for less than that, and you are guaranteed of getting a balcony and Magical Express. That's assuming that you are not looking for a suite, etc., at the Swan.

Also, in case you are not aware, there will be no FriendShip boat service to EPCOT, during that time. Instead, buses will operate from the Swan/Dolphin to EPCOT, and the walkway to the International Gateway at EP will remain open. This is due to work on the gondola system.

I decided not to stay at the Swan, while the boat service to EPCOT is disrupted, as it's just a short 5-7 minute walk from YC/BC to the IG. I just do not like taking the bus to/from EP, if I don't have to.
I'll be at the Swan when the boats aren't running. I almost always walk to Epcot, so the lack of boats won't bother me - unless it's raining. I sometimes walk to the Studios, too, but may opt for the bus first thing in the morning.

I want to book a reservation at the Swan for 7/29/19 to 8/5/19 using points and cash. I am Platinum premier with marriott and have 200,000 points to use toward the booking. The rooms are 50,000/night. With 5 people in my party (2 adults, 3 children), I want to book an Alcove Queen room with the points/cash combo.

How is the best way to go about this that's most likely to get me what I want out of the reservation? Contact Marriott reservations? Call the Swan directly? Does the Swan honor the book 4 nights, get 5th free when you use points?

I have 5 suite night awards I'd like to try to use in hopes of something better even than an Alcove room.

Thanks!

I want to book a reservation at the Swan for 7/29/19 to 8/5/19 using points and cash. I am Platinum premier with marriott and have 200,000 points to use toward the booking. The rooms are 50,000/night. With 5 people in my party (2 adults, 3 children), I want to book an Alcove Queen room with the points/cash combo.

How is the best way to go about this that's most likely to get me what I want out of the reservation? Contact Marriott reservations? Call the Swan directly? Does the Swan honor the book 4 nights, get 5th free when you use points?

I have 5 suite night awards I'd like to try to use in hopes of something better even than an Alcove room.

Thanks!
I would call the Swan reservation line direct, they will be the most knowledgeable and helpful vs. getting a call center person. I would be doubtful they will honor the 5th night free since you are booking with points, but you never know it sure doesn't hurt to ask. As a Platinum that may give you a bit more pull too.

I would call the Swan reservation line direct, they will be the most knowledgeable and helpful vs. getting a call center person. I would be doubtful they will honor the 5th night free since you are booking with points, but you never know it sure doesn't hurt to ask. As a Platinum that may give you a bit more pull too.
you should get the 5th night free. at least - you better! i hope they didn't stop that practice!

Hey, LMP!

My reservation email at the Dolphin for a trip in January said 1 guest (me) and I already linked it before I realized it. My husband is joining me. I called the Dolphin hotel itself, she changed it on the reservation as I can see it on Marriott.com but it’s not changed in MDE yet. I am frustrated. It may have to do with the fact there there is both a Marriott and SPG confirmation number. I guess I have to call again. What a pain.

t may have to do with the fact there there is both a Marriott and SPG confirmation number. I guess I have to call again. What a pain.
Are both the SPG and Marriott #'s active? I would have though like they did with the conversion of the rewards #s that the old SPG #s would phase out.

It's my understanding that the process of inform Disney of your reservation for MDE is done by hand and can take several days. Unless you are up against the wall and booking things I'd wait a few days.

Are both the SPG and Marriott #'s active? I would have though like they did with the conversion of the rewards #s that the old SPG #s would phase out.

It's my understanding that the process of inform Disney of your reservation for MDE is done by hand and can take several days. Unless you are up against the wall and booking things I'd wait a few days.

Member numbers for both SPG and Marriott are both active and both confirmation #’s are active. The rep I spoke to at the Dolphin only wanted to update the Marriott confirmation # but I had to add the spg confirmation to MDE since MDE didn’t recognize the Marriott confirmation.

I have a couple of weeks before booking FP’s so I’ll keep checking. Thanks.

Last edited:
Did someone mention here that you can book Dolphin on cash, and try to earn points up until your stay and then apply them? Or is there a time limit to apply points?

Did someone mention here that you can book Dolphin on cash, and try to earn points up until your stay and then apply them? Or is there a time limit to apply points?
I hope this helps

https://www.marriott.com/help/rewards-faqs.mi
What if I do not have enough Points for a Free Night Award when I book my stay?

If you do not have enough Points for the entire stay, you can still reserve your room at select hotels. When you make your reservation, you must select "Use Points." Your room will be reserved, however, your Free Night Award will not be processed. Instead, you will receive an email confirmation of your room reservation only.

From the time of booking to at least 14 days before your arrival, you will either need to purchase Points (maximum 50,000 Points per account per year), or have additional stays to earn enough Points to cover the difference. If there are not enough Points within 14 days of the stay, the Free Night Award will be forfeited.

Once you have enough Points for your stay, you can order your Free Night Award online. First look up your reservation and then use the link to order your Free Night Award.

Your Points will be redeemed for your stay, and you will receive an email confirmation of your Free Night Award order along with a reminder of your reservation information. The hotel will have your Free Night Award on the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!