Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey Swolphin fans! I was able to update my Swan reservation to include 3 adults (verified online) but it still only shows 2 adults on MDE after 2 days. I called Disney tonight and asked them to unlink my reservation and allow me to relink it to get the extra person. I was told that they didn't need to do that and I would be OK because "outside resorts" have what they call a "law of inheritance". I can make FPs for a person based on my "outside" reservation as long as they are on my MDX account (not on their own) and they have park passes. He said it was a "back door" because of this situation of the other hotels not updating the info to WDW.

Have you heard of that or was the CM blowing smoke up my butt?

Yes!! I was just able to do this a few days ago. I realized that DH was not showing up on our Dolphin reservation in MDE right before FP day, and didn't have time to call and sort it out. But I didn't have any trouble making FPs for all of us. As long as everyone is linked in MDE, it should be fine.

Asking for transportation recommendations --> MCO airport to Dolphin Hotel, one way :confused3:confused3
How many people do you need to transport? I usually visit WDW solo, so I take Mears or Super Shuttle (whichever costs less) to/from the Swan. In the past, I have also rented a car from National or Alamo for a one-way rental between the airport and the Dolphin - especially when I used to visit my mom in Cocoa.

Asking for transportation recommendations --> MCO airport to Dolphin Hotel, one way :confused3:confused3

Rent a car, or use ride share like Lyft or Uber.
There are car services, and taxis as well.
You can rent a car one way from MCO to the Dolphin and have a chance to make a grocery stop. The Dolphin has a National / Alamo rental desk. You can also use the Disney Care Care Center for both National / Alamo returns or pickups.

Dave

I recognize this is a very niche question so I may not get a response, but has anyone ever had two simultaneous reservations both linked to MDE - one for Swolphin, one for an onsite Disney resort? I have read conflicting reports from years past as to whether this will cause problems, but am hoping that since the Swan/Dolphin reservations are already a bit wonky on MDE, it won't "see" the Dolphin stay and cause me problems.

As a brief explanation, the math worked out for me to take advantage of an AP discount room rate and add the dining plan (for a ticketless package) and even paying for a room we won't need, it will cost less than paying OOP for the meals. Plus we'll get souvenir mugs and snacks. So I have a Dolphin stay linked to MDE on which I am lead guest and an onsite stay linked to MDE on which I am the lead guest. We can't switch the lead guest on the Dolphin reservation since it was a Hotwire booking and I don't want to go through the legwork of making DH lead on the onsite reservation.

Just looking for experiences, if anyone has tried this.

Not a problem as you don't have 2 Disney resort reservations where you are the lead. That's where you would have an issue. Either of your current reservations get you the 60 FP+ window.

For future reference: if your reservations don't just overlap but are for the exact time period then you don't even need to link the Swolphin reservation to MDE at all as there is not an additional benefit.

Dave

What is the earliest anyone has checked in at Dolphin? Our flight arrives on Nov 27th around 9am. Plan to get there by 10 depending on traffic. We are going to MVMCP that evening and will have a ton of time in between. I have backup plans to tour the resorts for Christmas decorations if we can't get in super early, but would really like to get a nap since we will have been up since 4am and plan to close down the party. If we check in around 3pm, that really wouldn't give us time to rest before getting to the park at 4pm for the party.

Anyone with recent experience with status perks here?

DH has been doing the SPG thing for years, and has platinum status. For our upcoming trip, I'm on the reservation, too, along with the kids. Does anyone have recent (post Marriott/Starwood merger) experience with free breakfast? I'm assuming it's still offered, but does it apply to the whole party or just one or two people? When we all travel together, we frequently all get to eat free, but there are some hotels where there's a limit based on double occupancy or something. This is our first Swan stay, and I'm trying to figure out what I need to budget for breakfast.
We were there two weeks ago. I have platinum. I opted for bfast vouchers. Voucher was dated and good for two people only. Also received a platinum mickey shaped pin from marriott. Voucher is for the continental part of the breakfast at Garden grove or Fresh. You can upgrade to the full buffet at each location for under 10 bucks I believe. Characters were in Garden grove on the weekend days.

Yes!! I was just able to do this a few days ago. I realized that DH was not showing up on our Dolphin reservation in MDE right before FP day, and didn't have time to call and sort it out. But I didn't have any trouble making FPs for all of us. As long as everyone is linked in MDE, it should be fine.
Thanks! I was able to make FP+ this morning for all 4 of us (my DD's BF too, if they go they are actually staying at the Dolphin but not until 2 days after us) at the buttcrack of dawn.

We were there two weeks ago. I have platinum. I opted for bfast vouchers. Voucher was dated and good for two people only. Also received a platinum mickey shaped pin from marriott. Voucher is for the continental part of the breakfast at Garden grove or Fresh. You can upgrade to the full buffet at each location for under 10 bucks I believe. Characters were in Garden grove on the weekend days.

Thank you! Do I need reservations for Garden Grove? And if we're only doing the continental part of the breakfast, can we still interact with the characters? I would like to go with my sons, so I'd just pay for one extra person.

What is the earliest anyone has checked in at Dolphin? Our flight arrives on Nov 27th around 9am. Plan to get there by 10 depending on traffic. We are going to MVMCP that evening and will have a ton of time in between. I have backup plans to tour the resorts for Christmas decorations if we can't get in super early, but would really like to get a nap since we will have been up since 4am and plan to close down the party. If we check in around 3pm, that really wouldn't give us time to rest before getting to the park at 4pm for the party.

At the beginning of Sept. we checked into the Dolphin at about 8:30 and our room was ready.

Just before 9 am, mid July. Had a balcony with fireworks view room booked and the room was ready when we checked in. Made our day a lot easier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter